Season 17 Playoffs: Who will be Gwen's top 3?

steverx

Who will be Gwen's top 3?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Public Vote #1

• Kyndal Inskeep
    • Rose Short
    • Jake HaldenVang
    • Myracle Holloway
    • Joana Martinez
  2. 2. Public Vote #2

• Kyndal Inskeep
    • Rose Short
    • Jake HaldenVang
    • Myracle Holloway
    • Joana Martinez
  3. 3. Gwen's Save

• Kyndal Inskeep
    • Rose Short
    • Jake HaldenVang
    • Myracle Holloway
    • Joana Martinez

Gwen's team might easily be the strongest, as it is the only one with no truly weak link on it. So it's tough to call for me. But here goes.

I think that the two public votes, in either order, will go to Kyndal and Rose. They're Gwen's two most-loved and most-viewed artists thus far. Rose, in particular, has trended all across social media for all three of her performances up to this point. I can't see her not getting one of the public votes unless she really chokes, flops, or bombs in the Playoffs next week. And Kyndal could be a lock if she goes country again/gives another strong performance.

As for the save, I think that Gwen has good reasons to save any of Jake, Myracle, and Joana. But I think that it'll be between the former two. Jake is her rocker guy and will have that uniqueness, as well as being the only man on her team. Myracle has the touching abuse survivor backstory to her. But she runs the risk of being seen as too similar to Rose. I think that Joana might be counted out, because while she has an impressive voice for her age . . . does she really have anything else interesting to her onto which the viewers will latch? I don't think so. So . . . yeah. Either Jake or Myracle gets Gwen's save here.

Predict:

PV1: Kyndal Inskeep

PV2: Rose Short

Save: Jake HaldenVang

Want:

I will take this whole team over anyone going through on Team Kelly.

PV1: Jake HaldenVang

PV2: Joana Martinez

Save: Rose Short (but Myracle Holloway is soooo close too!)

Whoever here competes for the top 13 spot has a really good shot at getting it.

PV1: KYNDAL or Rose

Truly, I'm torn between these two. They're so good, for different reasons. For me, both these singers have been 3/3 in performances, pre-lives. Both of them had incredible knockouts -- wouldn't be a stretch to say the Top 2 knockout performances of the season, or at the very least both comfortably Top 5. I honestly think Rose on "Big White Room" executed the first truly top to bottom world class vocal performance of the season. Couldn't fault it in any way, and I've listened to it a bunch of times. Others have come close, including Kyndal, but Rose had the #1 single performance of the pre-lives for me. I have Kyndal edging Rose here because of personal genre preference (I lean indie/rock), but more because of the voting demographics of the show. Simply put, Kyndal can pull the country card. Actually so can Rose (she might surprise us!), but I figure it's way more likely Kyndal will (and probably should) lean country for Top 20 week (I would like her to sing "Somebody's Daughter"by Tenille Townes). On the subject of "auto-tune" (I prefer "post-production audio cleanup", which could include note-specific pitch correction), I'd like to point out that coaches singled out both these artists for good pitch and control for their performances in the room (before post-production).

PV2: ROSE or Kyndal

Let's just say I expect Kyndal and Rose to get through on the PV, barring a breakout performance by one or more of the other 3 Team Gwen members.

GWEN'S SAVE: JAKE (or Myracle or Joana, in that order of likelihood)

Again, tough to separate these three. They're all very good (to great) and have something different to offer. Myracle is the most emotive, and leaves her heart on the stage each time. She's also very experienced as a performer, so she's emotional but not at the expense of control and execution. She was montaged in the KOs, however, which perhaps gives us a clue that the TPTB have decided to clear the way for Rose on Team Gwen. Can't say I blame them, based on Rose's KO. Rose and Myracle would very conceivably split the vote going forward, so strategically speaking TPTB are right, and Gwen should heed them. All things equal, this does not bode well for Myracle. If she does have a breakout moment though, Gwen might vote with her heart instead of her head. This would be understandable. JAKE, though, is the most unique of the 3, and I would LOVE for a rocker to make the Top 13 (Top 8 even, dare I say). He has incredible range and tone, and so much potential. He also has the "cool" factor, so I'm leaning toward him being Gwen's choice. Joana is the teen girl Gwen has wanted on her team, and she's one heck of a vocalist to boot (absolutely astonishing for her age, and regardless of that too), but Gwen clearly also loves KAT on Team Blake, so I could see her rooting for Kat if she loses Joana, due to the whole Gwen/Blake family dynamic thingy. Tough decisions all round for Gwen though, and it'll come down to performances on the night. I feel Jake will be her default choice, strategically, and the save is his to lose. But if someone else has an undeniable performance, Gwen will go with her heart. Not to fret though, as there still is the wildcard. Any one of these 3 will have a great chance of out-performing the opposition (do we know if there'll be a 4-way sing-off?) and possibly winning the wildcard.

