The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Parijita has given the weakest performance on Team Legend for two weeks in a row now.

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Let's be honest, she never topped her audition. I strongly doubt she will do it next week🤷

7 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

It was better than last week but yeah I lowkey agree

Kim and Omar's experience is greatly benefiting them

. . . And?  Given her being on the team with Omar and Kim, it's expected.  She's still stronger than several of the others still in the game.

• Like 6

Just now, Hsamid said:

Kim's "always on my mind" is her best live performance, and best rendition on the voice. Yes, better than Judith's..

I still think tonight is vocally her least perfect performance.

I didn't like "Always On My Mind", but I do like "LOTB".

Btw, slay with the profile pic.

40 minutes ago, Rodney said:

. . . And?  Given her being on the team with Omar and Kim, it's expected.  She's still stronger than several of the others still in the game.

Disagree.

At this point in the competition, she's only better than Bryce, Rowan and Brayden.

I have everyone else above her vocally.

That's not really a knock on her, but all of Kique, Omar, Kim, Morgan, Bodie and Justin have been great vocally, and certainly not as pitchy as her.

Edited by Hsamid

I guess this belongs to the unpopular opinion thread:

Some will say Reagan Strange's downfall began with robegate. Some will say Reagan Strange's downfall began with Cry. Some will say Reagan Strange's downfall began with Complicated.

Don't let them fool you. Reagan Strange doesn't even deserve a chair in the first place. I still have nightmare with that nasty "meant to be meant to be" voice. Terrible song btw.

• Like 2

Basically a Kique post.

- Kique gave the best vocal performance during the top 10 round.

- I'd also say vocally, Kique has been the most technically consistent male vocalist. The only time he's been pitchy was his first IS, and none of the remaining male contestants have had to perform in that situation yet.

- lastly, he's the best teen singer this season. I've had him over Parijita ever since the KO's

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/29/2022 at 2:00 AM, zjc19951109 said:

I guess this belongs to the unpopular opinion thread:

Some will say Reagan Strange's downfall began with robegate. Some will say Reagan Strange's downfall began with Cry. Some will say Reagan Strange's downfall began with Complicated.

Don't let them fool you. Reagan Strange doesn't even deserve a chair in the first place. I still have nightmare with that nasty "meant to be meant to be" voice. Terrible song btw.

I agree. She should have never turned a chair. Her audition wasn’t good.

8 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’d like to see Parijita and Omar show some artistry…make songs their own in some way. 

Parijita did a super interesting jazzy version of "All I Ask" on her Instagram. She was playing the piano on it too. Wish she'd show some of that artistry on the show.

Re “artistry” , some contestants are allowed to flip songs while some don’t have much say in terms of arrangement and even the song choice is not their own.

And some songs are better left alone instead of being rearranged to a point where the melody is unrecognizable.

I didn’t like Kim’s version of “Believe“. I think she did too much and the message of the song was lost.

i also didn’t like Morgan’s interpretation of “Tennessee Whiskey.” She’s probably trying to convey passion and emotion but it looked like she had some Tennessee whiskey, and she came across somewhat angry near the end. If she’s supposed to be angry, then that part was convincing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Quinton said:

Bryce Leatherwood actually  deserved his 2 victories over Kate Kalvach because he stayed true to his country brand while she was too busy being theatrical 

Perfect thread for this post. Definitely an unpopular opinion. 😊 Some of us LOVE Kate's "theatrics"? As you call

it. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, CocoaPuffs said:

idk if this unpopular but anyone here watch the X factor live in 2010?  Brayden gives me nostalgia of when Harry Styles was on the X Factor in a sense lol he has a very similar likability and charm to him that draws you in similar to Harry. Is it just me?

Brayden Lape is definitely another Hunter Hayes because they are both nasally country singers that incorporate pop sounds