Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

HAPPY ENDINGS TRIBUTE POST - PART 1 OF 3

happy endings queue GIF

or why it's the most under appreciated sitcom of our time ❤️

Happy Endings is a sitcom that aired on ABC for three seasons from 2011-2013. The show's initial premise centred around six friends coming together for the wedding of Dave & Alex. However, Alex has second thoughts and leaves Dave at the altar, bringing up the question, When a couple breaks up, who gets their friends? This is more all the more complicated by the fact that Alex's sister is Jane, who is married to Brad, who is best friends with Max and Dave. Jane & Alex grew up with Penny (the best character of the show), but Max is Penny's GBF. The first few episodes primarily focus around this conflict, but if you watched the show live, you'd have no idea because ABC completely butchered the airing order of the first season; while the first episode was the first episode aired, the second and third episodes were held back and aired as the 10th and 11th episodes for whatever reason. Episodes were aired haphazardly with no regard for continuity, which is upsetting since Happy Endings is one of the few shows that actually has amazing continuity. But I digress. The show garnered enough success and positive reviews in its initial 12 episodes (because an episode from the first season was held back until August for whatever reason) to get a renewal for a second season consisting of 22 episodes (but ABC once again held back an episode until the third season). The third season was shifted around on the schedule last minute with no regards for consistency or ads, so it was hard to know when new episodes were actually going to air. As such, the ratings for the last season were abysmal and ABC unceremoniously cancelled this and the equally incredible Don't Trust the B— in Apartment 23. Though rumours of a revival have been swirling for years, they've all sadly amounted to nothing even though the cast and creator all desperately want to do more episodes.

SEASON ONE

1x01. PILOT - The Happy Endings pilot might be my favourite sitcom premiere ever. It sets up the storyline immediately, and the characters all feel fleshed out even though we've literally just met them. After the cold open of Alex leaving Dave at the wedding, the episode jumps forward a week to Penny's birthday party where she's turning 30. She begins to feel like her biological clock is ticking and tries desperately to conceal both her age and her lack of being Jewish to her date (who is most likely actually gay) from J-Date. Hijacks ensue when Dave brings along a one-night stand as his date to get back at Alex, who still left for the honeymoon. Casey Wilson shines as Penny Hartz and quickly establishes herself as the best character on the show with classic moments such as:

tenor.gif

-and-

happy birthday GIF

Honorable mentions go to Eliza Coupe's delivery of all of her lines at the birthday dinner, as well.

1x02. BO FIGHT - Aired as the tenth episode of the first season for stupid reasons, this is the second episode produced and continues from the Pilot. Dave & Max get drunk and decide that they want to track down and fight the guy who showed up to Dave's wedding and took Alex away. Well, that's what Dave wants. Max just wants to sleep with him. Elsewhere, Penny keeps getting dragged along on Alex's "girls nights," which are just an excuse for Alex to keep her mind off the fact that she regrets breaking up with Dave at their wedding; Penny gets annoyed when Alex keeps interfering with her attempts at getting a man. Elsewhere, Jane grows worried that her marriage to Brad is losing its luster after Alex leaves Dave and decides that she and Brad need to go out for dinner.

1x03. BAREFOOT PEDALER - The group's favourite band Barefoot Pedaler (which is clearly a parody of Toad the Wet Sprocket) are in town for the night. Dave and Alex each want to attend, but their friends - who have been scheduling separate breakfast and dinners with them to keep them from interacting with other - would rather not since Dave and Alex fight whenever they're together. Dave & Alex decide to attend the show together anyway, and find their friends there. While Jane gets progressively drunker during the evening, Penny tries to convince everyone that she did, indeed, have a brief sexually-charged relationship with the band's lead singer, and Alex realizes that Dave is the one suffering from their break-up. This ultimately leads to a rather hilarious moment involving a taser and YouTube.

1x04. DAVE OF THE DEAD - Dave decides he's become a zombie at his office job and makes a rash decision to start a food truck. On the subject of zombies, Jane and Max decide to have a competition to see who could theoretically survive a zombie outbreak if it were to occur. As Dave refuses to listen to reason, Alex finally steps in with some sound advice to help Dave's career. Penny's plot line, the highlight of the episode as per usual, involves her falling for a hipster and quickly trying to pretend to be one, only to realize that it makes no sense. This episode is responsible for a gif that I have used many, many times in this forum:

happy endings penny GIF

META REFERENCE OF THE EPISODE: Alex, after looking at Dave's 78-page menu, tells him to stop trying to please the vegans because they're never happy. Elisha Cuthbert, who plays Alex, is a vegan in real life.

1x05. THE QUICKSAND GIRLFRIEND - This was somehow aired as the second episode of the show, and involves Dave trying to have meaningless sex with a girl at the bar. He feels bad about leaving in the morning and decides to call her, setting up a chain of events that involve them gradually becoming one of those annoyingly over-the-top couples. Meanwhile, Alex decides she needs a new roommate for the apartment that she and Dave used to live in, which leads Jane setting in to be aggressively helpful. In the end, Alex's roommate is secretly running a CAM show that results in a quick burst of money for Alex. Penny's plot line involves her deciding she wants a stereotypical gay best friend since, in Max's words, Max is just "a straight guy who likes d*ck." This introduces Derrick to the rest of the group, though he and Penny ultimately clash once Penny realizes that it's she who is the stereotypical gay best friend of the group.

1x06. WHY CAN'T YOU READ ME? - This episode was held over until August and randomly aired as the season finale? I don't know. Anyway, Jane's adult reading class meets Alex and decides they want Alex to help them, leading to Jane's resentment over how her younger sister always stole the attention growing up. Dave's latest fling is a lacrosse coach who films all of her sexual encounters and critiques them. Elsewhere, Penny gets a promotion and it comes with new office assistant (played by Gina Rodriguez). Her assistant, however, begins to take advantage of her, leading to Brad and Max - who have been listening in as the result of Penny's frequent pocket dials on her new phone - stepping in.

1x07. OF MICE & JAZZ KWON-DO - Alex's apartment develops a mouse problem, leading to her asking Dave for help. Dave begins to miss the old apartment and slowly moves back in. Alex, realizing Dave has been fixing a lot of the issues with the apartment, doesn't mind at first... until things get awkward. Penny's condo gets burglarized, leading to her taking a self-defence course. She invites Jane to tag along, and quickly regrets it when Jane's competitiveness gets the best of her. Meanwhile, Brad attempts to set up a blind date for Max, despite the two having absolutely nothing in common. Max eventually realizes that Brad just assumes all gay men will get along, and helps him learn the error of his ways.

1x08. MEIN COMING OUT - Max's parents are in town, and Max struggles with coming out to them. With Penny no longer agreeing to be his beard, Max sets his sets on both Jane and Alex individually, with some disastrous results. Elsewhere, Penny meets a dreamy guy at the bar and discovers that his last name... is Hitler. Though she can initially overlook it, he gets the wrong idea when he discovers her notebook full of her writing PENNY HARTZ HITLER as an attempt to get used to the last name and NO JEWISH written on the next page, which was Alex taking notes not to rely on Jewish stereotypes when she met Max's parents. In the end, Max ultimately comes out to his parents after a dinner with them goes askew with Jane, Alex and Penny all pretending to be his girlfriend... at the same time.

