American Idol Unpopular Opinions Thread

countrynineteen

5 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Not to downplay these seasons, but I take it you weren't around for the S5 fan wars. :haha:

Sadly no... Season 6 in 2007 was my first season of Idol. lol

I wish they would release the old seasons to streaming services so I could watch the first 5! ❤️ 

3 hours ago, KelseyW said:

I see. Season 5 had its fair share of rabid fanbases who were at odds with each other, especially towards the end. The only fan war I think rivals them is the Adam/Kris one.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 2:25 AM, KelseyW said:

you missed all the fun and good times back on the old idol on fox boards. season 5 was THE BEST! I remember people kept complaining every week about chris daughtry because he killing the competition.. :P

On 6/15/2021 at 5:36 AM, Crisis said:

I see. Season 5 had its fair share of rabid fanbases who were at odds with each other, especially towards the end. The only fan war I think rivals them is the Adam/Kris one.

actually season 4 was quiet rabid back on the old idol on fox boards. that was when i started watching and found out about the fan wars.. and it was messy!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, KelseyW said:

I wish they would release the old seasons to streaming services so I could watch the first 5! ❤️ 

There was a channel on Youtube that had every single episode. I was binging it these past few months and then it all got removed when i was in the middle of season 12. :( Might still be worth a search though to see if another channel has them.

• Sad 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idol needs to stop sending their winner's into the country genre... UNLESS they are actually country!

Other than that... Stop taking two years to put out a record you "believe in", get dropped, go indie, and have folks forget about you without so much as a fight!

See>>> Maddie, Laine, (Not yet but you know) and Sam who is basically back to square one!

OH and pretty much everyone who won/made it far on FOX AI is indie now too. Nothing wrong with being indie but just dismantle the bigger labels if you can't promote these kids!

Also. STOP. LETTING. IDOL ALUMNI. LEAVE. TWITTER. UNLESS it's good for your mental health! That I can understand, but folks won't know what you're doing artistically if you keep it to select fan clubs/fanbases only! :/ 

Edited by KelseyW

• 3 weeks later...