The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, oh…

The Grand Jury was held in Florida. The Florida legislature just passed legislation allowing the docs to be released, and DeSantis is expected to sign it. Pass the popcorn. 

EDIT: I guess this one explains it better. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Voice said:

This is Laken Riley. She was a 22-year-old nursing student murdered by an illegal immigrant on Thursday. President Trump has released a statement but Biden has not.

I pray for her family! 🥺

Athens-Clarke County Coroner Sonny Wilson said Laken died from blunt force trauma to the head. For a young woman to be kidnapped while jogging on a university campus and then murdered is tragic under any circumstances, but it's infuriating that her alleged killer is an undocumented Venezuelan migrant with an arrest record. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesperson Lindsay Williams confirmed the 26-year-old suspect illegally entered near El Paso, Texas, and was arrested on 09/08/22. "He was paroled and released for further processing." He was also arrested in New York City in 2023 and "charged with acting in a manner to injure a child less than 17 and a motor vehicle license violation." Williams said he was "released by the NYPD before a detainer could be issued." His 29-year-old brother was also arrested Friday on a federal charge of possessing a fraudulent green card. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 2:40 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

@TeamAudra you mentioned Anthony Edwards a few days ago. I was just scrolling Tiktok and came across this video. I'm blown away.

You’ll probably see this on TikTok too. LOL

This block was at the buzzer, up by 2, after scoring 44 points, including 16 in the 4th quarter. Yes, he hit his head on the rim. :haha: He also left the game twice with injuries before returning. He’s still only 22 years old. I’ve never seen anything quite like this. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You’ll probably see this on TikTok too. LOL

This block was at the buzzer, up by 2, after scoring 44 points, including 16 in the 4th quarter. Yes, he hit his head on the rim. :haha: He also left the game twice with injuries before returning. He’s still only 22 years old. I’ve never seen anything quite like this. 

He's insane.

• Like 1

I'm so fed up with these conspiracy theorists. :yawn:

Maybe he did that because he wanted to have some fun, nah? He has done this type of stuff before in a WWE show, called "Total Divas," with his ex-fiancee Nikki Bella/Garcia. It's just John Cena being John Cena.

They're criticizing the guy who literally holds the Guinness world record for the most Make-A-Wish grants.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

@Hamza Tufail

He was fouled too. The guy he dunked on left the game and hasn’t returned. 

I’m tired of politics, so we’re turning this into an NBA thread. :P

I kinda feel bad for the other guy. 😂

But that's just what gonna happen when you come in close to Anthony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yeah, he never returned. Has either a concussion or a head contusion, depending on the source. 

• Like 1

So even in FL, in a closed primary, there is a 20% anti-Trump rep vote.

Trump did get the Maga vote and the vote from DeSantis supporters (They didn't vote for DeSantis because he's out of the race obviously). But the concern is, if there's a 20% anti Trump vote within reps in one of the most rep states, then how will overcome the odds in the GE?

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So even in FL, in a closed primary, there is a 20% anti-Trump rep vote.

Trump did get the Maga vote and the vote from DeSantis supporters (They didn't vote for DeSantis because he's out of the race obviously). But the concern is, if there's a 20% anti Trump vote within reps in one of the most rep states, then how will overcome the odds in the GE?

It would be even higher if he wasn’t the only candidate left in the race. 

This also doesn’t take into account the Trump haters who don’t bother to show up to the primary. Why show up to vote for a candidate who isn’t even in the race? I know I won’t be doing that. 

Also…in Florida, they love having DeSantis as their Governor. They aren’t going to vote for him for the nomination after he dropped out. I wouldn’t either if he was my Governor. 

I suspect the number who don’t want Trump as the nominee is roughly 1/2 the party. The polling of “likely primary voters” is misleading for the reasons I listed above. Granted, some of those will still hold their noses and vote for him against the Democrat. I’m

definitely not voting for him, and there’s nothing anyone could say that would change my mind. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

It would be even higher if he wasn’t the only candidate left in the race. 

This also doesn’t take into account the Trump haters who don’t bother to show up to the primary. Why show up to vote for a candidate who isn’t even in the race? I know I won’t be doing that. 

Also…in Florida, they love having DeSantis as their Governor. They aren’t going to vote for him for the nomination after he dropped out. I wouldn’t either if he was my Governor. 

I suspect the number who don’t want Trump as the nominee is roughly 1/2 the party. The polling of “likely primary voters” is misleading for the reasons I listed above. Granted, some of those will still hold their noses and vote for him against the Democrat. I’m

definitely not voting for him, and there’s nothing anyone could say that would change my mind. 

