The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

45 minutes ago, seak05 said:

So, so far it seems to us (the audience) that the person who has been chosen by the coaches has been the loser every time.  

Pretty much. I would have picked all the losers on last Tuesday. And now I would have picked Jacquie, even though I liked BIAS.

• Like 1

Lol Y'all had me thinking BIAS flopped.

Jaquie was great vocally, and I think I will prefer her in the longer run, as I think she'll be a more reliable live singer. However, I preferred BIAS this time. His tone, charisma, and stage presence were all 10/10. He improved his vocals as well. 

Also, this was probably my favorite battle of the season so far.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

Just as I’d predicted, that battle did remind me of SandyRedd vs Cody Ray in that BIAS did well enough to justify picking him as the winner, but I just don’t get why you wouldn’t want to hold on to Jacquie.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Lol Y'all had me thinking BIAS flopped.

Jaquie was great vocally, and I think I will prefer her in the longer run, as I think she'll be a more reliable live singer. However, I preferred BIAS this time. His tone, charisma, and stage presence were all 10/10. He improved his vocals as well. 

Also, this was probably my favorite battle of the season so far.

THIS. 👍

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, allistr said:

I thought Gwen was pulling a Pharrell move. She knows Reba would steal Jacquie, so she picked the weaker contestant. Jacquie slayed, but BIAS did hold on his own though.

I don´t think so, honestly. Both Niall and John favored BIAS, and they didn´t go for Jacquie after she was available (as far as we know, we didn´t know Samara Brown was a multiple steal), and Gwen doesn´t usually pulls out those moves. I would have picked Jacquie too, but she probably had other plans.

I feel like BIAS is gonna be Gwen´s sentimental favorite this season. Judging by her PO team, even without performances, just based on appeal, I think he would have been in the position of needing a save had this been live playoffs, and Gwen would have given it to him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, indodol said:

Bias did make an improvement, but Jacquie definitely is still much better for me. Happy that Reba got her tho, she is a better fit of a coach for Jacquie.

Reba is a better fit of a coach for Jacquie... and Gwen is a better a fit of a coach for BIAS. So, ultimately the correct decision was made?  Heck, apparently both these singers go onto make the Top 12 (deserved, imho, if only based on this battle; knockout performances tbd), so as of right now, what's not to like?

• Like 1

I don’t usually trust what the coaches say. There have been many times when it’s so obviously should be unanimous, and 1 or 2 coaches will give a dissenting opinion. It’s a freaking TV show…

Plus, they hyped up NOIVAS all season, including after his semi-final, with a standing O. They have no credibility when it comes to this. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, allistr said:

I really like that guy. I mean - I've been sorta microdosing country over the past year or two and decided I didn't care for Jelly Roll's stuff in particular - but he seems really enjoyable to watch. :haha:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Just as I’d predicted, that battle did remind me of SandyRedd vs Cody Ray in that BIAS did well enough to justify picking him as the winner, but I just don’t get why you wouldn’t want to hold on to Jacquie.

Hmm, I think because if you would like BOTH to advance (and preferably go deep into the competition), this arguably would be one of the best ways to achieve that aim? (The other way would be to bank on John/Niall stealing BIAS, while at the same time boosting their already super-stacked teams; it's always sad losing a team member, but Jacquie to Reba would be the lesser of "evils", I reckon.)

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

First time hearing about Jelly Roll in my life lol. The battle song is a decent tune.

He has performed that song before with Oliver Steele (another Teraginn's main eye-candy) from American Idol.

Edited by allistr

Wow BIAS sounds much better here than in his audition. He has the more distinct and agile voice imo, he kinda surprised me with a few of his runs (though did that last run he did sound tuned/pitch corrected by anyone?)

Jacquie is obviously the more powerful belter and more consistent, BIAS still sounded slightly shaky in a few moments (not anything egregious though).

Overall, I'd say Jacquie gave the slightly better vocal but I prefer the tone of BIAS, at least in this instance.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

So, on Monday we seem to have:

G: BIAS vs Jacquie

R: Ms Monet vs Corii

J: Stee vs Willie Gómez

Missing 3 more, probably another Gwen battle, since she missed the premiere.

Julia & Olivia were in the promo I think?

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Who do we think is most likely to be montaged ? I don't want to get too excited.

I could pick out at least one from each team, actually.

From Team Legend, Deejay vs. Ephraim, Stee vs. Willie, Caleb vs. Talakai, and JaRae vs. Lila all ended without steals.  But we either just saw or will see the former two pairings.  So that leaves Caleb vs. Talakai and JaRae vs. Lila for the montage, since Claudia vs. Mara, AZAN vs. Taylor, and Elizabeth vs. Kaylee all end with steals.

From Team Gwen, Josslyn vs. RUDI, Calla vs. Chechi, Claire vs. Jenna, Juliette vs. Kristen, and Eli vs. Jason all end with no steals.  Of these possibilities, I really hope that the former two get spared.  But I can see any of the latter three getting montaged.  BIAS vs. Jacquie and Brandon vs. Kara are the only ones safe since they end with steals.

From Team Niall, only one pairing ends with a steal, and we just saw it: Lennon vs. Tanner.  And it looks like we're going to see Julia vs. Olivia on Monday.  That means that all of his other pairings -- Noah vs. Reid, Laura vs. Olivia, Brailey vs. Huntley, Alexa vs. LVNDR, and Nini vs. Sophia -- could all be vulnerable to montages.  I would think that Nini vs. Sophia could be spared, though, due to Nini's backstory and her ending up on Niall's final team, but that's all I imagine could be safe.

From Team Reba, we just saw Jackson vs. Jordan, which didn't end with a steal.  We know that Mac vs. Rachele and CORii vs. Ms. Monet (which we're seeing on Monday) end with steals, so they're safe.  So that leaves Dylan vs. Tom, Caitlin vs. Crystal, Alison vs. Angelina, and Al vs. Ruby.  I think that Al vs. Ruby should be safe if the show wants to follow Ruby's journey to Reba's final team.  But any of the rest could be montaged.  But I'm almost certain that Alison vs. Angelina will be one of them.

Just my take.

• Like 1