DWTS32 Week 2 - Latin Night Discussion Thread!

*Amanda

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

she was cast because of the connection to Britney, but everyone who likes Britney hates her. Translates to ZERO votes, good riddance, bye bye 

Lol yeah I didn’t think she would last long. She’s not one of those controversial celebs people love to hate and wanna see more of. She’s just an uncharismatic leech on one of the most beloved pop stars alive.

Edited by Alex95
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

The power of Bravo

I thought they were only backing Ariana. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She looked more disappointed over being eliminated from DWTS than she did when people found out she was stealing Britney’s money for half a decade.

Oh dear. 🙈

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:

With the results so far? Nah 

We're gonna need it in 2 or 3 week's time. 🙈

Didn't see that coming but not exactly complaining. There are others I would've preferred to go before her but not a big deal.

My faves of the night were Jason, Xochitl, and Lele but we shall see if a rewatch changes that!

• Like 2

Hmmm gonna do my first watch ranking of the dances.

1. Xochitl & Val - Salsa
2. Jason & Daniella - Rumba
3. Lele & Brandon - Samba
4. Charity & Artem - Cha-Cha
5. Ariana & Pasha - Samba
6. Alyson & Sasha - Tango
7. Mira & Gleb - Salsa
8. Tyson & Jenna - Salsa
9. Jamie Lynn & Alan - Cha-Cha
10. Adrian & Britt - Samba
11. Barry & Peta - Cha-Cha
12. Harry & Rylee - Salsa
13. Mauricio & Emma - Salsa 

I feel unsure about a lot of these. Mainly my Top 2 are a toss up, as well as.... everything from 8-13 is a toss up? :dead: 

when i have to post in the morning because i don't get to watch it live. really the true downside of moving to the west coast:

lele/brandon: what cover of "Gasolina" are they using? Because I listen to this song maybe like every other day. Did they use the actual track in the show and then use something different in the youtube? IDK. From your comments I thought they actually used the actual track. Anyway, this was pretty good. She clearly has a lot of talent. I appreciate the technical details that Brandon put in the choreography. I think she's like almost there but not quite. 7/10

tyson/jenna: he didn't kill Jenna in the lifts. She got to put a lot of them in (Jenna loves a lift). And that makes up for a lot. I think he was noticeably better than last week and seemed more in to it this week. 6s are maybe too high but I think this week you get three grades really: 4 = bottom tier, 5/6 = mid, 7/8 - top tier. So compared to the competition and how bad he was last week I don't mind them. 5/10

barry/peta: old man dance was about as good as you could have expected it to go. 5/10

britt/adrian: Adrian is by far the most controversial contestant this season and pre-show I was unsure of how he would be received. Because again he's probably a Hall of Famer. And again after serving his essentially year-long suspension from the league he rushed for 1k yards twice and last played in 2021 a whole 7 years after he was indicted by a grand jury for beating his child. But thankfully it seems like there's less and less overlap with NFL fans and DWTS fans than there ever has been (and I looked, excluding the Sports Season, the last time an NFL player made the Top 3 was 2013, so this has been going on a while...wait I forgot Rashad was a football player so 2017). Anyway, I don't think Britt did him any favors with the choreo but admittedly samba is hard to get week 2 when you aren't naturally talented because it's not as easy to pick up as cha-cha and you can't fill it with lifts like salsa. 4/10

mira/gleb: wattpad fanfic movie sequel star Mira (can you believe this show has gotten BOTH actresses who played Carol in the Harry Styles Fanfic movies???!??!?!) was thinking about literally every step trying not to mess up. once she just lets go she'll get better. but it's so bad right now that it's noticeable not just to the judges but the audience. you gotta not be afraid of making a mistake instead of being afraid you are going to make one every step you take. 6/10

xochitl/val: this season is looking like val's freshest season in a while. (though i did like him a lot with gabby last season, i think val looks like he's having the most fun when he gets to be big brother). if he and xochi keep this up, they are easily in the finale. 8/10

ariana/pasha: i am so glad that she and sandoval are no longer together because i really like ariana and i've always hated sandoval. and i'm thrilled that ariana is living out what is surely sandoval's dream by being on dwts while he has to perform badly on the masked singer and be on a reality show with nick viall. anyway, this felt very short. I don't think ariana was as good this week as she was last week. but again, she seems naturally talented. of the samba rolls we saw in routines this week hers were maybe my favorite in how they were incorporated but i think i agree with the judges that she probably wasn't as good as lele. so i don't mind that CAI gave her a 6 to make that so even if i'm going to give her a 7/10

mauricio/emma: I'm thrilled that Emma Slater got a win with Rashad Jennings back in 2017 because she's truly a joy to watch as as pro and I very much enjoy her. Mauricio is garbage and he and Tyson are basically the same age and basically have the same level of dance skills. But Tyson can do lifts and it doesn't matter how many gym selfies that Mauricio posts on IG, he's not going to be doing that many lifts (also I don't think Emma likes to choreograph as many as Jenna clearly does!). anyway, this dance did not emotionally fulfill me, though EMMA I'M HERE ONE CHANCE IS ALL I ASK! 4/10

alyson/sasha: that was much better than last week but it's still not good. again i don't think sasha is a great pro and he certainly is not going to be the pro that brings out the strengths of a dancer who doesn't obviously have any. or rather. he's not going to bring out the best of a celeb when they aren't a naturally talented dancer. (even the talented ones he's gotten *SIMONEBILES* he's not great). i have to imagine that alyson requested or WHY ELSE WOULD HE BE HERE WHEN EZRA EXISTS. 6/10

charity/ezra: can we swap artem with sasha and then sasha for ezra so we get back next week and alyson/artem are paired and ezra/charity? a dream. because i liked this and i liked them. charity still clearly has room for improvement but she's naturally quite good. it's all just for her i think going to come down to performing better which i know she can do. 7/10

harry/rylee: he suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks! 4/10

jamie lynn/alan: i don't even really care about jamie lynn one way or another. i don't even think she touches top 25 most controversial/problematic contestants on this show. she's not a great dancer, probably the weakest of the women (though alyson may be less good she's more likable). she gets cut. great. 4/10

jason/daniella: i am so sorry to daniella and jason. but i have zero interest in a heterosexual rumba. it started out exactly as a rumba does every single time and i closed the window. i hear this was good tho.

Didn’t have becoming a Jason Mraz stan on my 2023 bingo card but here we are.

Jason / Xochitl / Ariana / Charity / Lele would be a perfect top 5 but I simply don’t trust this show enough and I have a bad feeling Brandon’s not cracking top 8 yet again

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

Didn’t have becoming a Jason Mraz stan on my 2023 bingo card but here we are.

Jason / Xochitl / Ariana / Charity / Lele would be a perfect top 5 but I simply don’t trust this show enough and I have a bad feeling Brandon’s not cracking top 8 yet again

I completely agree. That's the only Top 5 I will accept at this point, but I'm sure it won't happen. I won't hold my breath out too much for it. :haha: Hopefully at least 3 or 4 of them can get there.