The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

11 hours ago, season1 said:

President Trump continues to push for more relief to Americans (and remove the pork from the bill which includes billions in foreign aid). 

Let's see if Congress can pass an amendment to increase the direct assistance to Americans.

The house is likely to pass it this week. Lets see what GOP senators (Mitch) do with it...

PA Republican lawmakers: Analysis finds presidential election numbers don't add up

17 lawmakers sponsored and participated in the analysis. The analysis compared official county election results to the total number of voters who voted Nov. 3, as recorded by the Department of State. They found that there were 200,000+ more votes than actual voters.

The group of lawmakers released the following joint statement:

“We were already concerned with the actions of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the Executive branch, and election officials in certain counties contravening and undermining the Pennsylvania Election Code by eliminating signature verification, postmarks, and due dates while allowing the proliferation of drop boxes with questionable security measures and the unauthorized curing of ballots, as well as the questionable treatment of poll watchers, all of which created wholesale opportunities for irregularities in the 2020 presidential election.”

“However, we are now seeing discrepancies on the retail level which raise even more troubling questions regarding irregularities in the election returns. These findings call into question the accuracy of the SURE system, consistency in the application of the Pennsylvania Election Code from county to county, and the competency of those charged with oversight of elections in our Commonwealth.

“These numbers just don’t add up, and the alleged certification of Pennsylvania’s presidential election results was absolutely premature, unconfirmed, and in error.”

• Like 3

11 hours ago, season1 said:

PA Republican lawmakers: Analysis finds presidential election numbers don't add up

17 lawmakers sponsored and participated in the analysis. The analysis compared official county election results to the total number of voters who voted Nov. 3, as recorded by the Department of State. They found that there were 200,000+ more votes than actual voters.

The group of lawmakers released the following joint statement:

"According to State Rep. Frank Ryan (R-Lebanon), 17 lawmakers sponsored and participated in the analysis.

Ryan, who is a certified public accountant, says they discovered discrepancies between the numbers of total votes counted and total number of voters who voted in the 2020 General Election which is making them question how the results could have been certified by Gov. Tom Wolf and Secretary of the Commonwealth Kathy Boockvar."

The discrepancy, showed up early on, right after the election. It's almost 2 months later, and they just came to that conclusion? O.o

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Drew said:

I think now we get to find out how genuinely crazy our two parties really are. It'll be interesting to experience the next two years. 

Here's one interesting analysis about what the so-called Republican leadership is doing.

A Familiar Play – Mitch McConnell Blocks Attempt to Pass $2,000 COVID Relief Bill, Deflects Accountability to POTUS

First few paragraphs:

At first blush you might ask yourself why Mitch McConnell would block this bill and put the Georgia special election senate races in question.  He just handed Georgia democrats an atomic sledgehammer.  However, what most people do not understand is how McConnell works; being in the minority position is not adverse to his interests.  McConnell operates with a Machiavellian strategy, so we will explain.

Senator McConnell said the $2,000 bill would be attached to two other POTUS priorities including (1) section 230 reform, and (2) a request for congressional review of the 2020 election fraud, both have been requested by President Trump.  This is how Mitch McConnell justifies; this is how the GOP will defend his decision; the creation of a false dichotomy is how McConnell works.  But watch what he is really doing.

McConnell admits in his floor testimony the three stage bill will take time to assemble. In essence he admits publicly the $2k, 23o reform and 2020 election review committee will take longer than the January 5th Georgia runoff.  So he is admitting the toxic political issue of the $2,000 denial will exist to benefit the democrats in the race.  Accept this.

TLDR: McConnell does not want to be the Majority Leader anymore where he's expected to deliver for the GOP base. He thinks he has more power in the minority like he used to during the Harry Reid era.

Edited by season1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

It's been awhile since I have read or posted in this thread but it's nice to see that nothing has changed and we are still getting all the amusing election conspiracy theory's still.

Everyone has coping mechanisms. Turns out the MAGA coping mechanism was to create alternate truths to convince themselves they didn't lose.

It's okay though. In 2016, the Democrat coping mechanism was to tell themselves that the Dem party would have won had they just let Bernie win the nomination.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ButterflyEffect said:

Everyone has coping mechanisms. Turns out the MAGA coping mechanism was to create alternate truths to convince themselves they didn't lose.

It's okay though. In 2016, the Democrat coping mechanism was to tell themselves that the Dem party would have won had they just let Bernie win the nomination.

I mean maybe--it would be a lot closer. I feel like MI and WI were close enough that Bernie would have took them. I even think maybe an outside chance at AZ since Bernie does better than Clinton with (non Cuban) hispanics. I think all the other swing states either candidate would have lost.

10 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

It's been awhile since I have read or posted in this thread but it's nice to see that nothing has changed and we are still getting all the amusing election conspiracy theory's still.

When math & statistics = conspiracy, then  ...  :unsure:   But, believe what you want to. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ButterflyEffect said:

All I can say is .... January, is going to be FUN :mrgreen:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, psterina said:

All I can say is .... January, is going to be FUN :mrgreen:

You're right January is gonna be fun. When the Republicans are forced to make a decision and either vote for or against Trump it's gonna be great. They are gonna squirm and it's a lose lose situation for them. I can't wait to see this play out and laugh at all of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

You're right January is gonna be fun. When the Republicans are forced to make a decision and either vote for or against Trump it's gonna be great. They are gonna squirm and it's a lose lose situation for them. I can't wait to see this play out and laugh at all of them.

Even IF, that happens, you do not understand ... there are STILL other pathways  :))  

In the meantime, all the traitors, are getting EXPOSED. Election interference, is a VERY serious crime.  😬 

Like I said .... January, is going to be FUN, on many fronts.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Actually idiotic. Trump may have won more counties because his counties have like 50 people in them each. I am actually loling at the trolls skewing a rhetoric that only morons would believe. :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ButterflyEffect said:

I agree, it's going to be a lot of fun. Especially once Biden takes office.

I wonder, once this is all over with, would Biden have the balls to push treason charges against Trump and Co. 

He doesn't even have to New York will lock him up for him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1