1x09. YOUR COUPLES FRIENDS & NEIGHBORS - Jane and Brad befriend a fellow married couple when they realize they don't have much in common with their single friends. It goes off track when they discover the couple are swingers and were trying to seduce Brad & Jane into having a foursome with them. On the flip side, things have gradually been disappearing in Max & Dave's apartment. After using a NannyCam, they discover there's a nomad living in their attic who has been stealing supplies from them. Unfortunately for them, Penny and Alex ran into that same nomad by themselves earlier, and Penny convinced Alex to go out on a date with him to an art gallery.

1x10. YOU'VE GOT MALE - Max begins to fall over the new coffeeshop owner in town (played by Max Greenfield), which interferes with a protest he decided to start over chains moving into his neighborhood and driving out local shops. Alex, in her quest to help all of her friends get true love after what happened with her and Dave, helps him play both sides. There's a side plot involving Dave's old teacher from high school, but by this point, Dave's storylines had become the least exciting part of the series to me. Jane and Brad decide to have a friendly competition to see who is more likely to get hired between the two of them.

happy endings celebrity photoset challenge GIF

1x11. THE GIRL WITH THE DAVE TATTOO - Dave & Alex decide to have their couples tattoos removed. Brad & Penny, meanwhile, accidentally get their waiter fired after Brad complains their entire order is messed up because of their waiter's lack of writing orders down. This backfires tremendously, as he inevitably loses his girlfriend, apartment and friends because of his steadfast refusal to write anything down. Elsewhere, after Max stands up a guy, Jane tries to convince him he's making a mistake. Max discovers he and the guy actually would have a lot in common, but the guy shoots Max down by scolding his behaviour.

1x12. LIKE FATHER, LIKE GUN - Brad's father (played by his real life father Damon Wayans) is back in town following a surgery, and Jane makes it her mission to show the two of them why they need to be more affectionate with one another. Max & Dave have a NERF Gun fight in their apartment, and quickly set their target on their their sleazy neighbour across the street. Moreover, Penny & Alex fall for two attractive Italian men at the bar, and Penny discovers she can only communicate in Italian with them when she's drunk.

1x13. THE SHERSHOW REDEMPTION - The finale of the season, this focuses on a childhood friend of theirs (that we've never heard of beforehand, and never see again) getting married. This sets off various reactions in the group, as none of them ever saw him being the type to marry. Alex learns that the bride-to-be doesn't want her at the wedding because she's seen as a wedding jinx.

And two videos for the icon herself:

Part 2, which covers season 2, will be coming up later on today ❤️

• Like 1

You out here with a 3-part tribute post dissecting every episode of Happy Endings? :omg::dead: Omggg wow tat is a lot of work but amazing write-up, Elliott! :omg: I never watched Happy Endings, but oooo i see Damon Wayans Jr is in it and I like him, soo I feel like I would like this show and to give it a chance to watch. 😮 

I finally finished. :wub: :blushingwave:

On 2/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, miss denise said:

Riverdale

rw7KpUT.jpg?1

Riverdale is one of my very favorite shows currently on TV and one of my very top favorites in this game. I protected it as much as I could, but knew it had no chance of surviving this round, which is why I requested to take over the cut, so I could give it this very in-depth write-up that I've been working on ever since. This is going to be huge, but I am mostly doing it for myself, and don't expect people to want to read all of this. Sadly, two of my immunity choices were nominated at the same time, which is really difficult to see and handle. But I would rather take on this write-up as a fan, rather than do a tribute post later on. It's also tough enough to lose one of your favorite shows without it being trashed by someone else. :( 

f365397b1a3bc6dc4fbf7db6ea75310b.gif

I'm leaving in this gif and my original comments from the night of this cut. :broken: -> I have a lot of feelings right now, so I need to channel Cheryl to get it out. You all made me miss the end of tonight's episode of this very show in order to cut it myself. That's not manners. 😢   

1ad87d62067b397f5ae97f5f482fb0975fb66113

Riverdale is a drama that premiered in 2017 on The CW and is based on the characters of Archie Comics. It was originally going to be a movie from Warner Bros. before the idea shifted to a television series. It was also originally set to air on FOX. It moved to The CW in 2015, when the pilot episode was ordered. The show premiered to positive reviews, is currently in its fourth season, and has been renewed for a fifth.  

42pnoII.jpg

Riverdale is named after the town in which the show is set. The show follows Archie (of Archie Comics, of course) and his friends and family, as they deal with living in such a troubled town. And boy, is it ever.  Riverdale wants to give Rosewood a run for its money as a town you want to get out of asap.  My parents actually grew up with Archie Comics and got into watching the show because of my love for it. :giggle: Actually, my mom would watch it on her own and I think my dad was just there. :dead: But they would comment on how it's SO different and I'm sure of it... the show is very dark. It is only based on those characters, after all.  But I am here for teen drama and darkness, including black hooded figures that go bump in the night. :wub: Oh and how ironic because in my write-up this morning (of the cut), I referred to some shows I love with masked murderers haunting teenagers... which was about the two shows I'm cutting and saving.  That also reminds me that three of my top favorite shows were all nominated in the same day, so why do you hate me?

Well anyway, let's talk about the main characters of the show who I love so much.

Image result for archie andrews gif

Archie Andrews

(played by KJ Apa)

Archie is the all-American boy, who it would seem like has it all. He's an athlete, aspiring musician, and popular with the girls. He originally was captain of the football team, but gave up that status to his friend, Reggie, as he felt more of a connection to his music. Archie plays guitar, sings, and writes songs. He's honestly a dream. :wub: For most of the series, he lives alone with his dad, Fred, and their dog, Vegas, as his parents are separated.

tumblr_plhu6o7he41w6tlvpo1_540.gif

:wub: 

Of course, that situation has changed due to real-life circumstances that I will mention a little later on. :(  But he also helps his dad out at Andrews Construction, like the good son and hard-worker he is.  Archie is a very kind-hearted and loyal guy, who will do anything for those he loves. He is very emotional, and can also get quite aggressive. He has definitely had his share of physical altercations on this show, and in season 3 is when he decides to take up fighting as an actual hobby.

Archie grew up with his best friends, Jughead and Betty, since they were little kids. It's weird for me to remember that at the start of the season, Archie and Jughead had a bit of a strained relationship.  That gets resolved soon enough, and for the majority of the series, their bromance is as strong as ever. They are truly like brothers. ❤️ Even though Betty had a crush on Archie at the start of the show, he doesn't feel the same about her. I can touch a bit more on the relationships he's had throughout the series in my seasons overview, but the main one is him and Veronica.  I know the comics present much more of a love triangle between Archie, Betty, and Veronica, but it hasn't really been a huge thing in the show, although there have been glimpses of it.  

Archie is my favorite character on the show, which shouldn't be a surprise, since I'm a huge fan of KJ. ❤️ And probably wouldn't be a surprise anyway, since Archie is the type of guy I typically gravitate toward. He's charming, athletic, musical, loyal... he's literally my dream come true. :dead:  And Archie's signature red hair is gorgeous on KJ. 