According to a poll, 47% of Floridians value Trump's endorsement the most (Sad, considering DeSantis has done everything he can for them, while Trump doesn't care about actual legislation) for the 2026 election, and 37% value DeSantis'. What's interesting is that 63% of them consider themselves as Maga. I'm surprised because if 63% are Maga, then Trump's poll numbers should be 63.

But DeSantis got way less than 37. You're right that those people who would have voted for him if he was still in, either just didn't vote or voted for Trump instead.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

According to a poll, 47% of Floridians value Trump's endorsement the most (Sad, considering DeSantis has done everything he can for them, while Trump doesn't care about actual legislation) for the 2026 election, and 37% value DeSantis'. What's interesting is that 63% of them consider themselves as Maga. I'm surprised because if 63% are Maga, then Trump's poll numbers should be 63.

But DeSantis got way less than 37. You're right that those people who would have voted for him if he was still in, either just didn't vote or voted for Trump instead.

But, it is really something that 20% showed up to an uncontested primary to vote against him, so I see your point. I won’t even do that. LOL

• Like 1

This I'll never get. Why would anyone want to burn their own Country's flag?

I saw a pro Israel rally where 300k+ people participated. There were more US flags than the Israeli flags there.

But whenever I see any pro Palestine rally, the US flag is nowhere near to be found. If it is, they're either burning it or stomping it.

On 3/20/2024 at 12:26 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

I saw a pro Israel rally where 300k+ people participated. There were more US flags than the Israeli flags there.

But whenever I see any pro Palestine rally, the US flag is nowhere near to be found. If it is, they're either burning it or stomping it.

It upsets me to see things like this. If you hate America that much, just leave.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 12:26 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

Does that ever happen in Pakistan? If so, are there any consequences? 

It’s a 1st Amendment right here. They wouldn’t have the freedom to do this in many other countries. 

I’d also encourage them to find a country more to their liking. Many of them support Communism. I would suggest they move to China, burn their flag in public, and see what happens. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Does that ever happen in Pakistan? If so, are there any consequences? 

It’s a 1st Amendment right here. They wouldn’t have the freedom to do this in many other countries. 

I’d also encourage them to find a country more to their liking. Many of them support Communism. I would suggest they move to China, burn their flag in public, and see what happens. 

I'm not sure if one could get in trouble doing that in my country because I've never even thought about it there has never been even a discussion about it. I would need to research on it. But I know no one has even done that. And I know if someone ever tries to do that, the people around him would beat the sh*t out of him.

But I think it has to do with the massive migrant population in US. I don't think an avg American would even think of it. It's the migrants from those backgrounds that grow up hating America and western culture and civilization that do that. (I'm not saying most of migrants are like that.)

It is really sad though. If I go and live in a different country for the sake of a better life, I should at the very least be respectful about that country's culture and values. I have no idea why some people take their frustrations out on the flag.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I'm not sure if one could get in trouble doing that in my country because I've never even thought about it there has never been even a discussion about it. I would need to research on it. But I know no one has even done that. And I know if someone ever tries to do that, the people around him would beat the sh*t out of him.

But I think it has to do with the massive migrant population in US. I don't think an avg American would even think of it. It's the migrants from those backgrounds that grow up hating America and western culture and civilization that do that. (I'm not saying most of migrants are like that.)

It is really sad though. If I go and live in a different country for the sake of a better life, I should at the very least be respectful about that country's culture and values. I have no idea why some people take their frustrations out on the flag.

There are actually plenty of US born leftists who engage in this type of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 5:51 AM, Hamza Tufail said:

Remember that conversation about biological males competing against women? Imagine Anthony Edwards on a women’s team. He’d probably kill someone. Literally. 

Check this out. 

• Like 1

Also, if anyone is looking for up and coming female athletes to support, look up Parker Valby. As a former track athlete, I’m obsessed. :haha:

She now holds the NCAA record in both the 5000 and 10000 meter. She broke the 10000 meter record by 28 seconds the other day, and it was the first time she had ever run that distance. The previous record had stood for 14 years. Future superstar. She’s super quirky too. 

https://www.instagram.com/parkervalby?igsh=NDF0aWx3azhobGt6

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Another W by Bill.

He called out the left and asked why it's right if someone calls out Nickelodeon, but it's wrong if the so-called "Evil" gov of FL calls out Disney, just because he's from the "wrong" party.