Is Triston/Will the Top 2 the producers want for Season 22?

Is Triston/Will the Top 2 the producers want for Season 22?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Is Triston/Will the Top 2 the producers want for Season 22?

• Yes
    • No

What would you guys think of this being the Top 2? I'm saying it would bring a lot of controversy. Of course, the producers would love that. It would bring more buzz than Iam/Megan from last season.

Edited by CandiceFan12

That "buzz" would primarily be negative buzz about there being yet another male/country Top 2 though? Not sure what benefits that would have for the show.

There's no way producers want an all male Top 2 when a woman hasn't won in what will soon be 4 years. It also isn't really realistic since people will start to compare Triston/Will when the numbers dwindle, and naturally, viewers will prefer one of them more. 

Edited by m1key

I don't think the producers want them for the Top 2. I think they want Abi as one of the Top 2. However, I think it's possible the audience might make this the Top 2. It depends how Triston does at the live shows because if he doesn't do well I could see him be eliminated earlier. I definitely think Will will be in the Top 3 right now.

I doubt they want this to happen since the most pimped so far are Abi, McKenna, Julia, Emmy, KB, Odell, and Will. I'm gonna guess producers will bus one of these guys eventually to get a top 5 females. 

8 minutes ago, Persy said:

I'm gonna guess producers will bus one of these guys eventually to get a top 5 females. 

as much as i'd love an all female Top 5, the riggage that led to the Season 12 all female Top 5 played a role in the show being cancelled on Fox 💀 but it's also been 11 years since that so...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I think they want Emmy in the finale more than anybody right now. 

it'll depend on the next few weeks, but I def think its between her, Abi and KB (if she can remain consistent)

I doubt the producer's really care. It's something that IDF always trips about.  They are not going to alienate their base.   They know the actual votes, including voting patterns.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CandiceFan12 said:

The last time an all-female finale happened was when Candice Glover won over Kree Harrison 11 years ago.

God I hated that season it was boring as heck...

Hoping this one can get the bad taste outta my mouth that season 12 2013 still contains...

It’s not the one they want and it’s also highly unlikely that that’s what they are going to get…although being country helps, I think people are overrating how much it actually matters …neither one of the top 2 last year was country…2/3 token country males dropped out in the Top 9…only one made it to the finale and they came 3rd…it helps, but it’s not as overwhelming as people think…

20 minutes ago, kenboy1 said:

It’s not the one they want and it’s also highly unlikely that that’s what they are going to get…although being country helps, I think people are overrating how much it actually matters …neither one of the top 2 last year was country…2/3 token country males dropped out in the Top 9…only one made it to the finale and they came 3rd…it helps, but it’s not as overwhelming as people think…

Yeah, I think that at least one of the two will not make the Final 2.

14 hours ago, kenboy1 said:

I think people here are overrating how much it matters......to win.  Last season. Colin Stough and Haven Madison were the first 2 to get record deals.  

The odds are stacked against the winner.  Since Season 12, only Chayce Beckham has any kind of success.  It's more interesting to see who can have a career after show.  And odds are it's going to be people that aren't popular on IDF.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I think people here are overrating how much it matters......to win.  Last season. Colin Stough and Haven Madison were the first 2 to get record deals.  

The odds are stacked against the winner.  Since Season 12, only Chayce Beckham has any kind of success.  It's more interesting to see who can have a career after show.  And odds are it's going to be people that aren't popular on IDF.

Two of those who ARE popular on IDF already signed a recording contract with Groundwork. None of us know the ramifications of that. I’d love to see what is in that contract.  

32 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Two of those who ARE popular on IDF already signed a recording contract with Groundwork. None of us know the ramifications of that. I’d love to see what is in that contract.  

The Idol fan base is not enough to kick off a career.  The demographic leans heavily towards older, white woman.  Viewers these days are invested in the TV show.  Not so much what happens after.

Lauren Spencer Smith will be a guest performer this week.  She was voted off Top 24, Season 18.  She focused on her song writing, reinvented herself on Tik-Tok.  Did all the grunt work as an indie artist.  She and her song gained traction, and it eventually led to a bidding war in the industry.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The Idol fan base is not enough to kick off a career.  The demographic leans heavily towards older, white woman.  Viewers these days are invested in the TV show.  Not so much what happens after.

Lauren Spencer Smith will be a guest performer this week.  She was voted off Top 24, Season 18.  She focused on her song writing, reinvented herself on Tik-Tok.  Did all the grunt work as an indie artist.  She and her song gained traction, and it eventually led to a bidding war in the industry.  

I totally agree with that. That’s why it helps to be ready to hit the ground running as soon as they leave the show. Which contestants does that apply to? Probably Will and maybe a few others to a lesser extent. They also need to have the drive to actually go out and do it, and the understanding that they need more than whatever fanbase they gained from the show. 

So…Lauren Spencer Smith was voted off in the top 24, and has over 7 million Spotify monthly listeners. She’s only 20 years old. Very interesting…

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

So…Lauren Spencer Smith was voted off in the top 24, and has over 7 million Spotify monthly listeners. She’s only 20 years old. Very interesting…

She was 15 when she auditioned for Idol. That was also the at home Idol season. If the season had normal shows like usual, I think the season & the finalists would have been different.

4 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

She was 15 when she auditioned for Idol. That was also the at home Idol season. If the season had normal shows like usual, I think the season & the finalists would have been different.

I saw some of it. It was unwatchable for me. Same with The Voice. 

• Sad 1

Lauren's success has little correlation to Idol imo. She was one of the least televised contestants in the Top 20 if I remember correctly.

However, it did allow her to meet Natalie Jane and Geena Fontanella (both who made Showcase) and their viral singing TikTok's helped build Lauren's platform.