Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

2 hours ago, .Rei said:

I’m gonna be cutting The Mindy Project but I can only do it later today.. if anyone who’s a fan of the show feel like doing a write-up please do it 😘

I should be able to do it - I've watched the entire show so I am fine with doing it. 

Image result for the mindy project logo

tumblr_owjv08emXb1tofc6no2_540.gifv

As Rei requested to have someone do his write-up, notably someone who is fan of the show, I will be doing it! Let's start off with a quick overview of the series: The Mindy Project started to air in 2012 on Fox where it stars Mindy Kaling, whom is also the executive producer, creator, and writer. Other actors features in the show are Chris Messina - eye candy alert, Adam Pally, Ed Weeks, Anna Camp, Ike Barinholtz, Fortune Feimster, Xosha Roquemore, Beth Grant,and Stephen Tobolowsky.  After a successful run on Fox where they ended up getting cancelled, Hulu came to rescue where the show continued until its 6th season - if I am not mistaken, this was one of the first "hulu original". 

What is the show about? The show is inspired by Mindy's mom. Anyway, the series follows Mindy Lahiri, a obstetrician and gynecologist, as she tries her best to balance her professional & personal life. She works in a small medical practice in NYC where she works with the likes of Danny Castallano who becomes a friend and love interest, Jeremy Reed whom is handsome and he knows it, Morgan Tooker whom is an ex-con who ends up as a nurse, Tamra Webb whom is a nurse and is not shy to say what's on her mind, and Beverley whom is the hilarious and old receptionist. 

giphy.gif

The first season of the series started off strong - the pilot was brilliantly made and Mindy's portrayal is amazing. In the first season, Mindy and Danny develops a friendship while she is getting into a relationship with Casey after breaking up with a long-term boyfriend - she is making the decision to move to Haiti with Casey for a whole year. How did that work out? At the start of the second season, Mindy has to return to NYC for an emergency surgery where she has to make a crucial decision - to go back to Haiti or stay in NYC. She decides to stay in NYC where she is returning to work at the practice. Throughout the 2nd season, we are starting to notice a spark between Danny & Mindy - all of this is happening while she broke up with Casey to find an interest in a guy named Cliff to only realize she has feeling for Danny which she decides to act on during the finale of the season.  In its 3rd season and its final season on FOX, Danny & Mindy struggles to keep their relationship a secret from everyone at work. And Mindy tries to win approval of Danny's mom while Danny is trying to teach life skills to Mindy; Mindy has a troubling relationship with Danny's mom whom is hovering too much in their relationship.  Mindy & Danny are excited to start their own family which will come with a price... And this is why the fan were rooting for the show to get picked up by another network!

tumblr_inline_o6sdrfCREX1r0kl70_540.gif

Now that the show is on Hulu, the 4th season starts with Danny finally meeting Mindy's parents while her and Danny have disagreement on the birth of their child - their son arrives into this world when they were least expecting him.  For most of the season, Mindy is struggling while being on maternity leave until she challenges Danny to be a stay at home dad until his dad suffers a heart attack - Annette must step in as a nanny much to Mindy's delight.  While all of this is happening, Mindy's clinic is struggling financially and she must start planning her wedding which does not happen, as they end their relationship. Now that  Mindy is single, again, she is ready to mingle while trying to stay in touch with her heritage which she is struggling with. At the end of this season, Danny & Mindy reconnect in an elevator which makes us believe that there's still a connection between the two of them.  

246a819b3f2e5416e77656014c8935d3.gif

In its 5th season, Mindy is still struggling with her love life - she is unsure if she should pursue Jody as she still have feeling for Danny which many of us audience believe that they are the OTP. And in her business venture, she is faced with a nurse strikes at her clinic which is taking a toll on the doctors at the clinic. The second part of the season focuses on Mindy's new found love, Ben whom have a daughter of his own - the season end where Mindy believes that Ben is planning to propose as she finally come to term that she does not want to get married.  

source.gif

And now in its final season, Mindy & Ben are finally married which is short lived as they decide to get divorced, early on in the season.  This forces Mindy to turn to one of her ex, Cliff whom is a lawyer, to help her with her divorce - all of this is happening while Jeremy is struggling with a breakup of his own until he found love, again. The season ends with Mindy finding that Annette has a serious health problem which forces her to tell Danny where they can't agree on the best care for Annette.  And the series ends with a hint that there's a reconciliation between Mindy & Danny in the near future!

tumblr_o7p4272uoO1ujpkbso1_540.gif

As a whole, I really enjoyed the series - I am not the biggest fan of sitcom in general but Mindy made me fall in love with her and the entire cast.  The characters are hilarious - Mindy, Tamra, Bev and Morgan all gave us iconic quotes. And while the show lost its appeal towards the end, I was pleased with the final season - it concluded on a good note. Overall, the show was good for what it had to offer but not too sad that it is cut, now.

REI SAVED: ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT

• Like 1

TV REBOOT

d78811ea6d2858d3dd7cc2703068a0593809af2d

TV reboots have become a popular trend in recent years, and we'll be seeing that here in this rankdown too. Shows that were previously cancelled or ended on its own terms were suddenly brought back for new episodes. Now that we've reached the Top 300 and are more than halfway through the game, this seems like an appropriate time for a reboot of eliminated shows.

Each ranker gets to pick one show to return. However, if there are no shows you care see return to the game, then you can instead choose to give immunity for one television show of your choice until the Top 200.

Post your decisions publicly here on the thread.