The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

Just now, *Chris said:

I clearly have a preference but I think Shangela will win? 

She seemed like an early frontrunner but sadly Morgan, DeLa, Aja, Chi Chi and Milk just had to send their ballots in. :broken:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Shangela or Bianca. I thought Bianca had this win snatched, but I feel like she received a low ranking from Lily and Vee. LOL.

All three left were in the top half of Vee's ballot. :P

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Shangela or Bianca. I thought Bianca had this win snatched, but I feel like she received a low ranking from Lily and Vee. LOL.

I’ll be happy with whoever, I want Bianca but I think you may be right with Lily? 

03. KATYA (AS2, 2ND/3RD)

wpid-wp-1435973735919-1016x1024.png

AVERAGE: 5.5

RANKINGS:

Derek - 2

Public - 3

Vee - 3

Zoey - 4

Lily - 8

Dee - 13

PUBLIC:

Andrew - 1

Kay - 1

Elliott - 3

Andy - 4

JC - 4

Chris - 7

Megan - 10

Tom - 13

Victoria - 13

DEREK:

Look at my signature. Look at it.

Before AS2 happened, Katya and Alaska were my two favorites of all time. AS2 is probably the best season of a reality competition show that has ever been made. Just think of how thrilling it was for ME to see those two walk into the workroom a second time and then crush it all the way to the top. I am one of those people who truly truly truly believe that Katya is the true runner-up of AS2. Detox is great, but Kayta wins IMO. Everyone knows that Katya should have won more lip syncs so I won't get into that. Hopefully Dee will have a nice long write-up about her entire journey. I'll just hit the main point:  1980s lesbian literary agent, disinterested pissed off Ellen Barkin fantasy.

I love Alaska. Probably my favorite of all time. But the BEST BEST BEST part of AS2 is how bothered Alaska was by Katya. How threatened. How absolutely shook and in the palm of Kayta's hand. 

Look at my signature. Look at it.

This is the greatest video ever made. Katya coming back with "Party" after Alaska tried to shade her and call her Adore is iconic. Katya literally caused Alaska's breakdown where she tried to PayPal people $10K. ALASKA WAS TALKING TO KATYA IN THAT MOMENT. It's really a damn shame that Katya didn't win this lip sync JUST FOR THE DRAMA OF IT. 

And then Katya making Top 4 with Rolaskatox was also unbelievably amazing. Rolaskatox watching Katya murder the choreography with Travis/Nick/Mark, doing splits and gymnastics... truly one of my favorite moments ever in any show. THEY WERE SHOOOOOOOK. Shook. Katya telling Alaska that she wants to win. Amazing. Alaska having another breakdown about possibly losing to the person who isn't in Rolaskatox. It doesn't get any better than that. Of course, we know Alaska won in the end, but having Katya there the entire time on her tails is part of what makes AS2 such a work of art. Love love love Katya thank you everyone for getting her here where she deserves

ELLIOTT:

Should've won Cherry Bomb. Then Roxxxy would've been eliminated and we've had Tatianna and Alyssa in the Top 5. End of story. But actually... not really. I can't deny Alaska slayed AS2, but I was still #TeamKatya. Alaska sucked in the makeover and should've been eliminated then, and that's the tea.

VEE:

tumblr_oea9kbHuYj1qlvwnco2_500.gif

I really liked Katya in season 7 but All Stars 2 just made me love her a lot. I think I didn't expect her to excel but I expected her to go quite far because she was obviously a fan favourite and also because I believed in her as a queen competing. Her only competition in season 7 was herself. Her inner saboteur. So, I thought she'd be more confident in All Stars compared to her first run. Well, she was! She did really well and she was actually my number 1 favourite in the competition. I wanted her to win so badly. I still didn't understand how she was in the bottom for her Princess Diana when there were Ru laughs in her performance. I guess it was boring compared to the others but what can you really do with Princes Diana and her lines in the song? Anyway, whatever. She slayed the snatch game and the makeover. I loved it. I was nervous for the snatch game because I didn't know how you can make Bjork funny but Katya obviously did it! For the makeovers, I was nervous too because her mother was old and I thought they'd have a hard time but they proved me wrong! I did expect Katya to do well in the Marketing their Brand challenge because she excels in comedy. I still stand by that Katya deserved to win at least 2 lip syncs.

Her iconic Read U Wrote U verse will always be one of the most iconic verses in the show. Katya set the standards for it and I don't think anyone has topped it yet. Don't @ me, Maury. The accent, the wordplay, the comedy, the performance, the charisma, the uniqueness, the nerve, the talent, the herpes sore, etc. Are you ready for this Cold War? No!

ZOEY: 

718e65407ec7709b1871c9f327113c5f.gif
I wasn't a big Katya fan throughout season seven because I was too busy fangirling Violet and Pearl. Katya was always just there, imo. Her drag kind of faded in to the background due to Violet and Pearl's being so amazing. Their looks sh*t on everyone else's due to the fact that the others either looked cheap or old. I get Katya was a fan favourite throughout the show but I wasn't that thrilled to see her return. I think she had ample opportunity to show us something different throughout season seven and she just didn't. She entered the workroom and I still wasn't thrilled. Another cheap looking outfit that we've all seen somewhere before. She then started to slowly win me over after the talent show. I always enjoy it when a queen shows a real talent and doesn't just stand and pretend she can sing.

340?cb=20170614023437

The second episode surprised us with Snatch Game. It seemed pretty early but I'm always happy to see this challenge. Katya did an amazing job! She did an alright job on season seven but she kept up with the likes of Alaska and Alyssa, who are huuuuuuuuuuge personalities. This was the moment that she won me over. :wub: It was the first time that Katya had truly shone on the show, imo. Obviously I wanted Alyssa to walk away with the crown but after her first and second eliminations - I was Team Katya and Team Alaska. Mainly Team Katya after Alaska's repulsive meltdown and self-entitleness.

She did exactly what I wanted from her and her looks came on leaps and bounds. It didn't seem cheap anymore! Some delivered some fantastic looks throughout the season.

source.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8512368
BewitchedHappygoluckyBaiji-size_restrict
tumblr_oeo26gSpGV1rpaylno4_250.gife6622d163eee57a568af83f59ab5303c.gif

She was robbed of so many wins. How did she not win a lip-sync? She deserved to win "Cherry Bomb" and "Step It Up". I don't even think those lip-syncs were close for the other queen to win. I think someone said that she didn't try as hard sometimes so that she didn't have to send someone home? I guess that bit her in the ass eventually as her track record couldn't stand up to Alaska's. I genuinely would've loved for Katya to win All Stars and it's a shame that she didn't.

CHRIS: 

I absolute love Katya, and should have won AS2. Unfortunately for Katya, I prefer other queens more so I am giving her a placement of 7th.

LILY: 

I love Katya, and although I don't think she should have joint-won last year's rankdown I still think that should have been solely Manila but oh well, I can't be mad at it because it's Katya. She's iconic. I may not adore her as much as the rabid and unhinged Trixie & Katya stans on Twitter. But there's no denying that Katya makes an amazing contribution to any season she's on. She's so great in the confessionals (her reaction to seeing her mom in the makeover challenge is still so hilarious to me). And she had a lot of great highlights - her Bjork Snatch Game was hilarious, her commercial was brilliant and she was so great with her mom in the makeover too. She deserved to win the "Cherry Bomb" lip-sync too IMO and then we would have had Roxxxy out at 6th, and a super strong top 5. But we can't have nice things. Katya also being shaded by Alaska at the start of that next episode by calling her Adore, and then simply saying "party :)" to her later on whilst Alaska was having her emotional meltdown pleading to stay? An iconic moment which made me love her even more. Katya's so great, who knows she could do a Yamaguchi in this thing. But I'm happy placing her here.

DEE:

giphy.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

LbYHvFK.gif

"Счастливые голодные игры, Суки!"

"I'm here to show America that I've become a total f*cking monster."

"Ginger Minj, in my eyes, the true winner of Season 7 of...TLC's I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant."

"Roxxxy Andrews, I think about you all the time, especially in the morning...at the bus stop."

"You're telling me that in addition to the $100,000 prize, we get $10,000 for each lip sync we win? That means I could walk out of here with at least $300,000...what, I didn't go to f*cking school for math."

"I am bombarded with a cacophony of demonic voices in my head telling me: YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH."

"My mother? I hate that f*cking c*nt...just kidding!"

"Party."

"Henny...Henny...Henny...HA HA HA HA"

"Yekaterina. Petrovna. Zamolodchikova. 

But your dad, just calls me...KATYA.

I'm the bright red scare with the long, blonde hair

Always keep 'em coming back for more.

You're a basic ass hoe and it's your time to go

So, bitch, let me show you the door.

'Cause it's me who's getting laid, and I'm always getting paid

The only high-class Russian whore. 

I'm a scorching hot-mess in a skin-tight dress

That's a rash, not a herpes sore.

Lenin in the streets, Dostoyevsky in the sheets

Baby, are you ready for this Cold War?

Katya Zamolodchikova."

"Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, Talent. What do these qualities have in common? I don't know I am not a scientist. I stand here, a charismatic woman, of grace and dignity, with a unique sense of humor and point of view. In Season 7, you let me show the world that I'm good enough and here, you let me believe it myself and I can't thank you enough for that. As they say in Russia: я звезда - навсегда. спасибо большое."

"I have a carburetor outside that I just have to do some work on."

Every single second of watching Katya on All-Stars 2 is a gift. There has never been a more incredible season than All-Stars 2, and there has never been a more incredible journey than the one Katya took this second time-around. Eight episodes of iconic moments.

"Reading is Fundamental" slayage. 

Gymnastics Talent Realness.

Björk in Snatch Game. 

Latex Eleganza.

The iconically badass + bad Princess Diana. 

The iconically bad Future of Drag Look.

Velma & Weezy. 

Iconic Two-in-One Look.

Krisis Kontrol by Katya. 

Pants on the Runway.

Svetlana Borisnova.

"Read U Wrote U."

Pure perfection. Katya on All-Stars 2 is pure perfection and the peak of Drag Race television in my opinion. Katya had already cemented herself as my favorite drag queen on Earth after Season 7, but All-Stars 2 cemented Katya as a true legend. She really holds a special place in my heart for so many reasons, many of which I will not get into for the sake of Elliott.

But Katya really is the most special contestant in Drag Race history. Her continued success + ultimate fan favorite status after All-Stars 2 is indicative of exactly the incredible person and artist that she is.

I know that she will not win this year like she did the last. RPDR Rankdown 1.0 spoiled me by allowing my top two favorite drag queens to tie for the win. This year I am just happy to see Katya in the finals again and hear everybody talk about how incredible she is.

And if they don't, f*ck 'em. 🙂

MEGAN:

why is this queen here

BIANCA DEL RIO vs SHANGELA...

ONE QUEEN WILL WIN IT ALL...

FIND OUT WHO, TONIGHT.

Ok work at this top 2. Happy either way it goes (I think it's obvious who I placed where of the final two, but I actually kinda forgot I placed one of them lower than I did. :haha:)

Love Katya too but excited for a new winner.

