American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

I am so sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but I’m trying to update my voting graphics for this week and I cannot figure out when the voting will end. It’s a three hour show so does it end an hour later than normal or is the process different in the finale?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Season 17.  But there’s one major difference between Alejandro and Abi:  Abi is a much better singer.

Alejandro was TCO.  But he was from CA.  And Lane was from the part of the Country that had produced the majority of the Idol winners.

Edited by mytake1

16 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Season 17.  But there’s one major difference between Alejandro and Abi:  Abi is a much better singer.

They’re also both pop singers from California. I’m just giving y’all something to think about, since I’m starting to sense a degree of overconfidence. :haha:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

I am so sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but I’m trying to update my voting graphics for this week and I cannot figure out when the voting will end. It’s a three hour show so does it end an hour later than normal or is the process different in the finale?

The voting window is indeed extended compared to the usual time. There will be a lot of filler that clogs up the night with the contestants' solos being dispersed intermittently through the night. DO NOT THINK you can get away with waiting until the 3rd hour to vote though 'cause after 2 songs, Idol will cut the third-place finisher, denying that contestant the opportunity to perform his/her third song.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MalwareDie said:

The voting window is indeed extended compared to the usual time. There will be a lot of filler that clogs up the night with the contestant' solos being dispersed intermittently through the night. DO NOT THINK you can get away with waiting until the 3rd hour to vote though 'cause after 2 songs, Idol will cut the third-place finisher, denying that contestant the opportunity to perform his/her third song.

Really? So I should still say vote by 6:45?

4 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

California time of course

I would say to vote as soon as the show opens since you already know who you'll be voting for. While there haven't haven't been any major voting glitches during the live shows since they've been implemented, you never know when something off kilter might happen, so you should be as determined as possible to vote early.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They’re also both pop singers from California. I’m just giving y’all something to think about, since I’m starting to sense a degree of overconfidence. :haha:

if any abi fan is overconfident, they should wake the hell up. we’re talking about idol. this is the worst singing competition show for female contestants and history shows. everything is supposed to work against them LOL i do think she’s the female with most win potential in a long time but by no means she’s a lock. i could see her placing 1st, 2nd or 3rd, ngl.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

for finale night, voting “freezes” midway thru the show after 2 rounds of performances so they can announce who’s on 3rd place on the voting and eliminate that person from the running. then voting reopens and usually closes right before the final break after the final 2 finishes performing for one last time. i would recommend get people to vote as soon as the show starts to improve her odds of avoiding 3rd place.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I remember tracking the stats and Google trends during the finale of whatever season it was, convinced Alejandro had it in the bag. He dominated Laine on social media. 

I didn’t follow google trends that season but I remembering finding laine’s win extremely obvious because he was destroying everyone on facebook and instagram. his fan girls were crazy. i never really entertained anyone other than him winning. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

And Alejandro is a much better artist than Laine ever will be. Imo

Anyway...

I think this is Will's to lose the other two could easily win or be runner up. No clear cut victor. Imo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

And Alejandro is a much better artist than Laine ever will be. Imo

Anyway...

I think this is Will's to lose the other two could easily win or be runner up. No clear cut victor. Imo

But Abi is doing better on FB as of late, and FB is the best proxy of the core demographic of voters on Idol. I would not say it is Will's to lose.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

But Abi is doing better on FB as of late, and FB is the best proxy of the core demographic of voters on Idol. I would not say it is Will's to lose.

My honest opinion? I think it’s too close to call. She has the most momentum and overall best stats but she also has the most working against her when considering the Idol voting demographic so this equals the playing field quite a lot. For team minivan to look at the Top 2 and be like “lemme vote for the male contestant”, it doesn’t take a lot.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

And when has singing skill ever really mattered with the PV? The best singers have already been eliminated this season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The so-called "best singer" isn't always the most marketable.  The music industry is looking for people who can sell original music, not cover singers.  And they could care less about where somebody ranked on the show.

The monster success of Benson Boone says it all.

Edited by mytake1

17 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

The so-called "best singer" isn't always the most marketable.  The music industry is looking for people who can sell original music, not cover singers.  And they could care less about where somebody ranked on the show.

TELL THAT TO ADAM LAMBERT FANS. lmao

Anyway...

I think Abi is pretty, talented, vocally gifted, and so far? A decent musician and songwriter. We'll see. ❤️ 

Also. If I were good enough to get on the Kelly Clarkson show, late night programs. And whatnot. I'd take it to the musical bank with promo. lol

Ah well.

Scotty, Nick F, (If I'm remembering correctly) Fantasia, David Archie. All were on Kelly's show recently. It's the show you WANT to get promo on.

I'm surprised more Idol alumni members haven't been on there... :/ 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

i know this isn't the main point of your comment but i've seen a lot of people on TikTok/Twitter say Benson is one of the best male vocalists in the game right now and I 100% agree. his competition is low but still!

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I remember tracking the stats and Google trends during the finale of whatever season it was, convinced Alejandro had it in the bag. He dominated Laine on social media. 

Yeah, based on this, Abi is definitely losing to Will. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, m1key said:

i know this isn't the main point of your comment but i've seen a lot of people on TikTok/Twitter say Benson is one of the best male vocalists in the game right now and I 100% agree. his competition is low but still!

yeah i was gonna say... Benson is a great singer lol

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Good point.  I shouldn’t count my chickens before they hatch.

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

Also. If I were good enough to get on the Kelly Clarkson show, late night programs. And whatnot. I'd take it to the musical bank with promo. lol

ABC should get their winners to do interviews on her show now that she isn't directly associated to The Voice anymore but then again, she still works for NBC so idk how much that could keep that from happening LOL 

• Haha 2