DWTS General Discussion Thread 2.0

Elliott

On 10/1/2020 at 2:51 AM, *Amanda said:

It's once again time to see how wrong WatchMojo gets it with another one of their lists! This time, they did the Top 20 pros.

1. Derek

2. Val

3. Kym

4. Cheryl

5. Maks

6. Julianne

7. Karina

8. Peta

9. Sharna

10. Anna T

11. Mark

12. Tony

13. Witney

14. Lindsay

15. Emma

16. Sasha

17. Alan

18. Keo

19. Jenna

20. Artem

And cue the rage at Derek being #1. :giggle: 

As per usual, the list is full of choices. Like Sharna being in the Top 10 and Mark being only at 11. :wacko: 

IMO Top 10 is mostly right but I'd put Mark & Lindsay there instead of Anna T & Peta (neither are/were bad pros but wouldn't say Top 10 material). Sharna, Derek, Julianne, Karina, Cheryl, Val, Maks and Kym all worthy of their spots in the Top 10 all things considered.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the lowdown on Jana Kramer and her husband? I don’t know if there’s drama but I feel like I am seeing their names on tabloid sites pretty much every day and just the thought of trying to research it exhausts me.

I see that the #HayleyforPro campaign is starting again...

Where is this show's standards? I could at least get why Britt was campaigned for and subsequently hired but what would Hayley bring to the table as a pro?

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1

I'm genuinely curious as to why she deserves a pro spot over those who have danced ballroom & latin since they were kids - Sharna, Cheryl, Peta, Daniella, Jenna, Emma, Lindsay and Witney. We might not like all of them but they are very qualified to be pros on the show. Jenna might not have made it as a full time pro without Val but at least she has a lot of experience in ballroom & latin. That's 8 pros, there will only be 7 spots anyway and presuming that Britt is back, that's only 6 so for Hayley to get a pro spot, neither Lindsay & Witney can return or one of the long termers have to leave.

I asked on Twitter and got this response:

To that I have to question if she's able to effectively teach a beginner and choreograph for them? After all, that's the job of a DWTS pro?? Didn't Malene Østergaard give her a lot of help on Juniors?

That tweet also talks rubbish - she "devoted" 7 seasons and 4 tours as if it was for charity, she got paid like everyone else did!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I see that the #HayleyforPro campaign is starting again...

Where is this show's standards? I could at least get why Britt was campaigned for and subsequently hired but what would Hayley bring to the table as a pro?

She's younger, attractive and is competent at ballroom. It's not like the standards in the last... decade... have been all that high (I mean they cast Allison Holker - who I love, don't get me wrong - for how many seasons when she wasn't that good at ballroom?) Particularly when the show prefers casting younger pros to older pros.

• Like 1

I mean I find the idea of a Change.org petition kinda cringe (especially when I feel like doing all this campaigning for Britt was for good reason, to encourage DWTS to expand their diversity in the pro roster, and now it just feels like people wanna petition everything).

But at the same time, I agree it really ain't that deep, I'm fine seeing Hayley as a pro. Am I crazy about it, not really. But also I'm all for fresh blood in pro line-ups especially when I think the most recent additions of new pros has actually been a welcome change (Daniella, Pasha, Brandon all skilled in ballroom/Latin and have done a solid job, and then Britt is doing a pretty stellar job regardless of her own, or her partner's experience). If a spot comes up and she gets it, good for her! I wouldn't write her off at all.

Edited by *Lily

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 11:26 PM, *Lily said:

Does anyone know the lowdown on Jana Kramer and her husband? I don’t know if there’s drama but I feel like I am seeing their names on tabloid sites pretty much every day and just the thought of trying to research it exhausts me.

I follow her on Instagram & listen to their podcast so I can probably try my best to help you... As far as I know, there's nothing dramatic in their relationship - someone tried to spread rumors a few weeks ago but it was far from the truth; I do know it did open some wounds for Jana as she was afraid it was going to be true.

Oops, just saw this post was not that recent :dead:

Edited by *Chris

It won’t let me post Instagram links for some reason right now, but Anna Trebunskaya did an Instagram post revealing that Alex Trebek almost did the show about 10 years ago, and that they were paired up for a short training session 😢 RIP 💔  

• Sad 1

On 11/4/2020 at 9:47 PM, *Chris said:

I follow her on Instagram & listen to their podcast so I can probably try my best to help you... As far as I know, there's nothing dramatic in their relationship - someone tried to spread rumors a few weeks ago but it was far from the truth; I do know it did open some wounds for Jana as she was afraid it was going to be true.

Oops, just saw this post was not that recent :dead:

Ooh no this is good to know. I never really looked into it. :dead: Glad to hear it doesn’t seem to be anything bad as I just couldn’t keep up from all the stories I was seeing! 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

It won’t let me post Instagram links for some reason right now, but Anna Trebunskaya did an Instagram post revealing that Alex Trebek almost did the show about 10 years ago, and that they were paired up for a short training session 😢 RIP 💔  

Didn't you have him in one of your reduxes?

12 hours ago, *Lily said:

Ooh no this is good to know. I never really looked into it. :dead: Glad to hear it doesn’t seem to be anything bad as I just couldn’t keep up from all the stories I was seeing! 

There's a long history with the two of them, so sometime it's hard to know what's true or not :dead:

On 11/9/2020 at 9:07 PM, *Lily said:

Aww, I wish he would have done the show! :(

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, *Lily said:

Yes! I think he was first boot :( But I did recall him being in one of them :haha:

I miss your redux :( 

I wish we had the cast list of all of them to see how many of them ended up doing DWTS :haha:

• Like 1