The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I mean being a contestant on the voice isn’t the best exposure in the first place, but if someone was already on the voice I’m a previous season, why not come back? A little trivial additional exposure is better than no exposure.

How many contestants have followed the same failed strategy of debuting a song on the following season’s result show? Sales are usually lackluster, which gives the label an excuse to not promote the song or the artist. Take a different path.

Even if it’s just a performance of “Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” I doubt singing that on the show would have a huge impact on sales or streams, whether it’s Maelyn or Brynn.

1. Brynn is going to sing her Xmas song on Kelly’s talk show on 12/20.

2. JHud is going to sing Memory from Cats the movie on the Voice finale.

3. If anyone else is coming back, it’s going to be Adam Levine & Maroon 5. Memories is one of the biggest songs out there right now.

ETA: I just realized Memory and Memories. So weird!

Edited by AngelaKD

How many contestants have followed the same failed strategy of debuting a song on the following season’s result show? Sales are usually lackluster, which gives the label an excuse to not promote the song or the artist. Take a different path.

Even if it’s just a performance of “Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” I doubt singing that on the show would have a huge impact on sales or streams, whether it’s Maelyn or Brynn.

That’s what I meant. It won’t impact much, but a small amount of exposure even if the impact is trivial, is better than no impact whatsoever.

From twitter

“ Today’s tea:

)         )        )

)     (         )       )   

_(___(____)____(___(__ _

\     First 4-Coach      /

\          finale in        / __  

\ SEVEN seasons/     |

\  starts   /——

\    Monday! /

\_____________/”

They’ve wanted this for a long time

From twitter

“ Today’s tea:

)         )        )

)     (         )       )   

_(___(____)____(___(__ _

\     First 4-Coach      /

\          finale in        / __  

\ SEVEN seasons/     |

\  starts   /——

\    Monday! /

\_____________/”

They’ve wanted this for a long time

I mean if they pimped Ali and Hunter more they could have had it in season 11 and 12 as well.

Pimping Ali - Wtf with the performance slot? have her perform in the second hour, and in the instant save, GIVE HER THE LAST PERFORMING SLOT.

Result - Ali gets PV, We gets IS, or Ali gets IS.

Pimping Hunter - Switch Aliyah's and Hunter's performance slot, if he is still in the instant save, then oh well.

Result - Hunter gets PV, Jesse still gets IS.

If Aliyah still got the PV in season 12 then oh well, but Hunter was close to that PV so pimping him could have sent him through.

That’s what I meant. It won’t impact much, but a small amount of exposure even if the impact is trivial, is better than no impact whatsoever.

And...what about the label having an excuse to not promote them?

I think it was different during the early seasons, but this audience does not care anymore. They really need to blaze their own trail. I see evidence of two recent winners doing that right now....Chevel and Chloe. There are obviously no guarantees for either of them. It's a tough business. Would Chevel come back to debut a song on the show? I hope not, but my hunch is she probably would. At least she's not sitting around, waiting to do it.

Edited by TeamAudra

I mean if they pimped Ali and Hunter more they could have had it in season 11 and 12 as well.

Pimping Ali - Wtf with the performance slot? have her perform in the second hour, and in the instant save, GIVE HER THE LAST PERFORMING SLOT.

Result - Ali gets PV, We gets IS, or Ali gets IS.

Pimping Hunter - Switch Aliyah's and Hunter's performance slot, if he is still in the instant save, then oh well.

Result - Hunter gets PV, Jesse still gets IS.

If Aliyah still got the PV in season 12 then oh well, but Hunter was close to that PV so pimping him could have sent him through.

Noah in S13 too if he’d sent out a tweet. He would’ve been in over Red easily but he never sent out a tweet.

Noah in S13 too if he’d sent out a tweet. He would’ve been in over Red easily but he never sent out a tweet.

It’s an open secret that a relatively large percentage of Voice contestants have NO interest in winning. Noah hit his limit by the semi-final. He’s spoken about it publicly. He was ready to leave.

They kept trying to get him to sing boy band songs and he wanted no part of it.

Edited by AngelaKD

And...what about the label having an excuse to not promote them?

I think it was different during the early seasons, but this audience does not care anymore. They really need to blaze their own trail. I see evidence of two recent winners doing that right now....Chevel and Chloe. There are obviously no guarantees for either of them. It's a tough business. Would Chevel come back to debut a song on the show? I hope not, but my hunch is she probably would. At least she's not sitting around, waiting to do it.

They do not have an excuse. If I was on the show and for some reason got signed and the label did not promote me, I’d have to take it in my hands. If I was offered a chance to come back to perform I’d take it and gain 3-4 more fans, rather than avoid it and gain zero fans.

For the record I’m not saying use it as their only opportunity but as an additional opportunity

Edited by xfactor22

It’s an open secret that a relatively large percentage of Voice contestants have NO interest in winning. Noah hit his limit by the semi-final. He’s spoken about it publicly. He was ready to leave.

I hope he at least gave Jennifer a heads up about that. Sounds pretty dickish of him to essentially screw her over like that.

I hope he at least gave Jennifer a heads up about that. Sounds pretty dickish of him to essentially screw her over like that.

He didn’t actually do anything affirmatively to sabotage himself. He gave a perfectly good performance. He merely refrained from asking people to vote for him. Unless Jennifer’s contract said she got paid more if she had a finalist, it was no skin off her nose.

It was obvious he wasn’t going to win, but it has to be a meat grinder to spend several weeks in that environment. He was probably stressed out. Understandable.

I'm aware, but if he'd gotten through instead of Red (which he was totally capable of doing), it would've been the absolute perfect finale. :wub:

Depends on the state of his mental health at the time. Sometimes free stuff isn’t worth it. Or, maybe nobody told him there would be a free car....

Exactly. Same thing happened to TJW. He wanted out really bad. We don't know what they have to go through behind the scenes. Some contestants have hinted at it being brutal if you're not TCO.

Same thing happened with Britton. He went MIA on SM the night of the semis. We thought he wanted out. I found out he had some heavy personal stuff going on at the time. He recovered in time to rile up his fanbase for the finals.

Exactly. Same thing happened to TJW. He wanted out really bad. We don't know what they have to go through behind the scenes. Some contestants have hinted at it being brutal if you're not TCO.

Same thing happened with Britton. He went MIA on SM the night of the semis. We thought he wanted out. I found out he had some heavy personal stuff going on at the time. He recovered in time to rile up his fanbase for the finals.

Imagine the school aged contestants having to manage that too. Pretty sure Noah was still in school. It takes a unique individual to be able to handle all of that at a young age.

Imagine the school aged contestants having to manage that too. Pretty sure Noah was still in school. It takes a unique individual to be able to handle all of that at a young age.

:yes: And maybe Britton really did want out but changed his mind at the last minute. Only he knows what the truth is.