Ez4e0NJ.gif

Betty Cooper

(played by Lili Reinhart)

On paper, Betty is like the girl next door; somewhat literally, as her and Archie are neighbors.  She is super smart and loyal to her friends and family, despite some of the crazy drama that takes place with them. As I mentioned, her and Archie grew up as best friends, and as children said they would get married when they were adults. Aww such puppy love. Of course, when the series picks up, they are in high school, and while Betty has feelings for Archie, he does not return them. Their friendship is strained for a little while, but Betty does eventually move on, as she falls in love with Jughead, who is really the only guy she's dated on the show. ❤️ Barchie fans never give up though, and still to this day are pulling for them to be together, despite them never actually being a couple (although there are some interesting developments regarding this in the current season). I personally would ship it over Varchie, but not necessarily over Bughead, as I adore them.  We should just have Darchie, honestly. My youthful genes can let me pass for a high schooler at least another 10 years. :giggle: 

Anyway, Betty has a ~dark side~ to her, which is often explored and brought up in the show. She believes she has inherited this darkness, and at times it becomes way too overbearing to the extent where she could have possibly hurt people. This is particularly brought to light in the later part of season 3, and even more in season 4. I won't say why. But she is often at the center of the mysteries, as she (and Jughead) are the true detectives of the group. 

Betty is the character I connect with the most on an emotional level. Her personality and storylines are the most interesting to me, and she is my favorite girl on the show, which I don't see ever changing.  Betty is also known for her iconic ponytail. :wub: (I am not). I did want to go as Betty for Halloween the other year in group costumes of the core four. :giggle: It didn't work out, but maybe one day.

akKD1fs.gif

Jughead Jones

(played by Cole Sprouse)

Jughead is the narrator of the show. He is very smart, an aspiring writer, and one day we will all discover the entire show was just his story. :dead: Or not. I would be livid. But he comes from a tough upbringing, with an absent and drug-dealing mother, and his gang leader dad's struggles with alcohol. He's seen as a bit of an outcast, and was homeless for a period of time, before finding more of a footing among his friends and the community. Jughead actually becomes the new leader of said gang, the Southside Serpents, whose mission is to protect one another and their town, rather than cause trouble.  This is pivotal because he is originally so against that group and his father''s involvement with them. He learns that the Serpents are a family that protect their own, and his involvement with the group introduces us to more characters, mostly with silly names like Sweet Pea, which had me crying when I first heard them talking to him. :giggle:  I thought they were being condescending and then learned it was his actual name. :dead:  Anyway, the most notable Serpent we meet is Toni, who gains a bigger role as the show goes on and her and Cheryl form a relationship. But anyway, Jughead's relationship with his dad changes and evolves into a beautiful one that I love. ❤️  I'll mention that a bit more later on, but it's nice to see families come together and grow.  

As mentioned, Jughead and Betty are an item, and she is really the only love interest of Jughead's throughout the series. I love their relationship so much. I also love his friendship with Archie. ❤️  

tumblr_piybjhn0MQ1w6tlvpo2_540.gifv 

:wub: 

I have a soft spot for Archie, but I love Jughead too. He is super interesting to me and the show wouldn't be the same without him. So they need to stop pretending to kill him, because they've done it multiple times now and nobody ever believes it. They did it with Archie too, which nobody bought either. As if. It's literally Archie Comics. And I would sue.

ExK7Cjc.gif

Veronica Lodge

(played by Camila Mendes)

Veronica is the new girl at the start of the series. She is considered a "daddy's girl" and comes from New York, where she lived a privileged lifestyle. While she lives off her parents's fiances, she actually has super rocky relationships with them, and hates her family's mafia-like business.  She's very outspoken, confident, and can be manipulative, but she's always there and will fight to the death for her friends. She's a cheerleader at Riverdale High, as well as a new member (as a singer) of the girl group, Josie and the Pussycats (which turns into Veronica and the Pussycats, lol). In more recent seasons, she becomes owner of a speakeasy and runs an illegal rum business, which is definitely unrealistic for her a girl of her age, but Miss Lodge does as she pleases, and for that I will stan.

Veronica and Archie are one of the show's power couples. I don't personally love them together for reasons I'll keep to myself, although I still like them. I did prefer them in their other short-term relationships though (that we knew wouldn't last, of course). But Varchie and Bughead (and Choni) are the main couples that Riverdale thrives on, so it's hard to imagine they won't all stay together through the end. Barchie is apparently on the rise though, so we shall see. I personally can't see anything permanently changing, but there are likely to be more "detours" in the core relationships as the show goes on, because that's what happens on shows to keeps things interesting. Even if we have literally perfect couples that do not need to start dating each other's best friend and high school boyfriend after a time jump.  I'M LOOKING AT YOU SPALEB.

I love how strong Veronica is, and how she will always stand up for what she wants and believes in. She is a fierce female character for sure, and I wish I could be more like he. Veronica and Betty's friendship is one of my favorites. B and V. ❤️  And even though I'm not a huge Varchie shipper, I have to appreciate that she is always there for my boy. 

~~~

Archie, Betty, Jughead, and Veronica make up what the fans refer to as the core four of the show.  The storylines tend to revolve around them, or a combination of them, their families, and friends. Also, one of the iconic Riverdale spots is Pop's Diner (technically Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe, which says nobody), where you can often find them drinking milkshakes and discussing all the horrific things going on in town. :wub: 

CrfhEor.gif WieGHNm.gif qdkBBxI.gif FxSUa2B.gif

Of course, there is a large ensemble of cast members, so I will mention some more of them and their characters, with their relations to the core four: 

- Fred Andrews (Archie's dad, played by Luke Perry)

- Mary Andrews (Archie's mom, played by Molly Ringwald)

- Hermione Lodge (Veronica's mom, played by Marisol Nichols)

- Hiram Lodge (Veronica's dad, played by Mark Consuelos)

- FP Jones (Jughead's dad, played by Skeet Ulrich)

Alice Cooper (Betty's mom, played by Madchen Amick)

- Hal Cooper (Betty's dad, played by Lochlyn Munro)

- Penelope Blossom (Cheryl's mom, played by Nathalie Boltt)

- Cheryl Blossom (friend and classmate, played by Madelaine Petsch)

- Kevin Keller (friend and classmate, played by Casey Cott)

- Reggie Mantle (friend and classmate, played by Charles Melton [previously played by Ross Butler])

- Toni Topaz (friend and classmate, played by Vanessa Morgan)

- Josie McCoy (friend and classmate, played by Ashleigh Murray)

- Joaquin DeSantos (friend and Serpent, played by Rob Raco)

- Fangs Fogarty (friend and Serpent, played by Drew Ray Tanner)

- Moose Mason (friend and classmate, played by Cody Kerseley)

- Chic (Betty's supposed half-brother, played by Hart Denton)

... and sooo many more. 

A fun fact is that a lot of the parent actors are known for being teen stars themselves, including Luke Perry from Beverly Hills, 90210, Molly Ringwald from Sixteen Candles, Skeet Ulrich from Scream, and Madchen Amick from Twin Peaks, to name a few examples. I'll talk a little about some of the above characters. 

- Fred is easily my favorite parent, even though the others may be more "interesting", with all their scheming. Fred is a super kind-hearted guy,  and can be seen as the moral compass of the show.  I adore him and Archie's relationship.  They are pretty much all they have, as Archie is his only child, and his mother/Fred's wife lives elsewhere (until Season 4 and unfortunate circumstances, which again I'll address later on). 

- Hiram is evil. He runs a criminal organization where he'll go to all ends to get what he wants, including torturing, intimidating, and even killing. Nobody trusts him, and his dynamic with Veronica is one of my favorite (non-chummy) child/parent relationships. It's like a cat and mouse game with those two.

- FP is super interesting, as he starts out as Jughead's estranged father, but turns his life around, starting to make a living for him and his son, and even becomes a trusted member of law enforcement as the new town Sheriff.  The Serpents, now led by Jughead, actually team up with him. 

- Alice is kind of a crazy and interesting character as well. She seems to lose her mind in season 3, which was all the more entertaining, but she actually had ulterior sleuth motives, which is even MORE interesting. Betty has a tough relationship with her mother, but it's another one of my favorite child/parent dynamics on the show.

- Kevin is one of my favorites of the core four's peers. His dad is the former sheriff, and he and Betty are especially close friends. He's a fun and nice guy.

- Cheryl is manipulative and self-centered, but definitely brings some drama and laughs. She goes through a lot with her family on the show, especially her obsession with her brother, Jason, which I'll get to more later on. But Cheryl comes to accept herself and love herself, as she falls into a relationship with Toni.  She is a cheerleader and thrives on being in control. There's also the fun little fact that Cheryl is related to Betty, as we discover they are third cousins.

