*****Brynn Cartelli Fan Thread*****

rhapsody99

55 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Add me!

Added!

No comment on Brynn still not disclosing the release date, after getting to 5K. :P A lot of people in the comments thought “hurry up” meant it was going to be released at midnight.  

• Haha 1

Finally. I just hope the hype for this is enough for the song to at least debut on the Hot 100 (Week of April 3rd). There's the boost from the Grammy's and possible releases (mostly Imagine Dragons) that maybe blocking it from entering the charts.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Finally. I just hope the hype for this is enough for the song to at least debut on the Hot 100 (Week of April 3rd). There's the boost from the Grammy's and possible releases (mostly Imagine Dragons) that maybe blocking it from entering the charts.

Hot 100 is too aggressive an expectation for the first week IMO, unless she can replicate the 2M views TikTok post from last month. If it happens, great. It will chart well on iTunes, since she’s pushing pre-sales. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

I hope her label can get it on some spotify/Apple Music playlists (new music Friday, etc) ... that’s what will get her some good streams to start off. I won’t be surprised if kelly has brynn on her show sometime in the next couple weeks to try to help her too. I hope she keeps posting stuff on tik tok and I hope her label actually does some promo for her. You never really know what songs will be hits, what will be misses and what will fall somewhere in the middle so right now just hoping she does well in streaming and can get on the iTunes Charts 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Hot 100 is too aggressive an expectation for the first week IMO, unless she can replicate the 2M views TikTok post from last month. If it happens, great. It will chart well on iTunes, since she’s pushing pre-sales. 

To clarify, she's not promoting pre-sales, she's promoting pre-saves which is a totally different thing. In terms of the overall success of the song, while it would be nice and all to chart well on iTunes doing so doesn't  really mean a whole lot regarding the overall success of the song since you don't need that many sales even to chart #1 on that general chart. Generating a lot of Spotify (and Apple Music) pre-saves on the other hand can influence the trajectory of the song's streams a lot. The more pre-saves a song gets the more playlist placements it is likely to get and also better placements on those playlists including the big one, the New Music Friday playlist.  I remember Brynn got a good placement on that list, I'm thinking it was for "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" since her label sponsored a contest for pre-saves of that song. Even if you only have a free Spotify account you can still pre-save songs. If "Long Way Home" gets a good placement on the  New Music Friday playlist that will help get more streams which will lead to the song being added to more playlists and generate streams from that. Streaming is a big part of a song charting. Brynn has a decent amount of Spotify listeners for a new artist, but she needs to gain as much as possible and placement on these playlists is how new people find her and her single.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gmm99 said:

Without radio play, a song has to be either #1 on iTunes or really high on the Spotify 200 list for just about the entire week. That is a totally unrealistic expectation for this song. 

10 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

To clarify, she's not promoting pre-sales, she's promoting pre-saves which is a totally different thing. In terms of the overall success of the song, while it would be nice and all to chart well on iTunes doing so doesn't  really mean a whole lot regarding the overall success of the song since you don't need that many sales even to chart #1 on that general chart. Generating a lot of Spotify (and Apple Music) pre-saves on the other hand can influence the trajectory of the song's streams a lot. The more pre-saves a song gets the more playlist placements it is likely to get and also better placements on those playlists including the big one, the New Music Friday playlist.  I remember Brynn got a good placement on that list, I'm thinking it was for "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" since her label sponsored a contest for pre-saves of that song. Even if you only have a free Spotify account you can still pre-save songs. If "Long Way Home" gets a good placement on the  New Music Friday playlist that will help get more streams which will lead to the song being added to more playlists and generate streams from that. Streaming is a big part of a song charting. Brynn has a decent amount of Spotify listeners for a new artist, but she needs to gain as much as possible and placement on these playlists is how new people find her and her single.

You’re right. Sometimes I look at stuff too quickly and that’s what happened here. 

I just pre-saved it. 

6 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

I wondered how Andrew Jannakos managed to get "Gone Too Soon" on the Hot 100 back in September...shorter time frame in between TikTok video and Release date...?

5X as as many TikTok followers when it was released compared to Brynn. His was #1 on iTunes for several days. I’m not sure about streaming, but he currently has 1.1 million monthly Spotify listeners. If this song would have been out for Brynn’s 2M TikTok, it might have had a shot. I’m expectIng a new post shortly, and it needs to be a good one. Then another good one when it gets released. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Bynn talking about the release date. I think it might be good for her to go live (both Instagram and TikTok) sometime this weekend to talk a little bit more about how much it helps her to do the pre-saves. She explained a little on her IG story, but not as much in this video.

• Like 2

^
A regular post on Instagram explaining it too. I’m not sure how many people look at stories, but I’ll bet it’s a lot less than those who view the regular posts. Plus, the stories disappear after 24 hours. 

I agree 100% the pre-saves are huge. All of her efforts should be focused on that right now, on every one of her accounts. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Question....

Is Brandon still her manager?

EDIT: I don’t know how current Starstruck’s page is, but she’s not on there, and Kelly still is. Who knows. 

Nope. She was removed from there earlier this week. Kelly is still likely listed there because of the lawsuits where they claim to still represent her and she's made it very clear that they don't.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roundtown said:

Nope. She was removed from there earlier this week. Kelly is still likely listed there because of the lawsuits where they claim to still represent her and she's made it very clear that they don't.

Interesting. I had been wondering about this for a while. I see Pryor and Lee are still on there, but they both have a Blake connection. I still don’t know how Chevel’s deal with them fell through, but I’m more than OK with that now. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Brynn’s TikTok post from yesterday didn’t get many views. But, who cares, post another one! That’s how TikTok works. There’s very little rhyme or reason for which posts do well, and which don’t. Post a new one every single day until the song is released. After it’s released...keep posting. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Brynn posted an introductory video on her TikTok today briefly summing up who she is letting people know her EP is coming out later this Spring and asking people to pre-save Long Way Home. She had Long Way Home playing on the video and she included a portion of the first verse that she had only sung live before in that other video. That video seems like a good idea since a lot of her newer followers don't really know that much about her or they knew of her before, but aren't sure why she looks familiar to them. In the video she shows five thick notebooks which I'm assuming all contain songs she wrote for the EP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1