American Idol Unpopular Opinions Thread

countrynineteen

Just now, rockerannah said:

I am not a huge Allegra fan  - I think she's talented, but I did not like her take on that Harry Styles' song

She changed up the song so much that it was bound to be polarizing. I personally enjoyed her take on the song.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

A lot IDF users loves there belting divas. She's really not that great compared to other belter's but she's the only one on the season so she's gonna get their support.

She's not better than Grace from last season but she's good In her own right. :yes:

I am starting to feel kind of ho him about this season. My two favorites were Christian and Nicolina but I have been bored with them lately. Huntergirl is good but I am not really feeling her. Mike Parker should not be singing country!!! Leah is not my cup of tea although she gives solid performances. 

I could go on but so far I am not thrilled! :(

• Like 1

I'm failing to get the hype over Christian, he might be a great vocalist but i'm not connecting with him by any means. His performances always leave me cold, and if you leave me cold after singing "Imagine" and "Creep" we have a problem. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

- Christian and Jay have the least chance of post-show success out of the Top 14. Nobody wants to listen to them oversing and do a million riff/runs outside of a competition show setting, and there is not a place for them in the music industry.

- Nicolina's song choices are too on the nose, predictable, and boring tbh. She needs to take a risk with more unexpected and/or uptempo song choices.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, m1key said:

- Christian and Jay have the least chance of post-show success out of the Top 14. Nobody wants to listen to them oversing and do a million riff/runs outside of a competition show setting, and there is not a place for them in the music industry.

- Nicolina's song choices are too on the nose, predictable, and boring tbh. She needs to take a risk with more unexpected and/or uptempo song choices.

Nicolina post show success chances aren't great either. Singers like her are quite clear common and she doesn't stand out from them at all.

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Nicolina post show success chances aren't great either. Singers like her are quite clear common and she doesn't stand out from them at all.

The only contestant in the Top 14 with the best post show success chances would be Fritz.

Edited by CandiceFan12

Cadence should have been saved. So much wasted potential — she is so marketable. I really thought the judges would have fought for her a bit harder and at least pushed her into the top 14? I get she was kinda flopping with her horrendous song choices (esp “train wreck”) and screeching. But with coaching on song selection and vocal styling (she’s not a belter! Stop belting!) she could have gotten there. Part of me wishes she had waited 2-4 years to try out. She is 19 and looks, acts and sounds even younger. Anyway, I’ll miss seeing her on my tv weekly, because she’s drop dead gorgeous. Her dad can also get it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rockerannah said:

Based on Sundays performances, I think Phillip Phillips or Chayce Beckham should win. I would also vote out Alejandro. 🤷‍♀️ Sorry, not sorry.

I'll enjoy him and his music for years to come. Sorry you don't like him! Not an unpopular opinion on IDF. :yawnwave:

On 4/19/2022 at 12:20 PM, m1key said:

I wish Christian would stop with the over singing because he has a great voice. I know his days are numbered. But if you listen to his songs on iTunes they are marketable. I am not a big fan of today’s music so I only like “Waiting”

I ai also love Nicolina’s voice but I agree with you about her song choices. I want her to sing Heart.

1 hour ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

Not sure if a UO but Lionel is the worst judge they have ever had on the show. Can’t stand him. 

I don’t know if he is the worst but he is not good. Luke is actually the best judge this season or he was. I don’t think they are allowed to critique the performances anymore. :(

I know who is going to win!!!! Every time I say that I don’t care if anyone wins but (insert contestant’s name) that contestant wins. So congratulations Noah! I don’t care who wins as long as it isn’t Noah!!!!

1 hour ago, Rainbow_of_greys said:

Not sure if a UO but Lionel is the worst judge they have ever had on the show. Can’t stand him. 

I don't know about worst ever but he's not very good and he makes no sense half of the time. He told Elli there were too many people in her lane when she literally sounds like nobody else. But then they went on to advance a third male country singer so how is that lane not crowded but hers is? Then he went on to say it wasn't up to him it was up to America when in fact that was 100% wrong. The dude is a clown.

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I don't know about worst ever but he's not very good and he makes no sense half of the time. He told Elli there were too many people in her lane when she literally sounds like nobody else. But then they went on to advance a third male country singer so how is that lane not crowded but hers is? Then he went on to say it wasn't up to him it was up to America when in fact that was 100% wrong. The dude is a clown.

That was a straight-up Paula moment lol.

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

This. He’s out to lunch

also what was he rambling on about with Cadence after her “train wreck” performance? Something about grabbing the mic and taking it out? It seemed like he wanted to tell her he didn’t like it but since these judges aren’t allowed to actually critique, he said something stupid about leaving the mic in the stand instead. Garbage.

Edited by Rainbow_of_greys
  • Like 1