TMZ - 'American Idol' Star Will Moseley Skewered Over Hunting Vid Allows 4 Dogs To Gang Up, Attack Hog

m1key

I’ve seen the video, and thought this may be it. The other day, there were exactly 3 negative comments on said Instagram post. Meh…

—-

A rep for the Georgia Dept. of Natural Resources' Wildlife Resources Division tells TMZ ... "Hunting feral hogs -- an invasive species -- is allowed on private lands and, where and when designated, some public lands in Georgia. Where designated, dogs can be used in hunting feral hogs. There are no restrictions on that use except on public lands."

While I am no fan of hunting and I assume if I watched the videos I would probably find them disturbing. But at the same time it's not going to have any bearing on the results of the show. Hell it might even get him more votes if people think he's being "cancelled". 

I’m not an avid hunter, but I live in a state where even the Democrats hunt and fish. I think a lot of people here must live in a bubble somewhere. Get out and touch grass every once in a while. . 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My first thought? This isn't a story that warrants using all caps in the thread title.

My father doesn't have hunting dogs, but wild hogs have invaded his land at times over the years. Relatives in Texas have the same problem. These destructive animals are common in parts of the U.S. "Feral swine have been reported in at least 35 states. Their population is estimated at over 6 million and is rapidly expanding."

https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/terrestrial/vertebrates/wild-boar

According to this 04/16/24 article, seven people have been killed by wild pigs in 2024.

https://www.agweb.com/news/livestock/pork/wild-pigs-kill-more-people-sharks-shocking-new-research-reveals

Edited by RTV

17 minutes ago, RTV said:

My first thought? This isn't a story that warrants using all caps in the thread title.

i copy pasted it from the website itself and that was the format it put it in so i kept it

i’m sorry but this is not the hill i’m gonna die on though i haven’t watched the gif / read the article. also think shooting animals for sport is horrifying but that’s also a normal thing so whatever

Meh. I don’t like to see animals die but if these hogs are an invasive species, this has to be done. It’s like those huge iguanas in Florida that people shoot and release dogs on to kill them. 

• Like 1

the updated PETA statement that got added to the article is kinda sending me 💀

but yeah i agree that as disturbing as it is, i do get the invasive species aspect.

25 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Time for this hick to go home 

You were never voting for him anyway, right? 

Until now, I didn’t care whether he won, but now I want him to just to see your meltdown on finale night. 🔥 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, Anythingcanhappen said:

Time for this hick to go home

I wish people would refrain from using rude, derogatory terms when referring to contestants.

• Like 1

Alright Strawman Audra, go wild. Fill that emotional void!

I can say whatever I want now since you supposedly have me on ignore...

Oh, and as far as Will goes: He seems like the guy who would inevitably get into this kind of life. Caleb from BB16 used to hunt pigs all the time. Nothing ever happened with Colin Stough supporting the Confederate Flag, so between this and Will's earlier allegations we oughta just get used to certain things sliding by.

Edited by NGL2008

• istersay changed the title to TMZ - 'American Idol' Star Will Moseley Skewered Over Hunting Vid Allows 4 Dogs To Gang Up, Attack Hog
Posted (edited)

I’ve been watching the reaction on social media. 

The negative Instagram comments appear to have originated from this PETA post: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6XGxmkyA1a/?igsh=MWhqZzFyd3p0a3U3dQ==

If you did deep, there are probably as many (if not more) comments pushing back against the PETA loons, as there are on the comment sections on his own account. These crazies have no interest in educating themselves on the matter. I also suspect many of them are bots. 

Regarding Facebook, TMZ’s Facebook post is filled with comments almost all supportive of Will, pushing back on the narrative. 

Many, many others from Georgia have posted on their own, in support of Will on this matter. Some of those posts have hundreds, or even thousands of shares. 

On AI Facebook page, I can count on one hand the number of comments I’ve seen on the matter, and they were ignored. 

I suspect the vast majority of viewers will never even hear about it. Of those who do, very few will care. 

To conclude, the outrage seems to be mostly limited to the radical PETA types who probably were either not watching the show in the first place, or wouldn’t vote for him anyway (sort of like IDF). 

If anything, he’ll probably get even more votes from Georgia, because they are aware of it, and are really pissed off about these attempts to cancel Will over something that is very common in their part of the country. :haha:

I’ve also seen several comments stating that Luke has hog hunted. He grew up in the same general area. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2024 at 12:53 AM, TeamAudra said:

You were never voting for him anyway, right? 

Until now, I didn’t care whether he won, but now I want him to just to see your meltdown on finale night. 🔥 

He HAS to win now. I can't wait.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

He HAS to win now. I can't wait.

It just shows how many people live sheltered lives, and would rather show outrage over things they know nothing about, when they could spend about 15 minutes educating themselves about the matter. We don’t have an invasive hog problem in my state that I’m aware of, so I didn’t know anything about it either, nor did I understand anything about the hunting techniques, so I researched it. If it wasn’t for all of the efforts to control the population of the feral hogs, they probably wouldn’t be able to grow any food down there at all, among a host of other problems. 

• Like 1

Im a vegetarian but I always wonder what do people prefer? In hunting animals can live their normal wild lives. Most pigs live in abhorrent factory farm conditions living lives in crammed filthy corners with cruel practices done to the, before their lives are cut short at a fraction of their normal life span.

• Like 1