~~~

As mentioned, Riverdale is currently in its fourth season.  Each season has a bit of its own arc and storyline to it, so I want to go over those a little bit.  I mean, there are still TONS of stories and sub-plots, but I will talk about what the main storyline was from my standout, as well as mention some others. 

Image result for riverdale season 1 gif

SEASON 1

I do think season one had the most straight forward storyline, and possibly my favorite one. This is the mystery that drew me into the show right away, and it was the mystery of the death of Cheryl Blossom's twin brother, Jason (not a spoiler, it was advertised in the series trailer).  He went missing on the fourth of July, and was later found in Sweetwater River at the start of the school year.  The big mystery is what exactly happened to Jason.  It is initially believed he fell out of a boat, but he actually died from gunshot wounds a week later. Cheryl is distraught, as expected, and she stirs up trouble while grieving the loss of her twin  :(  Betty tends to assume the role of lead detective of the group, and seeks Jughead's help in trying to unravel the mystery of Jason's death.  Suspects emerges across the season, most noticeably with Jughead's estranged father, FP Jones.  He pleads guilty and confesses to making a deal with Jason to sell drugs in exchange for money and a get-away car.... but is that true? I'm not going to say. :kissbye: 

We also learn at some point during the season that Polly, Betty's older sister, had a secret relationship with Jason... not only that, but she's pregnant with twins.  There are other side plots, including Archie striving to pursue his musical aspirations (and his relationship with music teacher Miss Grundy),  then Archie's new relationship with Valerie (one of the girls in Josie and the Pussycats), some of the parents romantic relationships, and Veronica moving into town and finding her place in the group.

One of my favorite random moments of the season was when Archie escorted Cheryl to the Blossom's official maple syrup tree tapping ceremony. :haha: 

latest?cb=20170529220007

I don't know what it is. I love maple syrup, but I also think the scenes were so aesthetically pleasing with the winter air and their red hair. Hey, I rhymed. :giggle: There were lots of red coats too. I really enjoy the dynamic between these two, because not a lot of the others like Cheryl (especially early on), but Archie has always been nice to her. Cheryl would normally attend this event with Jason too, so it's nice she still had someone by her side.

The season concludes with the answer to who killed Jason. Is FP innocent? And if so, why did he take the blame? I won't spoil it here, but it is honestly heartbreaking and the events that follow the reveal are also disturbing.  There is another memorable moment that I can talk about where Cheryl attempts to reunite herself with her brother in Sweetwater River. Archie and friends are on a rescue mission to save an unstable Cheryl, as they find her there banging on the ice, before falling in. Cheryl hallucinates that she is seeing Jason underneath the water. :( Archie punches the ice to break it, frees Cheryl, and performs CPR on her. 😢  He severely injures his hand in the process. A true hero. ❤️   

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

archie-cheryl.gif?w=1180&h=222&crop=1

And what would mark the beginning of everything going wrong for dear Archie, the season ends with a cliffhanger of a masked figure shooting Archie's dad, Fred, at Pop's Diner. UGH.

tumblr_ouut8fHZON1v4v6nso9_r1_500.gifv

SEASON 2

Season two is kicked off in high gear thanks (but no thanks) to the shooting of Fred Andrews. We have an all new mystery about the reasons behind this event, namely... who is behind that mask?  

Thankfully, Fred ends up okay, but Archie will go to any means to find out who the shooter is and take revenge on him.  He will go to such lengths to seek justice for his loved ones that he risks putting himself in danger.  He forms a group called the Red Circle, in a crazy act of vengeance to try to bring the criminal down. They try to take the law into their own hands, which only makes things worse .The shooter ends up being referred to as the Black Hood, and whenever we see him, he is in fact wearing that black hood. This show got comparisons to Pretty Little Liars early on from the first season, but this particular storyline really went there for me. :haha: Black Hood takes his creepiness to the next level when he starts to contact Betty, as in calling on her on the phone. OMG I will never recover from the "lollipop lollipop" ringtone that would come on whenever he would call her. 

IT IS SO SCARY NOW. :dead: I am forever scarred by this song. Goodbye song. See you only in my nightmares.

Betty and Archie team up for the adventures to unravel the Black Hood mystery, and this is where the Barchie kiss happens.  Betty surprisingly kisses Archie in a moment of vulnerability, which is not the first time a girl planted one on him out of nowhere. :dead: Literally every girl on this show gets that chance.  Seriously, where is my casting call? Where is Darchie? But it's kind of funny because Veronica and Jughead decide that they should get to kiss for no other reason than to make things even, so they do. :lmao:

The storyline of Chic, who Betty believes is her long-lost half-brother, Charles (WOW, that also sounds familiar :giggle:If you know, you know)  is the storyline that stands out to me the most from the season aside from the Black Hood.  This guy is supposedly the lovechild of Alice and FP (making him both Betty and Jughead's half-brother), who grew up in foster care. The Coopers allow him into their home, only to discover he is an imposter. A murder takes place in their home because of him, which has mother and daughter off trying to dispose of the body. NOT GOOD. And no, Chic was not murdered, at least not then. Betty does end up sending him off to the Black Hood, so who knows what came of him? Well I do, but am not going to say. :kissbye:

Another memorable episode of the season is when the core four visit the Lodge Lodge ( :giggle: ), a cabin owned by Veronica's family.  Of course it can't be all fun and games, and there is a break-in from a group of mini black hoods (a group of guys wearing them).  Archie chases one of them outside, where he finds a minion of Hiram's who tells Archie to leave.  He does... and hears a gunshot on the way back to the cabin.  This will come into play in a minute. But first... 

