The Voice 24 ● Recap & The Playoffs Premiere ● Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

The gap between Huntley and Nini shouldn’t be that big but it makes sense with this audience

tbh, i think nini's percentage would be higher and she would've broken the 80s if she hadn't opened the episode. opening a episode like this where they're speeding thru the contestants prob didn't do her a lot of favors since some viewers tune in late. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

His least perfect vocal but That was still great! Emotive, powerful, unique.  What else is there to say.

It may be true but he makes it up for it with that tone and the way he emphasizes his low notes. 

• Like 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

i'm like genuinely surprised that this is the round that's getting people to like him. i thought his KO was far superior but people were lukewarm to that.

I agree honestly but I think people just didn't like the song lol

(I like both songs btw)

1 minute ago, wildestinvegas said:

tbh, i think nini's percentage would be higher and she would've broken the 80s if she hadn't opened the episode. opening a episode like this where they're speeding thru the contestants prob didn't do her a lot of favors since some viewers tune in late. 

Yeah that’s a factor too

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

I honestly still prefer Nini but everyone is good so far

1. Nini

2. Huntley

3. Claudia

It's close for me.

Nini gave the more impressive, showy vocal but Huntley had an emotive, fresh song choice that he did justice while still being great vocally.

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

i'm like genuinely surprised that this is the round that's getting people to like him. i thought his KO was far superior but people were lukewarm to that.

That song choice was so predictable and this one was fresh. Vocally, it was about the same, but I just think this performance was more exciting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I wanted Huntley to go grunge, but he needed to show he could do something more modern. 

He did it. If he advances (no way he doesn´t), I´m hoping for it next round.

Grunge or reggae, I'd like him to continue to show his versatility.

3 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

opening slot syndrome is real.