American Idol Season 18 Premiere Countdown: Bobby Bones Day

Idol Maniac

Ashley Hess was way better than Eddie Island and Eddie Island was a complete joke. Margie Mays should have made it over him. Katy Perry says he uses too much humor during his performances. He should have been cut right there and then, which would mean that he doesn't make the Top 20. With her logic, if it was Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, or Randy Jackson as the judges, they would have cut him and put Margie Mays into the Top 20 instead. While Margie Mays put humor into her audition, all her other performances after that didn't use much humor. Eddie Island didn't have one performance that ddin't rely on humor and that's why he didn't make the Top 10. He shouldn't have even made the Top 10. Ashley Hess should have made it in the Top 10 though.

Edited by movieguy40

And Eddie Island did a horrendous job performing Elton John's Bennie And The Jets. Like that was the worst performance he has ever done on the show. Simon Cowell would have really gave him a reality check if he was a judge that season especially after that performance.

51 minutes ago, movieguy40 said:

And Eddie Island did a horrendous job performing Elton John's Bennie And The Jets. Like that was the worst performance he has ever done on the show. Simon Cowell would have really gave him a reality check if he was a judge that season especially after that performance.

If you think Simon Cowell is above promoting awful, should be considered as joke contestants, I suggest you Google “X Factor UK Honey G”.

10 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I liked Evelyn. She had some cool song choices. I think she should’ve made the Top 10 over Alyssa. 

No Evelyn sounded very screechy at certain points when she was singing and a little pitchy. She was not that great. The judges made the right choice having Alyssa Raghu instead and they knew Evelyn wasn’t as good as Alyssa Raghu, which is why Alyssa Raghu made the Top 10 and Evelyn didn’t.

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

If you think Simon Cowell is above promoting awful, should be considered as joke contestants, I suggest you Google “X Factor UK Honey G”.

From what I have seen of Honey G and Simon Cowell, Simon Cowell didn’t really like him, but the other three judges did, so he knew he had no chance stating how much he disliked Honey G. So he pretended to like him. Unless you have proof of Simon Cowell actually liking Honey G, which I highly doubt because from what I saw, Simon Cowell really hated Honey G.

23 minutes ago, movieguy40 said:

From what I have seen of Honey G and Simon Cowell, Simon Cowell didn’t really like him, but the other three judges did, so he knew he had no chance stating how much he disliked Honey G. So he pretended to like him. Unless you have proof of Simon Cowell actually liking Honey G, which I highly doubt because from what I saw, Simon Cowell really hated Honey G.

He signed her to SYCO. That’s proof to me.

6 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

He signed her to SYCO. That’s proof to me.

Okay we’ll just agree that Eddie Island was way worse if not equally as bad as Honey G. At least Honey G actually sounded good rapping and a bit with the singing. Honey G also didn’t use humor in his performances the way Eddie Island did.

1 minute ago, movieguy40 said:

Okay we’ll just agree that Eddie Island was way worse if not equally as bad as Honey G. At least Honey G actually sounded good rapping and a bit with the singing. Honey G also didn’t use humor in his performances the way Eddie Island did.

I don’t really care who was worse. I’m simply saying that Simon sees acts in terms of $$ and if he thought Eddie  Island could make him money, he’d push him.

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t really care who was worse. I’m simply saying that Simon sees acts in terms of $$ and if he thought Eddie  Island could make him money, he’d push him.

Okay, but Simon Cowell wouldn’t have thought that Eddie Island would make him money because Eddie Island wasn’t that good.