Season two marks the introduction of Veronica's father, Hiram Lodge, who returns to Riverdale, following his prison release.  I would describe Hiram as manipulative and untrustworthy. He takes a disliking to Archie, as he is dating his daughter, and also accuses Fred of sleeping with his wife. He assumed Archie was't good enough for Veronica, and so the feud begins (or escalates) from there. Archie wants to get in good with Hiram and get him on his side, which leads Hiram to manipulate him and use him for his evil bidding. :yawn: He would have him do errands for him and gather information like the schemer he is. There is a confrontation where Archie accuses Hiram of manipulating him.  This all comes to a head in the season finale when Archie is about to be inaugurated as school president, but instead is framed and wrongly accused of that guy's murder. 🙂  We all know who is behind this and that is HIRAM. (!)  #PoorArchie 

On a lighter note, we got the first musical episode of the series, where the characters put on Carrie the Musical at school. These episodes are fun and provide some lightheartedness away from all the drama. Some of the characters are musical, as we know, so it works out well.  My favorite song from this one.... 

The Jarchie moment (1:04). :wub: :giggle:

Back to the dark side - of course, the Black Hood is revealed at the end of the season and... I'm not going to spoil that either. But that reveal also terrified me in a similar way to the season one mystery. That is what I will say... you can't trust anyone. And also LOLLIPOPS ARE SCARY.

Some other random plots from this season include Jughead temporarily enrolling at Southside High, where we get to meet more of the kids that make up the Serpents gang. There is also an election storyline regarding the parents.

Reflecting back on this season, I'm actually not sure if I prefer the overall storyline of season one or two. I really enjoyed both, as well as the sub-storylines, of which season two had more memorable and significant ones for me, I think.  I actually wrote a piece on this season for a potential television critic job I was after a couple years ago, which was fun times. :wub:

tumblr_prkqef9Kzt1u2joqgo2_540.gifv

SEASON 3

Following the events of season 2, Archie ends up in a juvenile detention center, which is so wrong and unfair. The jury in his trial was actually deadlocked, but Archie took a plea deal to do two years of time in juvenile detention, as he doesn't want to put all his family and friends through another trial. :( Ugh. CURSE YOU HIRAM. However, this storyline was my favorite of the season and I loved it. I mean, the other main plots of this particular season were my least favorite out of all the seasons, so it was an easy choice, but I still loved this regardless and how it focuses so much on Archie himself, outside of relationships with anyone else.  Plus, he met his new friend, Mad Dog, and I love that bromance. :wub: Archie attempts to get in with the Southside Serpents of the group, and even got an honorary tattoo from FP. 

BqBs5uD.gif

Um. Holy heck. That tattoo really didn't do any good though, as it's revealed that Archie is not a real serpent (duh ❤️  )  Archie gets beat up and hurt while in this place, which is NOT OK. Ugh, the Warden seems to have it out for him, and Archie gets locked up in solidarity confinement too. He is also forced to participate in this fight club, where they are treated so badly. Thankfully, a plan is in motion for Archie to break out, with a little help from his friends. :wub:

tumblr_pi85z3kteF1qh1cr6o1_250.gifv tumblr_pi85z3kteF1qh1cr6o2_250.gifv

Jughead to the rescue. :wub:  

Love this scene, especially when Betty sees him for the first time following his escape. :wub:

latest?cb=20190415011841

ADORABLE.  :wub: And Archie, wow. :omg: Um. Archie is super banged up and hides out for a little while in an underground bunker, with his friends visiting him and helping care for him.  Archie decides it's best for him to get out of town though, despite his name being cleared and him being free to roam Riverdale again. He doesn't feel safe with Hiram still around, and he wouldn't be able to escape him while with Veronica.   There's a really emotional phone call between them as Archie tells her he's leaving and Jughead helps him get out of town. Of course, nothing and nowhere is safe for Archie, as even while he's out on his own, he runs into a random farm girl who is hired by Hiram to apparently shave his face, sit on his lap, and make out with him before knocking him out. Um. 🙂  I think that was my casting call and this girl stole it. I would have changed the storyline by refusing the last part though. :giggle:  Free Archie! Anyway, we do get to meet Jughead's mom and sister, which is fun, and his little sister, Jellybean, also takes a liking to Archie. :giggle: But Archie has to officially get out on his own now, although not before another emotional goodbye between him and his daddy. 😢   Archie lives out on his own (actually with Vegas!) in the woods for awhile, where he gets attacked by a bear and has crazy hallucinations because Archie Andrews just can't have a calm and peaceful life. 😢  Say it with me... #POORARCHIE Park rangers find him and he ends up returning home, thank goodness. I loved all the solo and intense Archie scenes going on in the first half to this season, but it is good for him to be home safe.

Archie takes up boxing to channel his anger, but not before confronting an unconscious Hiram in the hospital with a desire to kill him.  He actually ends up saving his life, when a masker intruder enters the room with a gun. Soo scary. Anyway,  Archie has a bit of a lighter storyline following this regarding his love life. Veronica and Archie's friend, Reggie, got together while he was gone (and the actors were actually dating in real life) and this Veggie ship was quite popular. :giggle: I would prefer it, but of course it wasn't meant to last.  When Archie did return to Riverdale, he started dating Josie, which seemed random, but I actually thought they were really cute and preferred them together. Of course THAT wasn't meant to last either, as we all knew Josie would be packing up and shipping out soon to New York to be a full-time character on the new show, Katy Keene. RUDE. (!)  

But my favorite moment of theirs... :wub:

tumblr_potyjhf1CO1qd49gbo1_500.gifv

I already said so much and haven't even gotten to the main mystery plot of the season. :dead: Okay, so the mystery of the season relates to a Gryphons and Gargoyles (G&G) role-playing game the parents played when they were kids that is damaging and leads to extreme delusion, paranoia, and violence for those involved. The game reemerges in present day Riverdale, which causes for a lot of chaos and confusion this season.  I will admit this storyline was a bit out there and definitely not my favorite (in fact, my least favorite major plot of the series).  It results in people randomly having seizures in school and people even dying, which is... not a good look. There is the Gargoyle King, who the people who get caught up in this game feel they must obey... like their master that they are delusioned to follow. Ugh, he was so creepy and weird.

This particular storyline did, however, lead to one of my actual favorite episodes, which featured a flashback story of the parents. The younger actors portray their parents characters when they were their age, which I loved. It was so fun to see them take on those roles that are so different from their own characters.

EF5bQya.gif6OiXNIj.gif

n2bKUvV.gifxM4cNED.gif

This revealed the origins of the G&G game, as the group of kids (known as The Midnight Club) played it and became obsessed.  The G&G storyline came to a head in the season 3 finale where the core four have to play this ~game~ of tasks in the woods at a night, which also gave me serious PLL vibes.They have to survive the night and complete each task, including one where they all become poisoned and have to find the antidote at the end of the game. The tasks get scarier as they go on, including Betty having to face the Black Hood again. Of course they all make it out, or the show couldn't go on, but not without a fight and a serious race for their lives at the end.

