Drag Race Rankdown 5.0

Elliott

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

However, when doing that I realized I missed Jaymes Mansfield completely for the S9 list (but accounted for her presence when I was adding up the queens from Wikipedia)

The way nobody noticed! :dead:

• Haha 1

Jade

Morgan McMichaels

India Ferrah

Phoenix

Penny Tration

Widow Von Du

Robin Fierce

Elektra Fence

Pixie Polite

Chelazon Leroux

Ivanna Drink

Kaos 

Kandy Ho

An easy save or two in there

Pixie Polite

Pixie-Polite.-World-of-Wonder_BBC_Guy-Levy.jpg

I am not sure if Pixie was intended as an easy save or not, but I disliked Pixie on Drag Race UK Season 4. She had a personality that I found grating, and while she technically had a win, she was consistently underwhelming the entirety of the season.  Her win was part of a 6 part girl group win... that she didn't deserve at all.  Pixie Polite sort of hits the same never Ellie Diamond hit for me, but amplied.  She had to lipsync twice, the first was against Dakota, to Miss Me Blind and I thought she lost it.  Rupaul thought otherwise.  She had to lipsync again two episodes later and went home next to Black Peppa.  The lipsync wasn't great by either, but Peppa did better. Pixie massively overstayed her welcome, thankfully I can make sure that doesn't happen in the rankdown.

Save: Kaos

Kandy Ho

US7 | 10th Place

03fb3b0b927db1470e53c70a62073440.jpg

I know Kandy was on the Chilean version of Drag Race ("The Switch") and did well, but I wasn't really a fan of her run on the US version of the show. She placed 10th on the 7th season of the show. During her six weeks on the show (7 if you include the returning challenge), she placed in the bottom three times and was safe during the other weeks. Her bottom placements came during Week 1 (the Nude Illusion design challenge), where she beat Tempest Dujour in a lipsync to RuPaul's song Geronimo, then again in Week 5 (the DESPY Awards) where she beat Mrs. Kasha Davis in a lipsyc to Teena Marie's "Lovergirl". But it wasn't under Week 6, where she landed in the bottom for the RuPaullywood Stories challenge and lost the lipsync to Ariana Grande's "Break Free" to Jaidynn Dior Fierce that she was finale sent home. Random fact about Kandy: In 2019, she was ranked by Vulture as one of the most powerful drag queens in America. Sure Jan.

Save: Widow VonDu (again) 🕶️

Golden Beaver: Morgan McMichaels ☕

Ivanna Drink

Drag Race Stars: Anita Wigl'It Announces Split From Ivana Drink - express  Magazine

Ivanna Drink (left) is the husband of Down Under robbed All Star Anita Wigl'it. And unfortunately, her run on the show was very unmemorable so her relationship is probably what she is most know for. Fun fact, her original drag name was Ivanna Wigl'it but she changed it for some other show to not look related haha. She doesn't even drink alcohol. Ivanna was on the notoriously bad third season of Down Under and was the 3rd out. Placing 8th. SAFE LOW ELIM. Not the greatest and I had higher hopes for her but she wasn't able to really break out and make an impact on the judges. Particularly Ru who seemed to be experiencing the season with a lack of caring that border on fever dream status. The main thing that I know about Ivanna is that she was part of what I consider to be one of the most insane/unhinged/deranged moments in drag race history, and the only thing aside from Gabriella that I took from this terrible season: CASUALLY MEOWING AT IVANNA WHO WAS DRESSED IN A CAT SUIT AND HAD JUST BEEN ELIMINATED.

Save India

Phoenix

3503516_orig.jpg

I think if my life depended on it and I had to name every RuGirl, consider my life over because I am absolutely forgetting Phoenix. The only memorable moment of her run to me is the entrance where she and India Ferrah wore the same outfit. After that, everything is a mystery. She fell into the forgettable second boot category, getting sent home by Delta Work after a lacklustre lip-sync to "Bad Romance" (needs a redo!). Phoenix has apparently expressed interest in coming back for All-Stars, and at this stage I say sure why not, I'll take any of the old school girls back. Like if you told me after watching Season 2 that Sonique would come back like 10+ years later and be an All-Stars winner, I wouldn't have believed you. So who knows, maybe there's still time for Phoenix to get her rudemption.

