The CBS RTV Rankdown

Alex95

ELISSA SLATER

tumblr_mq5ybr734o1qgnbr0o1_500.gif?resiz

Elissa Slater competed on the controversial Big Brother 15. She is the sister of former Big Brother winner Rachel Reilly, which the houseguests found out within the first week of the game. This made her a target early on, but she benefited from the season’s MVP twist. Each week the viewers would vote for one of the Houseguests to be the MVP, and the MVP can secretly nominate a third Houseguest for eviction. Rachel's popularity and Elissa's underdog status contributed to Elissa winning the MVP three weeks in a row. When the other Houseguests learned of Elissa's connection to Rachel, some of them decided to weaponize Elissa instead of targeting her. McCrae nominated Elissa in the first week as a pawn, and the intended target David was the first one evicted. Aaryn (who would become Elissa's nemesis in the game) wanted Elissa gone when she won the HoH competition in the second week of the game. However, the MVP twist sent Nick out of the house instead. Elissa did try to work a deal with Nick beforehand, but he disregarded her. So, it was fair for Elissa to play a part in his eviction. Although Houseguests like Amanda, McCrae, and Andy were opportunistically aligning with Elissa to weaponize the MVP twist, Elissa did have true allies in Helen and Candice. And in the third week of the game, Elissa's Mom Squad ally Helen won HoH. The MVP twist wasn't so crucial this time as Helen was able to successfully backdoor Jeremy and send him out the house. The game was starting to turn around for Elissa at this point in the season, but America became the MVP for the remainder of the twist. Elissa was voted on the block, but she saved herself with the Power of Veto. Elissa avoided the block the next couple of weeks, but she found herself on the block next to her ally Helen in the eighth week of the game. Elissa saved herself with the Veto and was the sole vote to keep Helen in the house at the eviction. Elissa then won the following HoH, and she sent Aaryn out of the game (although she contemplated evicting Amanda instead). Although Amanda and Elissa worked together in the early stages of the game, they didn't have the best relationship and Amanda became truly awful towards her. Nonetheless, Elissa saw the benefit of keeping Amanda in the game when GinaMarie targeted her for eviction. However, the plan didn't work out. And sadly, Elissa ended up going home in the double eviction episode. But not all was lost as Elissa was voted America’s Favorite Houseguest and won the $25,000 prize that came with it. We next saw Elissa compete on The Amazing Race with her sister Rachel years later, and I hope Elissa had more fun on The Amazing Race than she did on Big Brother. I doubt Elissa would agree to play Big Brother again after how some of the Houseguests treated her in Season 15, but kudos to her on being one of the Houseguests to be voted America's Favorite and taking home the $25,000 prize.

tenor.gif?itemid=7216694

Overall, Elissa was one of the only people worth rooting for in Big Brother 15. She was in some ways the underdog hero of the season. Despite being on the outs very early on, she managed to survive long enough to make it to sixth place. Although she was aloof and had a tendency for being blunt, she was a nice person and one of the only non-problematic people in the toxic Big Brother 15 house. She wasn't afraid to call out the hateful behavior in the house, and it was fitting that Elissa was the one to send the vile Aaryn out of the house. As for her gameplay, it was clear that Elissa was there to play the game. She didn't want to just coast on by, but the environment of the house forced her to stay in survival mode for so long. Nonetheless, Elissa had a mind of her own and made decisions herself (such as refusing to nominate Howard as the third nominee and trying to keep Amanda before Amanda's eviction). Elissa, Helen, and Candice were the only bright spots in Big Brother 15, and Elissa happens to be my favorite of this season. Although Elissa's MVP wins was largely due to the fact that she's Rachel sister, Elissa gained fans of her own throughout the season and deservedly won the title of America's Favorite Houseguest. Anyway, I really like Elissa and it's a shame to eliminate her from the rankdown, but at least I get to be the one to post her write-up.

And I’m saving Queen Sandra Diaz-Twine.

727229b5b8222f9c726041f070d456bc.gif

Edited by Steven_

Yul Kwon

tumblr_n6i2x3TbEV1sq0qzoo6_400.gifv

The only cut I would have made out of the remaining noms was Yul or Natalie and seeing how the Yul cut got changed to a Elissa cut I'm going to cut Yul right now. You can't even claim it's petty out of these nominations because every choice is a hard one. Since Elissa got cut then I must save Rachel. Yul Kwon is a Survivor legend and he is really hot too I might add. Yul Kwon is the sole Survivor of Survivor: Cook Islands and he later competed on Survivor: Winners at War. He is Survivor's first Asian-American winner so that is really special. He won in a 5-4-0 vote. Survivor: Winners at War is currently still airing so all I can tell you is Yul is still competing on that show.

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

I would assume the nom's.  At least they are less offensive then Fifis.  

All of these noms are going to get progressively harder from here though.  Theres not much left in the way of fodder.

Sola is correct, I don’t see them as offensive, but a lot of faves of mine that I think objectively should be going far. 

56 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Oufff the remaining noms :( 

I know. I wish they could all be saved. 😢 

Ooh looked at the list again - I think i know which 2 I want to stay and which 2 I want to go..... but not sure if that's gonna happen. Gah we'll see.

36 minutes ago, DScott said:

Sola is correct, I don’t see them as offensive, but a lot of faves of mine that I think objectively should be going far. 

Yeah I also agree. I do think these noms are fine in the sense that it's not offensive towards one specific gender/race at least.

ABI MARIA GOMES

abi-heart.gif?resize=268,177

giphy.gif

Abi Maria's time here is probably coming to an end soon anyways so this is a fine position for her. I do like her a lot, she's a fun character and player, never afraid to speak her mind which always serves for good TV. She was on Phillipines and Cambodia where she placed 5th and 7th. She was much more iconic on Cambodia where her and her Witches Coven alliance of Ciera, Kass, and Wentworth provided some great season moments, primarily the Savage boot tribal council where Wentworth idoled him out and Abi barked at him as he was leaving. Iconic moment. Abi's a fun character and great to watch. It would be fun to see her play with Sandra, they'd be at each others necks all season.

12 minutes ago, FlavorfulFifi said:

ABI MARIA GOMES

abi-heart.gif?resize=268,177

giphy.gif

Abi Maria's time here is probably coming to an end soon anyways so this is a fine position for her. I do like her a lot, she's a fun character and player, never afraid to speak her mind which always serves for good TV. She was on Phillipines and Cambodia where she placed 5th and 7th. She was much more iconic on Cambodia where her and her Witches Coven alliance of Ciera, Kass, and Wentworth provided some great season moments, primarily the Savage boot tribal council where Wentworth idoled him out and Abi barked at him as he was leaving. Iconic moment. Abi's a fun character and great to watch. It would be fun to see her play with Sandra, they'd be at each others necks all season.

Your best writeup to date ❤️ 

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah I had every race / gender covered it was an equal opportunity set of noms :giggle: 

At least you spread it out. 😛 

42 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Ugh I feared this would happen when I wasn’t able to cut right away. LOL.

Literally have no idea what I’m going to do. :( 

Ughh I know, I was hoping it wouldn't come down to that.

i don't even know who/how to suggest here. Both are absolute legends and all-time favorites.