The G&G obsession also has some ties in with the other strange storyline of the season involving "The Farm.", which Betty blamed for bringing that toxic game back into Riverdale. LOL everyone on Twitter, and probably everywhere, hates The Farm and the comments crack me up. Basically its this group of people, like a cult (even though they say otherwise), lead by Edgar Evernever. Edgar is played by Chad Michael Murray, which was a fun surprise and I loved having him on Riverdale for awhile. :haha:

tumblr_pp2636KpVD1qjz9w2o1_r2_400.gifv tumblr_pp2636KpVD1qjz9w2o2_r2_400.gifv

Anyway, The Farm is supposed to be this safe place for people who feel lost. Edgar takes advantage of them, and really they are creepy and do creepy things. People get too lost in this obsession with it when they become followers, just like with G&G.  Betty tries to join as a scheme for information when her mom and sister go down the rabbit hole of believing The Farm is amazing and are willing to practically kill themselves to be "baptized". Other characters like Cheryl, Toni, and Kevin get pulled in too, which is just scary... they get so brainwashed.  Anyway, I don't even want to really keep talking about this storyline, but there is a shocking twist (at least to me) that is revealed regarding the identity of Evelyn Evernever, who was one of The Farm's leading members and recruited people to join. Ugh, she's the worst. There is also a plot twist regarding Alice's involvement with The Farm, which I also won't reveal, but that led us to the discovery of Betty (and Jughead's) ACTUAL half brother, Charles.  This whole thing ends well with the characters being freed from the cult. No more Farm... we hope. #ByeFarm

Back to lighter and random things - we also got another musical episode, featuring the music from Heathers: The Musical. My favorite songs from that: 

Fun fact that Cole got through his time on Disney Channel without having to pursue a music career, yet they force him to sing on Riverdale. :giggle: Not even on the first musical episode either. They gave him false hope for a year that he could get by. Sorry Cole. Your voice's time to shine has arrived. :giggle:  

This season also brought us a cameo from Kelly Ripa, which was fun, given that she's married to Mark Consuelos (Hiram) in real life, and her character has a connection with his.  Then of course, the season ended with a huge cliffhanger, which was a flash forward scene that set up the plot of season 4. It features Veronica, Betty, and Archie standing around a fire in their underwear while holding Jughead's beanie. Excuse? See below. 

EiLuMXM.gif

SEASON 4

Season 4 began with the most important episode of them all, which was the tribute to Luke Perry, and the heartfelt goodbye episode for his character, and Archie's dad, Fred. :(  As we know, Luke tragically passed away near the end of season 3's filming.  Fred was meant to be in all the rest of that season's episodes, and a few that did include him aired following his death, which were very hard and sad to see. For the ones not yet filmed, the script was changed and he was said to be out of town. They chose to address his character's status in the premiere of season 4. There was no easy way to go about this at all, but I do appreciate the timing. They waited to finish out the current storyline, and crafted a whole premiere episode dedicated him, rather than throwing something in at the last second.  I was hoping they wouldn't actually kill the character of Fred, but there wasn't a super realistic way to have him exit Riverdale without Archie, and any mentions of him on the phone or whatnot would be pretty painful anyway. :( So, I do believe they made the right (but no doubt difficult) choice, and Fred went out as a hero, as he lost his life helping a woman in need on the side of the road, and pushing her out of the way when a car came at them. It was a hit-and-run. By no coincidence, the role of that lady was played by Shannen Doherty, who starred with Luke on Beverly Hills, 90210

There is a scene where Archie and friends share memories of Fred and ugh... everything about this and the whole episode was so much more emotional knowing that it is real life too. The cast adored Luke. :(

Ugh, so sad. I know how much these young actors looked up to Luke as a father figure on set, and specifically know how close him and KJ were as well, which just breaks my heart. 😢 

So, Archie ends up traveling out of town, along with Jughead, Betty, and Veronica, to pick up his dad's truck and bring him home. :( They meet the lady whose life Fred saved, and she tells them how he was the only person to stop and help her, and he talked about Archie the whole time, saying how he was so blessed to have him for a son. 😢  She asks the four of them if they will join her in a prayer for Fred, which was so... ugh, my heart. I have no idea how the actors held it together, knowing how real the emotions were... 

Archie, being Archie, tracks down the guy responsible for the car accident, who is out on bail. He goes to his house, understandably full of anger, and demands to know how he could have hit his father and left him. It is then that the man's son shows up and reveals that it was actually him who hit Fred, and his dad was covering for him. This is extra emotional, as Archie witnesses the father/son relationship and knows that his dad would have done the same for him. 😢   

The group is met up by FP on their way home, so Fred gets a police escort all the way home, and are met back in Riverdale with everyone waving flags and honoring Fred. 😢  UGH.  The funeral is held, where Josie is back to sing, and Archie gives a speech, honoring Fred as the greatest man he's ever known.  Fred will always be a part of Riverdale, as will Luke, and that's the truth. Jughead writes a moving obituary for Fred, stating that he always saw the good in everyone and left Riverdale better than when he found it.  

They all light fireworks at the end of the episode, which was really beautiful, and where one of my favorite pictures (that I had as my sig for awhile) came from. 

riverdale-season-4-premiere-700x380.jpg

Then there was this beautiful ending scene of Archie in the garage, remembering the times him and his dad spent in there together.  Gosh. 😢  

I wrote a lot about this particular episode, but it was worth it. It's one of the best episodes of the series, if not the best, for so many reasons. It's a shame some previous fans of the show may have missed out on this, if they stopped watching, but maybe they can check this episode out, at least. :( It is so moving and beautifully done. May Luke rest in peace. ❤️ 

Episode 2 of the season picks up two months following Fred's passing, where school is about to start again and it's senior year for the kids. The big mystery of the season is still unfolding, and I don't even want to say what it's about, because it's too spoiler-ish. :giggle: Or is it? I have my theories, which I will keep to myself for now. Let's just say there is a possible death being investigated and this was set up with a flash forward scene at the end of season 3 that had everyone confused and shook for months. That very scene came into last week's episode (from the week I started writing this) and can be seen in the gif I used above to start this season 4 section.  :muwahaha:

I don't want to say as much about this season since it's still on and I'm still processing things, but I'll mention a few other plots. 

The loss of Fred brings Archie's mom back into the picture, which I'm glad about, because he needs a parental figure. Although, she wants him to go back with her to Chicago, he refuses to give up on his hometown, and she ends up staying with him. It also brings his Uncle Frank into town, who has a troubled history, but Archie is willing to give him a chance.  Of course more trouble happens as an old "friend" of Frank's shows up and tries to assault both him and Archie. Frank ends up leaving town, but it was nice while it lasted. 