Save Robin Fierce

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

Like if you told me after watching Season 2 that Sonique would come back like 10+ years later and be an All-Stars winner, I wouldn't have believed you.

Can confirm based off the times you and @*Wallace acted like I crazy for saying so pre-AS6. 😘

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Can confirm based off the times you and @*Wallace acted like I crazy for saying so pre-AS6. 😘

I still stand by my thoughts back then. :kissbye:

But it was certainly fun to be proven wrong about her and for her to win me over on AS6. :haha: 

PENNY TRATION

(RPDR - SEASON 5 || 14TH PLACE)

328447271_1598490037242289_1613194589101193687_n.jpg penny-tration.jpg?id=32928744&width=784&quality=85 60921359_10216982109896697_8097298093642350592_o.jpg

"Everybody likes a little Penny Tration"

Penny Tration is an American drag queen hailing from Ohio - this is important to say as there's also an Australian drag queen with the same name. She competed on the 5th season of RuPaul's Drag Race, where she was casted after being voted in by fans through Facebook. But in reality, she was most likely the runner-up as it's known that Adore Delano was the actual winner of the Facebook contest but producers may have felt she wasn't ready and invited her back for Season 6 rather than cast her on Season 5.  Penny's time on the show was short-lived as she found herself in the bottom for the trash couture challenge - personally, I don't think she deserved to be in the bottom.  After the critiques, she was in the bottom 2 & was eliminated when Serena Cha Cha, Derek's favourite, sent her packing. But let's be real, Serena didn't win based on her lipsync ability but due to the fact that Penny, as Shea Coulee would say, "OH, SHE DOESN'T KNOW THE WORDS!" to Miley's Party in the USA - how does one not know words to Party in the USA is beyond me. Overall, Penny was a fine drag queen who couldn't quite find her foot in the competition.

SAVING: CHELAZON LEROUX

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I still stand by my thoughts back then. :kissbye:

But it was certainly fun to be proven wrong about her and for her to win me over on AS6. :haha: 

When Mystique Summers Madison returns, it’s over for y'all!

Jade

US1 | 6th Place

d5z1exgsxbu71.jpg

Jade, also known as Jade Sotomayor, was a queen on the first season of the American show. She placed 6th. She never won a challenge during her run, but also only bottomed once in Week 4 for the Mac-Viva Glam commercial challenge (the week she was eliminated). She lipsynced that week against Rebecca Glasscock to The Eurhythmics “Would I Lie To You?” before being eliminated. I don’t dislike Jade, but she didn’t really do anything memorable during her run. She did, however, become a nurse during the pandemic and that’s pretty honourable so good for her.

Save: Elektra Fence 🍭 

Edited by sublymonal

Serena Cha Cha

9593691.png?298

Serena ChaCha is the irrelevant, out-of-her-depth drag queen that you saw in Season 5, that was fodder for the extremely talented queens that season.  Serena was in the bottom the first two weeks of the show.  The first was after she did body sculpting art of whatever for her runway, that did not go over well.  She lipsynced to Party in the USA against Penny Traition.  It was disgraceful.  She was in the bottom the next week against Monica Beverley Hillz and lost to Only Girl in the World.  Also a disgraceful, but less so then Party in the USA as Monica was decent.  Anyway Serena was sent home.

Serena came back for All-Stars 6, after having a successful Wig styling business for other drag queens.  No one really wanted Serena back.  She returned and sucked again.  She had a Wig styling and dancing talent show number, which was pretty bad.  She was placed in the bottom 2 and eliminated when Coco Montrese won a lipsync against Yara Sofia and the queens voted her out.  Yara voted for Trinity to leave.  On the bright side, Serenas drag was better in All-Stars 6.

Save: Tomara Thomas