AI21 Top 5 Trophy Singles

Idol Maniac

Wonder if Oliver, Warren, and Haven are also releasing what would’ve been their artist singles… 🤔🤔 I remember for the last two seasons, the Top 7 contestants from each season (Arthur, Hunter, Christian, and Jay included) released their own artist singles for the show.

We has what might be the weirdest song title . i did some checking and she supposedly weighs 135 lbs.

10 hours ago, JodiRose said:

Wonder if Oliver, Warren, and Haven are also releasing what would’ve been their artist singles… 🤔🤔 I remember for the last two seasons, the Top 7 contestants from each season (Arthur, Hunter, Christian, and Jay included) released their own artist singles for the show.

It was a Top 8 this year and it was never mentioned that they recorded any at that point.

they did Megan dirty with that song.  it doesn't fit her style at all.  I was really hoping they would write a Christian song for her. idk why they went the generic pop route instead.  

Colin's and Iam's both fit them perfectly.   

• Like 1

I Still Talk to Jesus is one of the best break up songs i have heard in awhile, and reminds me of why i love Colin, and I'll be Seeing You is magical, another winning moment for Iam, he is amazing, a very touching tribute to his father. Dream Girl is fun and upbeat, and a great finale song, Megan sounds great. 

On 5/15/2023 at 10:06 PM, jdanton2 said:

We has what might be the weirdest song title . i did some checking and she supposedly weighs 135 lbs.

I listened to the song and its about losing “175 lbs” as in breaking up with a guy

• Like 1

Just had the chance to listen to all the songs now, I was out all day yesterday. Here are my thoughts!

Colin Stough: "I Still Talk To Jesus" - Minivan will eat this up. One thing that stood out to me was how he used his head voice on the track. It sounded great! Although, the concept of the song is kinda tacky. 

Iam Tongi: “I’ll Be Seeing You” - Beautiful song, beautiful lyrics, beautiful vocals. Will be amazing to see him sing this after he (hopefully) is crowned the winner. I don’t think I’d listen to it regularly because it’s not my type of music and everything about it is predictable, but it's hard to see Minivan NOT voting for him to win after hearing this. 

Megan Danielle: "Dream Girl" - The song was missing the rasp, soul, and grit in her voice that I live for. I do think the lyrics are great considering her storyline, and the song itself catchy. I just don’t feel this sound represents her as an artist at all. 

Wé Ani: "175 lbs" - The title had me thinking this was going to be a cringe body positivity anthem- thankfully I was wrong! The production of the song is perfect for Wé’s voice/style and it is pretty catchy as well! I just wish the lyrics were better. The concept of the song is clever, but the focus of the song being on the oddly specific number of “175” does make it hard to take seriously. It also sounds like a song Meghan Trainor or Alessia Cara would release in the 2015-2017 era, and the “Step 1… Step 2” lyrics are giving New Rules by Dua Lipa in 2017. 

Zachariah Smith: “American Grace” - It's almost like all of the lyrics were catered to Minivan lmao. He sounds completely different to me on this track than he ever did on the show. There was some country "twang" in his voice I never heard him use and he sang more from his lower register. 

• Like 2