Everyone seems to be writing off Myracle, myself included (because of her KO montage), but her social media fan support numbers are making me think twice, a little bit. Her numbers are really quite strong, especially Facebook (she has the most FB fans out of ALL of the Top 20 :w00t: ). I know social media doesn't tell the whole picture, but imagine if she has a great performance on Monday (entirely possible, as she is very experienced and hasn't really faltered on stage thus far) and her strong fan support helps vote her through as part of Gwen's Top 2 (the other should be Kyndal)? That leaves Jake, Rose and Joana. Rose and Joana have the lowest social media numbers on TG. Jake is fairly strong. Given that, if this scenario comes to pass, I feel Gwen should save ROSE (who is her best pure vocalist. Joana is a great vocalist too, but I just feel Rose is more deserving of a break here vs. the far younger Joana). That would likely leave JAKE as Gwen's wildcard -- this is the best strategic situation for TG since Jake is from Charlotte, NC, so is EAST COAST. Joana is East Coast too (Florida), but Jake's fan support seems to be stronger. He's also the only true out-and-out rocker in the Top 20, so he is in his own lane and could really stand out in the Wildcard round.

Source: https://idolchatteryd.com/a-look-at-who-lea...-for-team-gwen/

Facebook

Myracle Holloway: 26,273

Jake HaldenVang: 5,871

Kyndal Inskeep: 815

Joana Martinez: 541

Rose Short: 254

Instagram

Kyndal Inskeep: 7,553

Myracle Holloway: 6,914

Rose Short: 4,855

Jake HaldenVang: 3,857

Joana Martinez: 3,630

Twitter

Jake HaldenVang: @HaldenVang: 2,010

Kyndal Inskeep: @kyndalinskeep 1,579

Myracle Holloway: @MyracleHollowayL 593

Rose Short: @IamRoseShort: 545

Joana Martinez: @joanamart1nez: 411

I think Kyndal will get one PV. I was thinking Rose for the second but after reading the thread and doing some digging, I think Jake could have a shot too and maybe even Myracle.

I'll go with Kyndal and Rose though, partially because it's also what I hope it is.

In that case, I hope - and think - Gwen would have Jake. Not even that I entirely love him but I do appreciate he fills a genre vacuum that no one else does and I'd like to see added to the mix. I really do like Myracle, but agree that if she doesn't get the PV over Rose, Gwen (and TPTB) will want to clear the lane more for Rose and yracle will end up the odd one out. I also really have liked Joana at times. And as Gwen's "little girl" I wouldn't entirely count her out of the save either, but because I - and Gwen - ultimately have to pick one, I'm leaning Jake at the moment. A blisteringly good performance by Myracle or Joana could give them a puncher's chance though, for sure.

I think Kyndal will get one PV. I was thinking Rose for the second but after reading the thread and doing some digging, I think Jake could have a shot too and maybe even Myracle.

I'll go with Kyndal and Rose though, partially because it's also what I hope it is.

In that case, I hope - and think - Gwen would have Jake. Not even that I entirely love him but I do appreciate he fills a genre vacuum that no one else does and I'd like to see added to the mix. I really do like Myracle, but agree that if she doesn't get the PV over Rose, Gwen (and TPTB) will want to clear the lane more for Rose and yracle will end up the odd one out. I also really have liked Joana at times. And as Gwen's "little girl" I wouldn't entirely count her out of the save either, but because I - and Gwen - ultimately have to pick one, I'm leaning Jake at the moment. A blisteringly good performance by Myracle or Joana could give them a puncher's chance though, for sure.

Wholehearted agree with you. My wish is also for Kyndal, Rose and Jake to be TG's Top 3, in that order. And yes, definitely "a puncher's chance" also, if it comes down to the wildcard and that coveted last spot in the Top 13.

Tragic how Kyndal got eliminated, thought for sure Gwen would save her if needed.

Yeah, I thought Gwen was saving either Jake or Kyndal. Gwen is a very emotional person so it seems like Myracle's backstory really moved her.

Edited by echoap

echoap said:

Bump :teehee:

I still can’t figure out how the Kyndal hype started :haha:

Kyndal was seen as a true contender to make Gwen's top three based largely on her Knockout. It was highly praised and greatly-viewed. Unfortunately, she choked and choked big-time with her Playoff performance. Had she sung it better or chosen a different one entirely, one more suitable for her, she'd have likely knocked it out of the park and gotten the public vote. Or if not that, at least gotten the votes to compete for the Wildcard.

I understand that people are bummed for her. I am, too. But ultimately, Kyndal did blow it.

Edited by Rodney