Favorite Top 5 of the ABC Era?

m1key

Favorite Top 5 of the ABC Era?   

42 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Top 5 of the ABC Era?

• Season 16 (Maddie Poppe, Caleb Lee Hutchinson, Gabby Barrett, Cade Foehner, Michael J. Woodard)
    • Season 17 (Laine Hardy, Alejandro Aranda, Madison VanDenburg, Laci Kaye Booth, Wade Coda)
    • Season 18 (Just Sam, Arthur Gunn, Dillon James, Francisco Martin, Jonny West)
    • Season 19 (Chayce Beckham, Willie Spence, Grace Kinstler, Casey Bishop, Caleb Kennedy)
    • Season 20 (Noah Thompson, HunterGirl, Leah Marlene, Fritz Hager, Nicolina)
    • Season 21 (Colin Stough, Iam Tongi, Megan Danielle, Wé Ani, Zachariah Smith)

I don’t really  recall season 18 or 17 that well, but out of the other seasons in that poll, Season 16 wins, speaking SOLEY from a singing/performance perspective. 

Edited by xfactor22
  • Like 1

Season 19 is my fave. Pretending Caleb doesn't exist (he never performed at Top 5 anyways), Casey/Grace/Willie were all amazing vocal talents and Chayce was one of the stronger WGWGs we've had on Idol.

Despite me not liking Season 20 overall, I did enjoy the Top 5! 

I feel the same about Season 16 and Season 21. They both had 2 of my faves (Maddie/Gabby and We/Megan), 1 artist I liked (Michael and Iam), and 2 artists I didn't like (Caleb/Cade and Colin/Zachariah).

I only liked Laci in Season 17's Top 5... I liked Madison on occasion, but she sang too many overdone songs. 

I know the Season 18 finalists would've slayed in a real season, but given their circumstances, I don't exactly know how to rank them. 

• Like 1

Season 21. But mostly because season 19 had Chayce Beckham AND Caleb Kennedy. But as someone else said, if you count Hunter Metts as 5th then they take it.

But if you were to take the 3 best out of each season, I think Willie, Casey and Grace take it for me.

Also yikes at season 17s top 5. Alejandro is miles above the rest and honestly everyone else that season except Jeremiah

Edited by Hsamid

16 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Season 21. But mostly because season 19 had Chayce Beckham AND Caleb Kennedy. But as someone else said, if you count Hunter Metts as 5th then they take it.

But if you were to take the 3 best out of each season, I think Willie, Casey and Grace take it for me.

Also yikes at season 17s top 5. Alejandro is miles above the rest and honestly everyone else that season except Jeremiah

Season 17 was the first AI season I watched (On YT). Loved Jeremiah so much, and was so shocked and angry when he got eliminated. Hated that Lacy and Wade made it further than him.

I voted Season 21. I love Meghan, Iam, and Wé a lot 

From season 19, I personally loved Casey, and Willie too, but that's it. Grace has a great range, but I never liked her. Didn't like Chayce and Caleb either.

Leah Marlene is my fav AI contestant ever, but I didn't love anyone else in the top 5, even though I liked Noah a bit.

Only liked Arthur Gun in season 18.

Didn't watch season 16.

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Season 17 was the first AI season I watched (On YT). Loved Jeremiah so much, and was so shocked and angry when he got eliminated. Hated that Lacy and Wade made it further than him.

Dude is an exceptional vocalist no doubt about it.

I voted Season 21. I love Meghan, Iam, and Wé a lot 

Agreed

From season 19, I personally loved Casey, and Willie too, but that's it. Grace has a great range, but I never liked her. Didn't like Chayce and Caleb either.

Willie might be my favourite of the ABC era. I don't think I ever heard him miss a note, has tone for days, and is so damn tasteful with the runs. Casey is very close though. My favourite tone this season.

I actually kinda agree with Grace. She reminds me of Wé.. in that they are probably the best pure vocalists of their seasons but not always 100% with the vocals. Sometimes pitchy or sharp..  I will say I think Grace outsold Wé comparing their versions of "I have nothing".

I definitely like Wé more though because of her versatility and tone.

Leah Marlene is my fav AI contestant ever, but I didn't love anyone else in the top 5, even though I liked Noah a bit.

She's one of my favourites of the recent seasons as well. But I really liked Christian this season too.

Only liked Arthur Gun in season 18.

Same

Didn't watch season 16.

Same

49 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I actually kinda agree with Grace. She reminds me of Wé.. in that they are probably the best pure vocalists of their seasons but not always 100% with the vocals. Sometimes pitchy or sharp..  I will say I think Grace outsold Wé comparing their versions of "I have nothing".

Yep I agree with this as well. Both Grace and Wé are incredible when they are at their best, but they are not necessarily the most consistent vocalists.

While S19 was airing I preferred Grace to Casey, but after the season ended I began to appreciate Casey's consistency more.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

55 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Dude is an exceptional vocalist no doubt about it.

Agreed

Willie might be my favourite of the ABC era. I don't think I ever heard him miss a note, has tone for days, and is so damn tasteful with the runs. Casey is very close though. My favourite tone this season.

I definitely like Wé more though because of her versatility and tone.

She's one of my favourites of the recent seasons as well. But I really liked Christian this season too.

Same

Same

Dang, so many similarities between your and mine opinions this time. 😅

Btw, I loved Christian as well. He wasn't much liked here, but I personally liked him a lot. I liked few performances from Jay as well. Cadence Baker was actually my personal fav at the start, but when Leah sang Call Me and Heal, she (Leah) instantly became a snowflake of mine.

Also, I remember Liking Willie a lot as well. I think I joined his fan thread too, maybe? (Not 100% sure, need to check)

EDIT: Just checked, and yeah, I did join his thread. I'm the 9th one there. He was really good.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1