American Idol Season 18 Premiere Countdown: Bobby Bones Day

Idol Maniac

Riley Thompson wasn't that great. She was a Carrie Underwood wannabe. She was trying too hard to sound and be like Carrie Underwood, but Riley Thompson will never be as good as Carrie Underwood is. Plus, Riley Thompson's voice just really needed to mature. Dimitrius Graham and Uche Ndubizu were overall good.

Edited by movieguy40

21 minutes ago, frederick said:

Uche was good, I liked him.

Riley needed more time but she has the look. Eddie Island is terrible.

I knew I wasn't the only one who thought Eddie Island was one of the worst contestants ever on American Idol. Katy Perry only put him through because she thought he was funny. She didn't care that he was a bad singer. If Simon Cowell was there as a judge that season, Eddie Island wouldn't have made it during the audition round and if he managed to make it through the audition round, he definitely without a doubt wouldn't have made the Top 40 let alone the Top 20. Also, American Idol is not a beauty contest. You need to have the look and the voice. Riley Thompson didn't have the voice and that's a fact. Another contestant that wouldn't have made it past the Hollywood Week round if Simon Cowell was judging that season. Riley Thompson's voice really needed a lot of time to mature.

Edited by movieguy40

I love Walker :wub: I feel like he had a solid start but lost his way during the live shows. Maybe he didn't want it as badly as he thought, missing home, etc.

Alyssa is very good and talented, but very boring and something is missing? She never had entertaining performances and just nothing stood out for her to be a star, for me.

Edited by frederick

5 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

The most upsetting elimination for me since Pia’s robbery in 9th place. Jeremiah should have been in the Final 3, at least. 

As good as he was, he wasn’t main stream enough to move on. And Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon was playing it safe a little bit. No risks. He didn’t even do a real rock song like Dream On by Aerosmith. Had Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon done a song like that, he might have made Top 3 last season.

5 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

The most upsetting elimination for me since Pia’s robbery in 9th place. Jeremiah should have been in the Final 3, at least. 

I agree that Pia Toscano was robbed though and should have made it into at least the Top 4 or 5 of American Idol Season 10.