2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

giphy.gif

Imagine, back in the year 2000. You and your then equally famous co-star wrap up a career spanning half a decade on Nickelodeon it's time to move on. You aren't a teen any longer and it's time to take the next step in your career. You and your co-star still do some things together, but you take some time away, to establish your own identity. Your roles aren't large but you've landed a consistent gig as a voice actor on Clifford. Then in 2003 you decide to audition for SNL. To find out that your co-star and friend is your competition. See SNL is a long institution and because of that racism is still prevalent (even though they'll never claim that) and there's at the time really a 1 black comic at a time. You lose. That's fine. You'll get another chance. Maybe. There's still a bright career ahead of you. Oh, and don't mind that your biggest celebrity moment since the end of your Nickelodeon show was being the subject of a celebrity death hoax. All the big celebrities suffer from death hoaxes. 

Fast forward 10 or so years. Your co-star, who when you two starred in everything together when you were young, is now the longest tenured cast member on SNL (hey, maybe if you two had been born about 10 years later or had the foresight you could have been Key and Peele) and you. You have your stable job back on Nickelodeon starring in Dan Schneider shows. It's like time is stagnant. You are 40 and nothing has changed. You are still making feet joke for a man obsessed with the feet of teens. But hey this is comfortable. This is fine. This is life for Kel Mitchell. And hey, you got a chance to be on Dancing with the Stars! Kenan hasn't done that. (Kenan is too famous for Dancing with the Stars. He'll probably do The Masked Singer first). 

Kel Mitchell was a contestant on the 28th season of Dancing with the Stars. A season where he came in second place and my pick Hannah Brown won. He was partnered with Witney. And though there seemed to be too much weird analysis of their relationship (WAS WITNEY TOO BUSY WITH HER FAVORITE PARTNER ALFONSO'S NEW GAME SHOW), they had a good run. I think that the thing that really pushed me to try and get Kel out this round was that there have been many many better men cut already and Kel was merely the second strongest contestant on his season. Which was one of the weakest season dance wise of DWTS in a long time. Give me a season full of ringers before I have to suffer from a season full of newbs again. 

Kel had a pretty solid run but this is more than a good place for him to leave. 

Here's his Viennese Waltz.

That writeup :dead:.

Congrats to our top 20. I'll post all the details of what's next after work, but I'm assuming everyone knows what's coming lol. 18 women and 2 men has to surely be the biggest gender gap we've had on this site tho. #JusticeForApolo

Did we actually just get through a final round where nobody really made any petty cuts? :wub: :dead:

Great placement for Kel, though. He was someone I had considered cutting as well and while I would have been fine seeing him in the top 20, he's done a great job getting to this point.

Funny how none of the S28 contestants made it to the end this time as opposed to last year when I think we had all of Tinashe, Milo and Evanna in top 20.

I’m not surprised Kel was cut. He (and Elizabeth) were one of the two I was thinking you would cut, but I figured @*Wallace would object to a Kel elimination. 😐

#neverforget Len’s judging of his freestyle though. 🙄 (But reprising his Jazz in that finale was low key a bad decision.)

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Which pronouns did Courtney Act use on DWTS btw since I'm talking about there only being 2 men left I don't wanna be inaccurate.

Courtney was referred to as she. When it was Shane, they said he. Shane/Courtney identifies as gender neutral, though. 

Just now, Alex95 said:

This is our most stacked top 20 yet. Gonna be a rough final countdown I think (and lots of regrets of people not taking out some threats when they had the chance :giggle:)

Elizabeth Berkeley Lauren about to end them all and be #1. :wub:

Kristi and Katherine are the only ones to make all three Top 20s, right?

Kristi making top 20 again straight after winning is super impressive. I feel like Corbin got targeted at some earlier point last year for being the reigning champ so it's amazing that Kristi was able to avoid that happening. :haha:

Just now, *Lily said:

Kristi making top 20 again straight after winning is super impressive. I feel like Corbin got targeted at some earlier point last year for being the reigning champ so it's amazing that Kristi was able to avoid that happening. :haha:

I don’t recall her ever being nominated either.