American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Only popped in to say Nya is an absolute beast of a vocalist. She has a raw sound when she's belting, almost like her voice is on the verge of breaking (which is why I can see people not liking her) but it comes across controlled, especially with how she jumped octaves and executed those quick runs. 

But my favourite part was actually the start, and I'm kind of obsessed with the way she sang "front doorstep". I think I prefer that side of her voice.

Either way, she clearly knows what she's doing. Dynamic voice and great technical skill.

Surprised they didn’t give Nya a platinum ticket considering how much they raved about her. 

And I wonder if Emmy will sing her song about wanting to be skinny (I think it deals with an eating disorder?)

3 hours ago, m1key said:

there is no reason why we need to be seeing Colin Stough on our screens in Season 22. 

Well, be prepare, he has a record label behind him.  Haven Madison was on some promos for the show.  Like Colin, she is signed to a label.  That's how it works.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, m1key said:

there is no reason why we need to be seeing Colin Stough on our screens in Season 22. 

Colin Stough is the only reason they are airing Noah Peters’ audition. He’s not in the T24, heck he’s not even in the T57. They just wanted an excuse to remind Idol fans that Colin exists.

2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I wonder if she's a big Marvel fan.

It was actually released as an Olympics promo in 2016. I’ll be honest, I didn’t remember the song, even though I’m sure I’ve heard it numerous times, since I watch the Olympics. I wonder what prompted Hailey to pick it? 

Edited by TeamAudra

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It was actually released as an Olympics promo in 2016. I’ll be honest, I didn’t remember the song, even though I’m sure I’ve heard it numerous times, since I watch the Olympics. I wonder what prompted Hailey to pick it? 

That's interesting I did watch a little bit of the Olympics and I didn't remember hearing it.

4 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

It's not letting me on that page can you post all the song choices?

Copy and paste:

Abi Carter, 21
Indio, CA
Singer
Song: “What Was I Made For” by Billie Eilish

Abby Blake, 25
Nashville, TN
Bar Singer
Song: “What About Us” by Pink

Colescott Rubin, 27
Portland, OR
Circus Musician
Song: “My Peanut Butter Baby” by Colescott Rubin

Dawson Slade, 17
Moulton, AL
Farm Hand
Song: “I Hope You Dance” by Lee Ann Womack and “Somebody Else Wi;;” by Justin Moore

Derric Gobourne Jr., 24
Sarasota, FL
Entertainer

Emmy Russell, 24
Nashville, TN
Songwriter
Song: “Skinny” by Emmy Russell

Hailey Mia, 16
Clifton, NJ
High School Student
Song: “Rise” by Katy Perry

Jon Lindsley, 29 
Waco, TX
Saw Mill Operator
Song: “Shout” Parts 1 and 2 by The Isley Brothers

Johnny Majestic, 25
Los Angeles, CA
Assistant Engineer

Justice Murphy, 21
Forrest City, AR
College Student/Server
Song: “Summertime” by Fantasia

Kaibrienne Richins, 20
Henefer, Utah
B&B Staff
Song: “Something in the Orange” by Zach Bryan

Noah Peters, 24
Charleston, TN
Barber
Song: “I Won’t Let Go” by Rascal Flatts
Duet with Colin Stough: “Broken Halos” by Chris Stapleton

Nya, 27
Manhattan, NY
Broadway Performer
Song: “Wait a Minute” by Willow Smith

Roman Collins, 24
Long Beach, CA
Car Cleaner
Song: “Living for the City” by Stevie Wonder

Sam “Kayko” Kelly-Cohen
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Musician
Song: “Time of Your Life” by Kayko

Shriya Jha, 16
Lexington, MA
Double Degree Black Belt in Karate

Ziggy, 22
Gorredijk, The Netherlands
Reality Star
Song: “Million Reasons” by Lady Gaga

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Ooh, I’m really going to love this song now!  That Olympics was where my favorite gymnast and athlete, Simone Biles, won four gold medals and a bronze!

• Like 2

I think “Rise” is decent. As far as being something the viewing audience will recognize, and can sing along to…probably not, but maybe that isn’t a big deal at this point. Hailey isn’t particularly strategic when it comes to song choices, but it’s probably better in the long run that she sings the types of songs she would sing off-show. “Rise” is a better option than some of Katy’s other songs. 

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

That's because the song went nowhere.  It's obvious they were trying the replica the success of "Home" - at the Olympics.  

For Hailey, who placed high on The Voice, she will have to do something different, so she won't end up like We Ani, who fell short of being in the finale on Idol.  She was flawless, but there was no growth arc.  She had opportunities to take risks - i.e., with the mentors, where she could have chosen song writing, but she played it safe with stage presence - which she really didn't need.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

That's because the song went nowhere.  It's obvious they were trying the replica the success of "Home" - at the Olympics.  

For Hailey, who placed high on The Voice, she will have to do something different, so she won't end up like We Ani, who fell short of being in the finale on Idol.  She was flawless, but there was no growth arc.  She had opportunities to take risks - i.e., with the mentors, where she could have chosen song writing, but she played it safe with stage presence - which she really didn't need.

I could see hailey get a growth arc, shes still young so she'll prob still be at a "learning" phase as a singer 

3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

She managed to make the finale on The Voice, but it certainly didn’t come easy. I’m not sure if you watched it. She lost her battle, and was stolen by Kelly. Then she needed to beat 3 older, more experienced singers in the instant save just to make the lives, after failing to get a playoff public vote after a strong performance. Her instant save performance was a “moment,” after bawling back stage, according to her mom, after the playoff results were revealed. She eventually made the finale, and sang songs by Olivia Rodrigo (her second one by that artist) and Billie Eilish. I suspect if she had better song choices for the average viewer, it wouldn’t have been such a struggle. 

What I described above might be why “Rise” resonates with her. She was the “underdog” on that show, and she’ll probably be one on this one too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She managed to make the finale on The Voice, but it certainly didn’t come easy. I’m not sure if you watched it. She lost her battle, and was stolen by Kelly. Then she needed to beat 3 older, more experienced singers in the instant save just to make the lives, after failing to get a playoff public vote after a strong performance. Her instant save performance was a “moment,” after bawling back stage, according to her mom, after the playoff results were revealed. She eventually made the finale, and sang songs by Olivia Rodrigo (her second one by that artist) and Billie Eilish. I suspect if she had better song choices for the average viewer, it wouldn’t have been such a struggle. 

What I described above might be why “Rise” resonates with her. She was the “underdog” on that show, and she’ll probably be one on this one too. 

She really competed on arguably the best season of TV ... literally the final 5 was just *chefs kisses*

• Like 1

I don't think it's that deep lol. I think the producers felt she was strong enough to fulfill the "contestant who auditions with a judges song" narrative + she is auditioning in Katy's hometown. They may want to establish a connection between her and Katy as pop girlies. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1