Things are otherwise starting to be more ~normal~ for Archie, after the crazy whirlwind he went through. He's back at school, playing football, and even got his new buddy Mad Dog, or Munroe as he now goes by, at Riverdale High with him. They are working on a project at the community center to teach kids boxing in the gym and provide at-risk youth with a safe place to go. Unfortunately, a lot of violence and stealing still takes place, as well as unwarranted complaints about the center, which makes Archie's good deed so much harder for him to accomplish. 😢  Poor boy missed so much school that he is struggling to graduate, and he also hasn't even bothered to apply to college. But he's putting in good work for the community, to nobody's surprise. Him and Munroe even host Thanksgiving at the community center. :wub: Of course, there are always risks and Archie ends up getting hurt and involved in crime while trying to carry on his father's legacy. #PoorArchie never gets a break.

One turn of events this season is Jughead's offer to attend Stonewall Prep, which is a private boarding school for talented writers, and also a place that his grandfather previously attended. It's not an easy decision to leave Riverdale, but Betty convinces him to attend, and they all see each other often. A lot of drama takes place between Jughead and his new classmates at Stonewall, as well as rivalry. 

Cheryl really struggles with Jason's death in this season, after believing she could communicate with his spirit at The Farm. It's quite a scary and unhealthy obsession she has as she hides his body in the basement. Toni is able to help her bury Jason again.... which also doesn't work and only brings up more scary things, but eventually Cheryl is able to let go and they set Jason free.

Some other things going on this season, include Veronica dealing with her father's new sickness, as well as a half-sister she never knew she had, and more teamwork between Betty and her real half-brother, Charles. We will also be getting a new musical episode this season in April with music from Hedwig and the Angry Inch, so I am ready. :wub:

~~~ 

There are SO many more things that I could say regarding storylines from the seasons, as well as characters I barely touched on, but this is already huge, and I highlighted what stands out most to me.  I enjoy the mysterious storylines throughout the series and seeing what will happen next. The strength of the relationships between the characters is the foundation of it though. And since the kids are set to graduate high school soon, I do wonder if they will do a time jump for the next season, like so many other shows have done. I kind of hope not, and haven't heard anything about it, so we'll see.

I have pretty much been obsessed with Riverdale since I first started watching it. I got drawn in to the mystery of it, really got invested into the characters and their lives, and also came to love the cast. I adore them all as people and love their fun and loving relationships with each other. So, I will always watch and love the show, whether the storyline is my favorite or not, for those reasons.

I grew up watching Cole on Disney Channel, of course, specifically from The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and The Suite Life on Deck, at least one of which definitely deserved better in this rankdown. London Tipton is not impressed. He also had a role on Friends back in the day, which is super cute and funny to remember. His role as Jughead, I think, is what really made him known as his own person in the acting world, away from his twin brother, Dylan.  It's so different from anything I had seen him in prior, but he plays the character so well. So, I knew Cole prior to Riverdale, but mostly everyone else I've gotten to know through this show.

As I mentioned, I'm a huge fan and stan of KJ's, which Wally would want me to talk about, if all my comments throughout this write-up didn't already show. :dead:  I think it speaks for itself, but I adore him and he's one of my favorite people in the world. :wub: 

b7559282d8ededefc8a3be5be7f784991069ffa4

2eb053757e0585d60fab7a7064318788a4e2adc4

asldfkjd 

He's so adorable, sweet, talented, and hilarious. He's always posting such silly and goofy things on Instagram. I know he is a big prankster on the set and I have seen some of those hilarious pranks, including his favorite of always pretending to take selfies with everyone when it's on video, and this one time where he kept pretending to spill drinks. :dead:  I cried. Anyway, besides Riverdale, I have watched the movies he's starred in as well. His first one was based on pretty much my favorite book ever (A Dog's Purpose), so that was a great way to start. ❤️ I'm ready for the next one which comes out THIS FRIDAY and I've also had in my sig for awhile now :wub:  HERE IS MY PROMO FOR I STILL BELIEVE. GO SEE IT. IT'S AN INSPIRATIONAL TRUE STORY ABOUT LOVE, LOSS, AND CONTINUED FAITH IN GOD AND WILL MAKE YOU CRY.  Plus, he co-stars with Britt Robertson, who he worked with on A Dog's Purpose, and she's one of my favorite actresses, so I am living for it. ALSO.... I always love when someone does a fake American accent and leaves people shook when they talk in real life. KJ's got the best New Zealand accent, but does the American one as Archie so well.  :wub: I love both his voices. Wow.

~~~

tumblr_p0vulvkoFR1w6ot2so2_500.gifv

282f0ad0d5f08656da977d35f22c45b36c3df266

tumblr_p3q1vnchJp1wsifhbo7_500.gifv

k7MPxrE.jpg?1

lQXJrAE.jpg

CVsWiRp.jpg

love this cast and love their friendships outside of the show, especially KJ and Cole's, since they are so hilarious together. They're always posting sarcastic and silly comments to each other on social media. :giggle:       

:dead::wub:

I NEVER GET TIRED OF WATCHING THESE.

KJ and Charles (Reggie) also have a thriving bromance that I adore. They post together all the time on Instagram.

tumblr_ot9udddXIY1v4v6nso4_250.gifv  tumblr_ot9udddXIY1v4v6nso3_250.gifv

tumblr_ozpbbrbvA01w8j4xbo2_400.gifv tumblr_ozpbbrbvA01w8j4xbo7_400.gifv

NoyUePH.gif

From KJ's movie premiere the other night. :giggle:❤️ 

Love Lili and Cole together too, as they've been an actual couple for quite awhile.  They are so funny and adorable, and I love everything about them together.  ❤️   Cole is also a photographer and Lili is his muse and model, so he takes a lot of beautiful shots of hers (including one that KJ and Casey mocked, which was epic :giggle: )

tumblr_inline_pbzkljUUEZ1qipl5r_400.gifv

tumblr_opj8d9kJPB1rc2s1ao3_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_po3lwv56kk1x6k8wbo1_250.gifv

Also love the real-life Cami and Lili friendship. 

tumblr_ouxzxuLxsQ1ta0vvmo8_r1_400.gifv

tumblr_ouxzxuLxsQ1ta0vvmo3_r1_400.gifv

tumblr_ouxzxuLxsQ1ta0vvmo2_400.gifv

tumblr_pv5k0qSdg91ssnv8uo1_400.gifv

And I love all the other friendships that have come out of this show too, including with Mark, Madelaine, Casey, Vanessa, and everyone else.  TOO MUCH TO MENTION. 

~~~

Riverdale has won tons of Teen Choice Awards, as well as others like People's Choice, MTV, etc. but probably the most at the TCA's. That may not be anything ~critically acclaimed~ but it is popular with the fans and doing well in its target demographic. I love what I love and that's what I love. 

Don't you just love bloopers?

