2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

45 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I guess that explains why his Instagram was full of photos of her.

NEXT.

:dead: 

You would really like Aljaz though. :haha:  

23 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Wallace said we have to wait till all the rankers cut someone is that true?

I thought this was the case last night but then I re-read and didn't see anything of this. :lmao:

10 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Well considering we can't agree thanks for the extension :dead:

Oooh lol we always had a bit of an extension. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

When do I need to make a decision? I know who I am cutting but need to do a write-up :haha:

I think just over 2 more hours?

Lance Bass

dwts-lance134.jpg

You guys are spoiled. I went sane instead of full blown petty. I was planning on cutting him last rankdown. My passing on this caused a worse cut to be mad. Sorry to Lance this time around. At least he is the final Lacey partner standing. He also won his season. Yay for that.

Like Ally recently, he was called the worst dancer of the group. It took him a few weeks to really get into the competition. (Highlight of that transition time was him doing a Paso to I Kissed a girl. Get it? So clever). Him and Lacey also started the trend of rumbas that look more like contemporary. Bless having bare feet. Their power. His best dances were his Tango and his jitterbug. Yay for losing shoes. His freestyle was fun (and remarkably like Kyle’s, Lacey was lazy). He had a good run, but he has to miss out on this top 20.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773 tumblr_o1byeiO4WO1ujgbu9o6_250.gifv tumblr_inline_p5aqj0j9iH1tokatx_400.gifv 

Instead of being petty, I decided to be nice and hopefully everyone else will be nice in return, which I doubt will happen. So I am cutting Monique Coleman, whom I loved during her time on Dancing With The Stars but as the years went by, her journey became more of a blur in my mind. And at this point of the rankdown, she is pretty much of a fodder - I am almost surprise that she always find a way to sneak through without being targeted throughout the rankdown. 

While on Dancing With The Stars: Season 3, Monique was a big name for some people due to her appearance in High School Musical which was the reason why I rooted for her her. She was partnered with Louis van Amstel - she is still one of his better partner. On the show, they were a strong couple where they were consistent throughout the competition - their first dance, Foxtrot, was weak and scored an 19 out of 30. But for the remaining of the competition, they were consistent where they danced a Mambo to Bop to the Top which was iconic - it scored a 26 out of 30. Now looking back at her routines, I enjoyed Rumba which got a 27 out of a 30 - it deserved a 30. You know what else deserved a 30? her Paso Doble & Cha-Cha-Cha - I find hilarious that Carrie-Ann was unable to give a 10 for the Cha-Cha-Cha but able to give a 9 for the Sambe which doesn't make sense. Anyway, Monique Coleman is unfortunately out of this rankdown so let's take a look at her Cha-Cha-Cha, Rumba, and Mambo.

James Maslow

giphy.gif 

Sorry to the James fans, but I was not approached with any safety requests regarding him, so he is my choice to cut. I know Meryl is definitely not winning this because even if she does make the Top 20, she'll get tanked in the rankings, so I might as well get her a win for Season 18 at least. James is a member of Big Time Rush who competed on season 18, partnered with Peta Murgatroyd. James is great, but he was probably my 4th favorite at most behind Meryl, Charlie, and Danica. James had some really great dances, though, so let's recap them:

-Week 1: James danced a very solid dance for week 1 with the Foxtrot, but was ultimately outdone by Meryl, Charlie, and Danica. Still, a 21 is a fantastic start to the season. 

-Week 2: He stepped up his game this week with his Salsa, which was a really fantastic dance. He tied with Meryl & Charlie at the top of the leader board with 25 points, receiving his first 9 of the season from Carrie Ann.

-Week 3: James opens Most Memorable Year night with a really strong and great Jive, scoring all 9's. Meryl would steal the show with her Foxtrot that week, but he had a great dance here and cemented himself as one of the stronger dancers of the season by being in a 4-way tie for 2nd place with Charlie, Amy & Danica. All of them scored 36 points. Only on this theme would we see so many people tied with the same score.

-Week 4: Switch-Up Week! James partnered with Cheryl. Meryl would steal the show with her dance once again, but James was easily 2nd-best of the night with a really great Tango.

-Week 5: Disney Night is arguably James' highlight of the season. With Frozen having just been released in the November prior to Season 18, James was assigned a Contemporary to the movie's big song "Let It Go" and danced an incredible and fantastic Contemporary routine. It received the first perfect score of the season of 40 points. A well-earned perfect score from James. Although there was no need to deny Danica of a perfect score for her equally as flawless Quickstep on the same night.

-Week 6: Party Anthems night, one of the more bizarre themes this show has thrust upon the contestants. Another week where Meryl stole the show, but James danced a really good Quickstep that earned 35 points. A step down from his Frozen Contemporary, which is hard to top, but still a great routine from him.

-Week 7: James remains consistent on Latin night, scoring a 35 for a very good Samba routine. He wound up on the weaker of the two teams for the team dance round, scoring a 35 when paired with Charlie & NeNe for the dance. A good routine but overshadowed by the excellent dance by Team Loca.

-Week 8: James danced a great Viennese Waltz that scored 36 points and then teamed up with Amy to dance a great Jive that scored 39 points. The Samba was a fair score, but that Jive I feel was a tad overscored - no doubt because they didn't want the inevitable Meryl win to seem like a runaway, so they decided to start propping Amy up with scores. Still, two great routines from James

-Week 9: James finally gets another perfect 40 with his fantastic Cha-Cha. He dances a good, but forgettable, Rumba that scores 36 points. He is again outshone by Meryl having a flawless night (and the judges continuing to prop up Amy with their scores). James manages to make the finals, along with Meryl, Amy, and Candace. One of 2 finalists I agreed with. The other 2 should've been Charlie and Danica, but voting and judging shenanigans played a role as per usual. Anyway, this is about James.

-Week 10: James dances 2 fantastic routines with his Tango and Freestyle, both of which score 29 points. Yet again, Meryl steals the show, the judges continue to prop up Amy, and the voters rally behind Candice, resulting in James finishing in 4th place. James definitely should've finished 2nd as he was much better than Candice and Amy.

James is a great contestant and definitely one of the stronger dancers of the season. However, I was much more invested in others that were on his season so I never loved him as much as some people on here probably do. Again, sorry to any of James' fans, but this is a cut I feel comfortable with making at this stage in the game. I already know my #1 is being tanked if she makes the top 20 again, so I might as well get her a win while I have the power to do so.

Here are some of James' best dances:

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

4 guys potentially in the top 20 is pretty decent for IDF's standards :dead: 

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I was gonna say, this IDF. Are really surprised that the Top 20 is predominantly female? :dead: 

This is all reallly true. :dead:

Really amazing write-up for James Maslow, Amanda. Surprised he made it this far but he is a really solid DWTS contestant and well done to him making it this far. :yes: