Elliott - 2

Kay - 4

Tom - 4

Andy - 5

Chris - 5

JC - 7

Victoria - 14

DEREK:

Apparently there exist people in the world who dislike Shangela. That is unfortunate. Those people are wrong. Shangela in S3 was one of the best reality show contestants ever. Shangela in AS3? Wow. What did we do to deserve to be blessed like this. I went into AS3 knowing that Shangela would be my favorite. I already knew. Because I love Shangela. Remember in Season 3 when the judges kept saying "wow she's so talented but maybe drag is not really where she wants to put that talent." WOW they look like fools. Shangela's drag in AS3 was impeccable. She already had the best talking heads of the entire series. She already was the most charismatic queen alive. She already was amazing at acting and comedy and improv and EVERY type of challenge. But now she also had the looks, the makeup, the polish. Truly a professional. Shangela is one of the most mainstream queens, too. She was in Shallow. At the Oscars. Guest star on TV shows. She is a drag race icon and it is a real shame that the jury went the way it did. I guess you just never know behind the scenes. How could she only get 1 vote????????? Robbery. And the worst part is that we were robbed of the final lip sync performance and had to watch her walk to the back of the stage with all her reveals lol. What a poor way to end a rocky season. If Shangela won AS3 people wouldn't hate it so much. It's still a ratchet mess of challenges with soup cans and farting scripts, but people would at least be able to know that the right person won. Oh well. Maybe she will win here. It's what we all deserve.

LILY:

Well, she was already my #1 ranking, considering she's my all-time #1. That was cemented even more when I found out Victoria was giving her #14 based on a season run she hasn't even seen. But whatever. Let me do my best to give Shangela her dues in this write-up because she is an ICON. Nobody has the growth arc that she does. Going from Season 2, a young and busted queen who fell short, to Season 3, someone who only had an extra year under their belt and still had some shortcomings but showed her determination to do well and her cunningness. And then taking all those years off, and coming back to All-Stars 3 as what? A PROFESSIONAL. I ranked Shangela #1 in the rankdown last year and she remains my #1 this year too.

It just felt so good to see Shangela in her element. She came back with so much to prove and that she did. Her variety show performance was classic Shangela, it had so much of her which we knew and loved. She then came back in her true Mariah diva fantasy and did amazing in the Divas: Live performance, capturing the essence of Mariah, winning the lip-sync and redeeming herself in front of Vanessa Williams. She then did great in The Bitchelor and kept things going whilst Chi Chi was the weaker half. All while delivering one of my favorite Drag Race memes which is that pick of her in the glasses looking so serious. :dead: Shangela then made a maybe predictable, but genius choice in playing Jenifer Lewis for Snatch Game. It worked in her favor and led her to winning alongside DeLa.

Unfortunately we did learn in the next challenge that after all these years, sewing is still not Shangela's strong point :dead: She delivered a rough look for the ball and deserved her bottom 2 placement. But considering how amazing she had done up til then she deservedly stayed. She placed bottom 3 in the Kitty Girls challenge, reasonably speaking I think it was deserved but everyone did pretty great there. After DeLa went home, Shangela became the frontrunner for the crown. She won the next challenge and stood out as the frontrunner in the finale. Going from being a busted first out to a worthy winner is just so iconic. Of course, then the jury happened. And only Thorgy (:wub:) voted for her to go into the final 2. Ew. Jesus. Gross. Seeing Shangela's disappointment for not making it was so disheartening. She worked so hard for that moment and it would have been such a full-circle moment to see her win.

Shangela of course is also just incredible television. She gets reality TV, she knows how to make a storyline even juicier. We saw elements of it in Season 3 where she played mind games in the music performance challenge. But then she came back with all her Game of Thrones references and her great confessionals ("y'all told her on the internet it was funny. I blame y'all!"). She's gone on to do even greater things than she already had done post All-Stars. She was in A Star is Born, she performed in front of THE Beyoncé... truly a legend. My all-time favorite queen. Thanks y'all for having her in the top 14 and rightly so again.

MEGAN:

Bianca and Shangela are the only queens who are Top 14 queens

ZOEY:

anigif_sub-buzz-30937-1516911570-1.gif?downsize=600:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto
Shangela (AS3)

aka. Shangie
aka. 
Laquifa
aka. Shangela Laquifa Wadley

THE SINGLE BIGGEST ROBBERY OF ANY CONTESTANT IN TELEVISION HISTORY
and I'm still upset/angry/confused/disgusted by it.

Shangela is by far my favourite queen to ever be on the show. I loved her during season three and I couldn't have been more excited when she was ruvealed to be competing on All Stars. So let's start with some Shangela facts.

• Shangela was the first queen to write a lipstick goodbye message on the werkroom mirror, which has since become a Drag Race tradition.
  • Shangela was the first contestant to place 12th (season 2).
  • Shangela was the first contestant to compete in more than one regular season.
  • She sent in an audition tape for Season 3, but was invited back on the show before the producers had even seen it.
  • Shangela was the first queen to compete on 3 different seasons.
  • Shangela is the highest ranking member of the Haus of Edwards, placing 3rd/4th in All Stars 3.
  • Alaska, Roxxxy Andrews, Alyssa Edwards, Kennedy Davenport, Shangela, Naomi Smalls, Latrice Royale, and Valentina are the only people to win every lip-sync for your legacy they ever competed in on All Stars.

1e522450cf94bef55e1d28908152be5a.gif
Just some fun facts for you all to know about Shangela.

What I love about Shangela is her personality. She's another real b*tch. She doesn't put on a persona so that people will like her or laugh. She's just a natural performer. She entered the work room in All Stars and her outfit was so cute. It wasn't something that we don't really see from Shangela and it just showed us how far her drag has come on since season two and three. The first challenge on All Stars is always the talent show. Shangela decied to dance and lip-sync to an original. Very Alyssa-esque and I was living. It started off slow and then she went crazy. :wub: Bendelacreme did not deserve to be in the top and robbed Shangela of her lip-sync against Aja. I'm still standing by this opinion and it'll never change so don't even try to attempt to sway me otherwise.

Shangela was the star during the second episode. The queens had to create a Diva's Live performance and were each assigned a legendary diva. Shangela was assigned Mariah Casey, and didn't waste any time getting in to character. She rehearsed in as Mariah. 🤣 Much to the dislike of Milk.. but who gives a crap what Milk said during this season? delusion at it's finest. Shangela nailed her Mariah verse and nobody else even came close. The runway theme was RuDemption where the queens could recreate any runway from their season(s). Shangela chose to recreate her Christmas runway  and was delcared in the top two of the week.

tumblr_p3ib7ef8Gv1vfnk4to2_r2_500.gifv

tumblr_p3ib7ef8Gv1vfnk4to1_500.gifv

tumblr_pkml1iU6wh1xls6cbo2_500.gifv
rpdr-all-stars-13.gif?w=700&h=392

Bendelacreme was also in the top two that week for the second week in a row. Shangela had her work cut out as the judges obviously had such a huge hard on for Ben. The lip-sync was to "Jump (For My Love)" by The Pointer Sisters and Shangela slayed. She pulled out a skipping rope and gave us some gym class relaness along with some comedy.

giphy.gif

feb-02-2018-12256.gif

She won the lip-sync and chose to send Thorgy home. URGH GROSS! 🤭

The following week let the queens loose with an acting challenge. Th B*tchelor was a take on The Bachelor and each queen was assigned a different personality to portray. I think Shangela got one of the hardest personalities to portray and also because she had to work with another queen directly. Shangela did really well in the challenge and was able to bring her partner up to a certain level that didn't bring her down so it didn't crumble. She was declared safe but she also gave us this iconic runway based on her love of corn.

tenor.gif

Week four brought us Snatch Game and Shangela impersonated Jennifer Lewis. I'm not that clued up on Jennifer, but from what little I've seen of her - Shangela did really well. The judges seemed to think so too as she was once again in the top two. She was also in the lip-sync against Ben again. The song was "I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry and this gave Shangela a chance to play on her comedy skills. I wasn't a fan of this lip-sync because of Ben. She barely gave Shangela any space and had her hands all over at any possible opportunity. Crawling on top of her, grabbing her waist, bending over in front of her. I don't like it when queens purposely try to mess things up for the other. They were both declared winners of the lip-sync and sent home Chi Chi.

Halleloo-Heres-8-Times-Shangela-from-RuP
tumblr_p48e17we4u1vw8ygfo3_500.gifv
tumblr_p48e17we4u1vw8ygfo2_500.gifv

Week five was Shangela's first miss in the competition as the queens had to design a soup can (A SOUP CAN?!) and a Studio 54 inspired look. Shangela went back to her season two self and just threw a ton of her disks and gold crap on her body. 🤣 Her outfit was one of the worst of the week but I think another queen should've been down there instead of Aja. I'm glad they weren't as the queen sent home could've been different. BeBe chose to eliminate Aja, so Shangela lived another week.

giphy.gif

The eliminated queens got to return for week six and the winner of the lip-sync would choose one of them to return. The challenge was girl groups and each would take on a different persona.. again. Shangela invented Glitter Kitty and her verse was good. It wasn't amazing but the only one that stood out was BeBe's.I thought it was a fun challenge but it was hard to pick up on numerous personalities in the space of a couple of minutes and connect. Shangela landed in the bottom three with Kennedy and Trixie. Ben chose to bring back Morgan. BenDelaChrist then chose to eliminate herself for the attention and Shangela, Trixie and Kennedy were safe. The biggest eyeroll moment in Drag Race history.

tumblr_p4y6dyG6Oe1rsobi3o2_400.gif?resize=268,268

Shangela needed to step up her game after landing in the bottom group two weeks in a row. The next challenge was another acting challenge. They based it on Bridemaids so I was thankful Shangela could bring some comedy to it. She did amazing in it, obviously. Her runway this week was even better! Something we hadn't seen on the runway before.

ShangelaNoShitShorlock.gif

mgid-ao-image-mtv-397702.jpeg

She placed in the top two of the week with Trixie and gave us an I C O N I C lip-sync.

giphy.gif
tumblr_p5awwrruBG1wndendo1_500.gif?resize=500,280

Shangela obviously won since Trixie couldn't keep up and she chose to send Morgan home. Shangela was going in to the finale with the most wins, joint with Trixie. She had won every single lip-sync that she found herself in and her runways were flawless (let's forget Studio 54). You'd think she would be able to land top two and lip-sync to the win, right?

The final challenge was to write and lip-sync live for his song "Kitty Girl" one of my favourite RuPaul songs. They all did pretty well. I don't think anyone messed up massively apart from BeBe not being able to be held comfortable by her partner. But I even loved that! It didn't ruin the video, it just added some comedy.

giphy.gif

tumblr_p5q1txf2og1usdtwzo1_400.gifv

Then there was  twist. The eliminated queens would return and act as a jury. They would then vote for two queens they think should advance to the top two. Because some of the queens didn't get to see how well Shangela did throughout the entire competition - only Thorgy voted for her to advance.

I WAS DISGUSTED. I WAS REPULSED. I WAS HEARTBROKEN FOR HER.

She honestly deserved it more than any of the other three. I'm not saying they didn't work as hard but Shangela's hard work had finally paid off and people had seen her transformation from a baby to a woman. Her finale look was the best thing that she's ever brought to the runway and I'm absolutely gutted that we didn't get to see her perform "Wrecking Ball" as she apparently had balloons ready for some kind of stunt. I WILL ALWAYS WONDER!

Shangela's All Star journey was not flawless but it was amazing. To watch the growth of someone who didn't necessarily do so well many years ago was fantastic to watch. To watch someone slay the competition many times was even better. Shangela is my favourite queen to compete on the show and I'm glad that her All Stars self was able to make the finals without anyone going after her. 

ELLIOTT: 

Me waiting until the ballot was closed to start calculating and seeing Shangela run away with the win:

tenor.gif?itemid=12585815&f=1&nofb=1

NAME A MORE ICONIC JOURNEY. FIRST BOOT OF SEASON 2 TO ROBBED ALL STARS 3 FINALIST.

As part of the Haus of Edwards, Shangela is naturally great television. It was full force in All Stars 3. Homegirl knew how to create the most drama out of everything, and it was legendary. Her challenge wins in AS3 were all great, and the only time I really think she made a flub was with the Warhol Ball... but we won't talk about that disaster of a challenge. She still did that with her Jump, I Kissed a Girl and Freaky Money lip syncs. Everyone on that jury other than Thorgy should be ASHAMED.

VEE:

tumblr_p5p7omKuG41vev4f2o4_250.gif

I didn't love Shangela when she was in season 2 and 3. I was team Heathers and Stacy. Through the years though, she polished her drag and everything about her slowly but surely making her fanbase bigger than it was in season 3. She became a fan favourite off the show and when the announcement of her joining All Stars 3, everyone was gagging. I was too because I was excited to see the new and improved Shangela in the competition. And guess what? She did not disappoint. She came in and showed us how she is grown and matured. She served Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent! Her fashion also leveled up. We all know she can perform but she still gagged us with her lipsyncs for your legacies. She's definitely the deserving winner of the season (after the Dela quit gag of course but that one can't be rigged by them). They did that twist where the queens got to vote for who the top 2 are obviously rigging the competition for their favourite Trixie to win. I mean who even expected Kennedy would be in the top 2 with her without the friends in the cast. Thorgy slayed ha vote though. Anyway, this will be one of the greatest tragedies of the show because of the obivous riggory. Shangela will always be a winner in my eyes just like Manila and Katya. Her performance in Kitty Girl is iconic. Her Mariah is funny and accurate af. Her Jennifer Lewis slayed. Her runways slayed too.

CHRIS:

She truly slayed the competition in All Stars 3. She hit a homerun to only be screwed by the producers at the final base. She should be a honorary winner considering how many time she appeared on RPDR.

DEE:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

anigif_sub-buzz-25440-1554957702-1.gif

"I'm the Daenerys Targaryen of drag."

Remember when Shangela placed fourth on All-Stars 3?! On Beyoncé's Earth?!?! The disgrace of that entire ordeal. A f*cking nightmare.

Shangela came onto All-Stars 3 and said, "Third time's the charm." B*tch did not come to play with these other queens. What a flawless season of high-quality drag. One of the strongest showings in Drag Race Herstory. 

I will keep this write-up a bit more short and sweet, since I discussed Shangela in great length during last year's Rankdown. JK I DID NOT SO I WILL WRITE A LOT ABOUT HER. Shangela has had the most incredible growth over her decade-long association with Drag Race. Watching her grow from an inexperienced novice to the hardest-working drag queen in the business is just awesome. 

I really thought All-Stars 3 would be the moment to celebrate Shangela's transformation. The entire season highlighted the drag excellence that Shangela provides. Every single week was pure entertainment and creative genius from Shangela.

All-Star Variety Show? Flawless lip-sync. So entertaining. The consummate performer.

Divas Lip Sync Live? SO GOOD. Shangela as Mariah Carey is like a dream come true drag performance, and she had me laughing so hard the entire way through her performance.

The B*tchelor? I thought Shangela did very well as part of the Polyamorous Duo. Though Shangela was not in the top this week, she was still a great actor and showed off more of her comedic chops. 

Snatch Game? Jenifer Lewis impersonation is incredible. Hilarious as hell. One of the best Snatch Game performances ever. 

"Drag Up Your Life" Performance? Sparkle Kitty is fabulous! Again, just another incredible energetic and memorable performance. Not as great as Goth Kitty or Jngle Kitty, but Shangela held her own. 

My Best Squirrelfriend's Dragsmaids Wedding Trip? Actavia is hilarious and the only memorable or funny performance in that trash skit. Shangela single-handedly saved this challenge. 

"Kitty Girl" Performance? Easily my favorite verse and choreography of the night. Shangela nailed this performance. Her crowning moment...or so I thought.

On the runway? Sickening.

VH1 Divas Look is phenomenal. 

RuDemption Realness Look? ICONIC. B*TCH WALKED OUT IN THAT SNOW GLOBE BUBBLE AND I GAGGED.

Wigs on Wigs on Wigs? ICONIC. B*TCH PAID HOMAGE TO CORN. SO ELABORATE. SO CHEEKY.

Snatch Game Look is on-point.

Flower Power? Amazing. Literally the perfect drag interpretation of Beyoncé's twin reveal photoshoot.

Red For Filth? No words. Just the best.

"Freaky Money" Lip-Sync For Your Legacy Look? HILARIOUS. A PROPER REVEAL.

Best Drag Eleganza? Breathtaking. One of my favorite finale looks.

Wow. Shangela really is the definition of Drag Royalty. All-Stars 3 is such an incredible showing of her immense talent. That RuPaul and the producers introduced that twist to f*ck Shangela over for drama is disgusting. The collective outrage over her loss to this very day is proof that the true winner of the season was Shangela.

Did she walk away with the check? No. Though she walked away instead with the true prize...an international recognition of Shangela as one of the most hardworking, talented, and creative artists in the business. Shangela is the reason to watch All-Stars 3. Happy to see her in the finals again and to celebrate her even more!

FINAL AVERAGES:

• 2.33 - Shangela
  • 5.16 - Bianca Del Rio
  • 5.50 - Katya
  • 6.33 - Jinkx Monsoon
  • 6.67 - Jujubee
  • 7.00 - Aquaria
  • 7.16 - Adore Delano
  • 7.67 - Manila Luzon
  • 7.83 - Sharon Needles & Shea Coulée
  • 9.16 - Monique Heart
  • 10.50 - Courtney Act & Naomi Smalls
  • 10.67 - Cheryl Hole

I’m so happy. ❤️

Thanks for hosting Elliott! ❤️ Even if you did slack on updating the eliminated queens and gave me anxiety each time it was nearly my turn. 🤣 Thoroughly enjoyed my first rankdown!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

I’m so happy. ❤️

Thanks for hosting Elliott! ❤️ Even if you did slack on updating the eliminated queens and gave me anxiety each time it was nearly my turn. 🤣 Thoroughly enjoyed my first rankdown!! 

It was your first rankdown? I'm glad you had a great time and a winner you liked. ❤️

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

It was your first rankdown? I'm glad you had a great time and a winner you liked. ❤️

It was! And my favourite contestant ever won. :wub: Thank you!

I’d ask you to watch AS3 and come back with a different opinion but you’d be stubborn and lie that you still didn’t like her. 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, Zoey0069 said:

It was! And my favourite contestant ever won. :wub: Thank you!

I’d ask you to watch AS3 and come back with a different opinion but you’d be stubborn and lie that you still didn’t like her. 🤣

who knows please GIF by Bounce

I would tell you the truth via PM and still parade that I dislike her in public. I have a brand to keep up.

• Haha 1

DEE:

1. Jinkx Monsoon
  2. Sharon Needles
  3. Bianca Del Rio
  4. Adore Delano
  5. Shea Coulée
  6. Shangela
  7. Jujubee
  8. Monique Heart
  9. Aquaria
  10. Courtney Act
  11. Cheryl Hole
  12. Naomi Smalls
  13. Katya
  14. Manila Luzon

DEREK:

1. Shangela (AS3) 👑
  2. Katya (AS2)
  3. Bianca Del Rio (S6)
  4. Aquaria (S10)
  5. Jinkx Monsoon (S5)
  6. Naomi Smalls (AS4)
  7. Sharon Needles (S4)
  8. Adore Delano (S6)
  9. Courtney Act (S6)
  10. Manila Luzon (S3)
  11. Monique Heart (AS4)
  12. Jujubee (S2)
  13. Cheryl Hole (UK1)
  14. Shea Coulée (S9)

LILY:

1. Shangela (AS3) 👑
  2. Shea Coulée (S9)
  3. Aquaria (S10)
  4. Naomi Smalls (AS4)
  5. Jujubee (S2)
  6. Manila Luzon (S3)
  7. Courtney Act (S6)
  8. Katya (AS2)
  9. Bianca Del Rio (S6)
  10. Jinkx Monsoon (S5)
  11. Adore Delano (S6)
  12. Sharon Needles (S4)
  13. Monique Heart (AS4)
  14. Cheryl Hole (UK1)

VEE:

1. Manila Luzon (S3)
  2. Jujubee (S2)
  3. Katya (AS2)
  4. Shangela (AS3)
  5. Cheryl Hole (UK1)
  6. Jinkx Monsoon (S5)
  7. Bianca Del Rio (S6)
  8. Adore Delano (S6)
  9. Sharon Needles (S4)
  10. Shea Coulée (S9)
  11. Aquaria (S10)
  12. Monique Heart (AS4)
  13. Naomi Smalls (AS4)
  14. Courtney Act (S6)

ZOEY:

1. Shangela (AS3) 👑
  2. Adore Delano (S6)
  3. Monique Heart (AS4)
  4. Katya (AS2)
  5. Bianca Del Rio (S6)
  6. Sharon Needles (S4)
  7. Jinkx Monsoon (S5)
  8. Cheryl Hole (UK1)
  9. Jujubee (S2)
  10. Aquaria
  11. Shea Coulee (S9)
  12. Courtney Act (S6)
  13. Manila Luzon (S3)
  14. Naomi Smalls (AS4)

PUBLIC:

01. Shangela (AS3)

02. Manila Luzon (S3)

03. Katya (AS2)

04. Bianca Del Rio (S6)

05. Aquaria (S10) & Shea Coulée & Jujubee

08. Monique Heart

09. Jinkx Monsoon

10. Adore Delano

11. Courtney Act & Sharon Needles

13. Cheryl Hole

14. Naomi Smalls

3 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Her second one, but first one she didn’t quit :giggle:❤️ 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

who knows please GIF by Bounce

I would tell you the truth via PM and still parade that I dislike her in public. I have a brand to keep up.

or is it the fact you wouldn’t have a storyline here if you did that? 🤭

Edited by Zoey0069

Just now, *Chris said:

Too bad we don't have the receipts, anymore :( 

Which rankdown was it? 🤣

I’m just iconic. 

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

i guess basketball wives GIF by VH1

It's my only claim to fame in the rankdown.

Watch AS3!

3 minutes ago, Zoey0069 said:

or is it the fact you wouldn’t have a storyline here if you did that? 🤭

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It's my only claim to fame in the rankdown.

Hahahaha you guys are cracking me up. Made me think of this:

RuPaul's Drag Race UK: She's a whore, Cheryl. - The Something ...

• Haha 1