~~~

Fun fact, some of the creators and producers of this show are also behind The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which airs on Netflix and also was in this rankdown. I am also a fan of that show and saved it before, but hurts that it (and nearly everything else that stayed in) outlasted Riverdale, which is like my baby. 😭 I love Sabrina and Harvey though. ❤️AND SALEM. ❤️ The shows are meant to exist in the same world, with Sabrina and friends living in Greendale, which is mentioned on Riverdale. There have also been some other crossovers between some minor characters from the shows, but I hope we can get some bigger at some point.

giphy.gif

There is more of a connection with the new show Katy Keene, which is also based on Archie Comics, and stars one of the characters (Josie) who was on the first three seasons of Riverdale. I just love connections! A recent episode of Riverdale was kind of like a gateway pilot (not really, but part of the storyline was) to Katy Keene, as Veronica went to New York and met with her friend, Katy. ANOTHER FUN FACT: Katy Keene stars Lucy Hale, who also starred in Pretty Little Liars aka the show I'm saving, while also cutting my other favorite! *head explodes*

tumblr_prm0kioOeP1vzdtbxo4_r1_500.gif

Now enough fun facts about all those people not in living in Riverdale and back to my beloved cast.

tumblr_okwsb5f5fJ1rmakjvo1_500.png

tumblr_oxa433Jp6i1wpawr1o1_540.gifv

acNkqtX.png 

I am clearly the biggest Riverdale fan here, which is fine, but I am sad I had to fight so hard to protect this show since so many people were after it. 😢  I know there are at least other fans here too though, and of course tons outside of IDF. Thanks to Tom for saving this show when it was first nominated, and thanks to those who respected my favorites by avoiding ever nominating it. It is much appreciated and at least I got this into the Top 300. I'm posting the final write-up around the Top 100 though, so I'm gonna pretend it ranks there, yayy. :giggle:  I hate that the show had to be cut and I had to take it into my own hands, but I'm glad I got to provide the write-up for it, even if it took me forever.  I regret nothing. This has been a two week project for me, and is possibly the longest write-up in rankdown history. If not, I am shocked and will have to do better next time. :dead:   I clearly love this show and sorry if some people don't get it, but I'm dedicating my time to this post anyway.  I love this show, love the cast, and love that creepy little town. :wub: 

If you're still reading, congratulations. You made it to the end of this write-up. :dead: I don't know if anyone will read this whole thing, but thanks if you do. It is some of my finest work. giggle.gif I hope I don't have to write up about any more of my favorite shows for awhile (well this aged badly because now that this is posted, it's time to work on my Summerland write-up), so it would be nice if people would stop nominating them, especially the one below, which I have now saved three times in one cycle. I'm so tired and want to have something to live for in this rankdown. 😢 Please and thanks.

Saving: Pretty Little Liars

O9XOQSv.gif

Image result for pretty little liars gifs liar eyes promo

Image result for pretty little liars gifs intro 

• Like 3

Dangg wow, you erally went to work on that huge Riverdale write-up, Denise. :omg::dead: But danggg that is really crazy impressive! I read through some o it and it is very well put together and detailed! With describing the show, backstory of it and the characters and storylines soo well. :yes: And whoaa your breakdown of the seasons too is really impressive! And the spin off shows. And oooo you posted their real life selves and friendships too. That’s very cool. 😮

And glad that you mentioned your love for KJ (aka Archie) as we know you got a big crush on him. 😘:giggle: 

But seriously epic and amazing job write-up there, which I knew you would do! :clap:

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Wow, amazing write-up @miss denise!

My favourite are Kevin, Veronica, Cheryl, and Moose. Also love when they do their musical episode ❤️ 

Thank you very much. ❤️ :hug: 

Aww we differ a lot there, but I'm sure Kevin and Cheryl are my favorites outside of the main four. ^_^  Ah yay!  They're so fun. A new one is coming soon. 😄 

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Dangg wow, you erally went to work on that huge Riverdale write-up, Denise. :omg::dead: But danggg that is really crazy impressive! I read through some o it and it is very well put together and detailed! With describing the show, backstory of it and the characters and storylines soo well. :yes: And whoaa your breakdown of the seasons too is really impressive! And the spin off shows. And oooo you posted their real life selves and friendships too. That’s very cool. 😮

And glad that you mentioned your love for KJ (aka Archie) as we know you got a big crush on him. 😘:giggle: 

But seriously epic and amazing job write-up there, which I knew you would do! :clap:

Yes, I did. :blushingwave: Thank you very much. :hug:  I know it's a lot, but thank youuu. ❤️ I did my best. Yes, because I love the cast so much, and so I wanted to highlight that too. :wub: 

lol I couldn't not.  :blushingwave: But Wallacee. :dead: You would mention it regardless. :dead:  :rofl:  blushing.gif.44db5be9a8554416921f503570bb419a.gif

Thank you, it means a lot! :hug: bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif

Just now, miss denise said:

Thank you very much. ❤️ :hug: 

Aww we differ a lot there, but I'm sure Kevin and Cheryl are my favorites outside of the main four. ^_^  Ah yay!  They're so fun. A new one is coming soon. 😄 

I have a crush on Kevin, and I love the Kevin/Moose -ship ❤️ 

They are - I will eventually get around to watch this season. 

4 minutes ago, miss denise said:

Yes, I did. :blushingwave: Thank you very much. :hug:  I know it's a lot, but thank youuu. ❤️ I did my best. Yes, because I love the cast so much, and so I wanted to highlight that too. :wub: 

lol I couldn't not.  :blushingwave: But Wallacee. :dead: You would mention it regardless. :dead:  :rofl:  blushing.gif.44db5be9a8554416921f503570bb419a.gif

Thank you, it means a lot! :hug: bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c29.gif

Awww you're very welcome. :hug:  I know you said a lot was coming and welll..... you certainly were not lying. :dead: You id amazing and showcased strongly your love for both the show and the cast itself! :yes: 

I knoww you couldn't, ,haha. LOL WHATT? I am only preaching and spilling the truth. Of course I have to mention it and let it be known. ❤️ Think i got one more to shout out, which hopefully won't be for awhile.

Aww you're welcome again. :hug: 

I tried honouring everyone's safety request but I just had a hard time being third to the last! I think I did honour at least 90% of them so here is my nominations!:

1. Dawson's Creek
2. How To Get Away With Murder
3. Dead To Me
4. The Game
5. So Weird
6. The Crown
7. Kim Possible
8. Girlfriends
9. The Mandalorian
10. Good Girls
11. Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan
12. Crazy Ex Girlfriend
13. Inspector Morse
14. Sailor Moon Crystal
15. America's Next Top Model
16. Orphan Black
17. House, M.D.
18. Friends
19. Don't Trust The B- In Apt 23
20. Bron/Broen
21. Xena: Warrior Princess
22. On My Block
23. Succession
24. 30 Rock
25. The Wire
26. Dancing With The Stars
27. Community
28. Better Call Saul

Dawson's Creek

Emotion Reaction GIF

I am shocking myself here. I did not think I would be cutting a show made by Kevin Williamson. I think I just had my Scream fan card revoked. 

This was one of the original teen shows. All of the characters did not have a vocabulary common for a teenager. Because of Kevin's Brand, this was called out fairly often. 

This show was the start of several long careers. We must mention James being fantastic on Dancing With the Stars. I never thought I would find Dawson attractive. It was odd. Good for all of them! Way to go. 

Let's see Dawson was annoying. Pacey was a mess most of the time. Pacey and Joey was always the superior couple. Jack and Jen were the cutest. 

I refuse to acknowledge later seasons because they changed the theme music. That is not allowed. 

Saving Orphan Black 

Edited by aliasocfan