PUBLIC RANKINGS

ANDREW @sublymonal

1. Katya AS2

3. Manila Luzon S3

4. Jujubee S2

5. Monique Heart AS4

6. Shea Coulée S9

7. Cheryl Hole UK1

8. Aquaria S10

9. Sharon Needles S4

10. Adore Delano S6

11. Courtney Act S6

13. Jinkx Monsoon S5

14. Naomi Smalls AS4

ANDY @#jeah

1. Monique Heart AS4

2. Aquaria S10

3. Adore Delano S6

4. Katya AS2

7. Jinkx Monsoon S5

8. Cheryl Hole UK1

9. Courtney Act S6

10. Jujubee S2

11. Shea Coulée S9

12. Naomi Smalls AS4

13. Manila Luzon S3

14. Sharon Needles S4

CHRIS @*Chris

2. Manila Luzon S3

3. Courtney Act S6

4. Jinkx Monsoon S5

6. Jujubee S2

7. Katya AS2

8. Shea Coulée S9

9. Sharon Needles S4

10. Adore Delano S6

11. Naomi Smalls AS4

12. Monique Heart AS4

13. Cheryl Hole UK1

14. Aquaria S10

ELLIOTT @Elliott

1. Shea Coulée S9

3. Katya AS2

4. Monique Heart AS4

6. Jujubee S2

7. Manila Luzon S3

8. Cheryl Hole UK1

9. Sharon Needles S4

10. Courtney Act S6

11. Adore Delano S6

12. Aquaria S10

13. Jinkx Monsoon S5

14. Naomi Smalls AS4

JC @JC

1. Manila Luzon S3

2. Jujubee S2

3. Aquaria S10

4. Katya AS2

5. Cheryl Hole UK1

6. Jinkx Monsoon S5

8. Naomi Smalls AS4

9. Courtney Act S6

10. Adore Delano S6

11. Monique Heart AS4

12. Sharon Needles S4

13. Shea Coulée S9

KAY @~*8Kay8*~

1. Katya AS2

2. Manila Luzon S3

3. Shea Coulée S9

6. Adore Delano S6

7. Sharon Needles S4

8. Monique Heart AS4

9. Aquaria S10

10. Courtney Act S6

11. Naomi Smalls AS4

12. Jinkx Monsoon S5

13. Jujubee S2

14. Cheryl Hole UK1

MEGAN @totes4totes

3. Jinkx Monsoon S5

4. Aquaria S10

5. Monique Heart AS4

6. Shea Coulée S9

7. Sharon Needles S4

8. Courtney Act S6

9. Jujubee S2

10. Katya AS2

11. Adore Delano S6

12. Naomi Smalls AS4

13. Cheryl Hole UK1

14. Manila Luzon S3

TOM @~Tom~

2. Manila Luzon S3

3. Aquaria S10

5. Jinkx Monsoon S5

6. Courtney Act S6

7. Sharon Needles S4

8. Shea Coulée S9

9. Monique Heart AS4

10. Jujubee S2

11. Naomi Smalls AS4

12. Adore Delano S6

13. Katya AS2

14. Cheryl Hole UK1

VICTORIA @1234567890

1. Manila Luzon S3

2. Jujubee S2

3. Adore Delano S6

4. Sharon Needles S4

5. Jinkx Monsoon S5

6. Shea Coulée S9

7. Aquaria S10

8. Monique Heart AS4

9. Naomi Smalls AS4

10. Cheryl Hole UK1

12. Courtney Act S6

13. Katya AS2

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Of course the one time my rankings do well, it's as part of the public vote in a rankdown I'm hosting. :dead:

Same here :haha:

Looking at the remaining ranking, Shangela have this. 

DEE

1. Jinkx Monsoon S5

2. Sharon Needles S4

4. Adore Delano S6

5. Shea Coulée S9

7. Jujubee S2

8. Monique Heart AS4

9. Aquaria S10

10. Courtney Act S6

11. Cheryl Hole UK1

12. Naomi Smalls AS4

13. Katya AS2 (mandatory)

14. Manila Luzon S3 (mandatory)

DEREK

2. Katya AS2

4. Aquaria S10

5. Jinkx Monsoon S5

6. Naomi Smalls AS4

7. Sharon Needles S4

8. Adore Delano S6

9. Courtney Act S6

10. Manila Luzon S3

11. Monique Heart AS4

12. Jujubee S2

13. Cheryl Hole UK1

14. Shea Coulée S9 (mandatory)

LILY

2. Shea Coulée S9

3. Aquaria S10

4. Naomi Smalls AS4

5. Jujubee S2

6. Manila Luzon S3

7. Courtney Act S6

8. Katya AS2

10. Jinkx Monsoon S5

11. Adore Delano S6

12. Sharon Needles S4

13. Monique Heart AS4 (mandatory)

14. Cheryl Hole UK1 (mandatory)

VEE

1. Manila Luzon S3

2. Jujubee S2

3. Katya AS2

5. Cheryl Hole UK1

6. Jinkx Monsoon S5

8. Adore Delano S6

9. Sharon Needles S4

10. Shea Coulée S9

11. Aquaria S10

12. Monique Heart AS4

13. Naomi Smalls AS4

14. Courtney Act S6 (mandatory)

ZOEY

2. Adore Delano S6

3. Monique Heart AS4

4. Katya AS2

6. Sharon Needles S4

7. Jinkx Monsoon S5

8. Cheryl Hole UK1

9. Jujubee S2

10. Aquaria S10

11. Shea Coulée S9

12. Courtney Act S6

13. Manila Luzon S3

14. Naomi Smalls AS4 (mandatory)

PUBLIC

2. Manila Luzon S3

3. Katya AS2

5. Jujubee S2

5. Aquaria S10

5. Shea Coulée S9

8. Monique Heart AS4

9. Jinkx Monsoon S5

10. Adore Delano S6

11. Sharon Needles S4

11. Courtney Act S6

13. Cheryl Hole UK1

14. Naomi Smalls AS4

This is a really good placement for Katya. I think she was able to show some growth from her original season to All Stars. Always live for a growth storyline. :wub: She was my winner by the end of All Stars 2.

Amaaaaaazing top two. ❤️ I wanted to bump Monique and Adore up a few spots so that’s why I voted the way I did but Shangela & Bianca are definitely in my top three queens ever. They’re amazing.