American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

28 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Seems like none of them want to win, though. :haha:

I think those who are still in have gone far enough. They’re either going to make it the industry, or not. Surviving another week or two in the contest won’t change that, IMO. 

Yeah that's why I think most of them are fine with going home now. Because unless you have a moment like Emmy did staying another week or two isn't going to do much so why put your mind and body through all that extra stress.

20 hours ago, m1key said:

i agree - this is the most wide open season of the ABC era imo and i can see everyone except McKenna/Julia having a realistic path to winning. 

i've been seeing a lot of this on all social media platforms - let's see if these people are actually tuned in and voting though lol. 

Id argue it's one of the most wide open seasons EVER. I don't think I've ever seen a season where like....anybody in the top 10 had a chance to make the finals. Usually it comes down to 1 or 2 contenders pretty quickly. This season however, it feels like anybody in the top 10 could have made it to the end. Mia, KB, and Kayko are out, but I thought any of them had a chance of top 5 at least, and possibly the finals.  

I have no idea who is going to win, and even some of the eliminated contestants could have potentially won. I find it hard to think of a season that seemed this competitive. Season 5 MAYBE? But even then there were people in the top 10 that had no chance. It's gotta be a top 3 most competitive season ever, right? Which ones compare?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

All these years in, and the contestants STILL think winning will be a magic bullet that will somehow fix their life’s problems. I’d suggest they go have a nice long chat with Maddie Poppe who ended up in debt to the label.

None of us think this honestly LOL… lotssss of BTS things and conversations have been had. Triston’s wise beyond his years for a reason.  He deserves the title and could benefit it more than anyone else.

Also, any of the top 24 can be picked up by the label and they’re not obligated to sign the winner.  There’s a lot of stuff I would love to just outwardly say, but I do think I need to maintain a good relationship with the label from here on out🫠

• Like 12

17 minutes ago, mmmatt said:

None of us think this honestly LOL… lotssss of BTS things and conversations have been had. Triston’s wise beyond his years for a reason.  He deserves the title and could benefit it more than anyone else.

Also, any of the top 24 can be picked up by the label and they’re not obligated to sign the winner.  There’s a lot of stuff I would love to just outwardly say, but I do think I need to maintain a good relationship with the label from here on out🫠

Yeah don't post anything about the label you may regret later.

I'm just looking forward to hearing more music from you in the future. 😇

15 minutes ago, Floaty said:

Yeah don't post anything about the label you may regret later.

I'm just looking forward to hearing more music from you in the future. 😇

sameee!!! parking lot is so good! 

1 hour ago, gnrmjd said:

Id argue it's one of the most wide open seasons EVER. I don't think I've ever seen a season where like....anybody in the top 10 had a chance to make the finals. Usually it comes down to 1 or 2 contenders pretty quickly. This season however, it feels like anybody in the top 10 could have made it to the end. Mia, KB, and Kayko are out, but I thought any of them had a chance of top 5 at least, and possibly the finals.  

I have no idea who is going to win, and even some of the eliminated contestants could have potentially won. I find it hard to think of a season that seemed this competitive. Season 5 MAYBE? But even then there were people in the top 10 that had no chance. It's gotta be a top 3 most competitive season ever, right? Which ones compare?

Season 11 was very competitive. iirc Nigel tweeted that different people led the vote each week throughout a specific portion of the competition.

http://www.idolseason.com/american-idol-producer-nigel-lythgoe-gossips-about-show-voting-andmore/

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mmmatt said:

you don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable, but are you and the fellow female contestants aware of the voting audience's bias against women and the lack of female winners on the show? does/did that have an impact on how you all view the competition? how so?

just curious since this is something i've always wondered

• Like 1

It’s probably a 360 deal, so they have to share a portion of all revenue with the label (touring, merch, etc). 

IMO, Triston isn’t ready, and may need at least a couple years for his voice to develop more. I need to be convinced that winning would be great for him in the long run. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, m1key said:

Season 11 was very competitive. iirc Nigel tweeted that different people led the vote each week throughout a specific portion of the competition.

http://www.idolseason.com/american-idol-producer-nigel-lythgoe-gossips-about-show-voting-andmore/

Good call! Im thinking maybe S5, S11, S22, stand out as the most competitive seasons, as in, the seasons where it was least obvious who would go out and who would make it to the finals? They probably had the most potential Top 2/3 finalists out of any season I can remember. 

In most seasons, like S2, or S4, the Clay/Ruben, Carrie/Bo finales, were hardly surprising.

58 minutes ago, m1key said:

you don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable, but are you and the fellow female contestants aware of the voting audience's bias against women and the lack of female winners on the show? does/did that have an impact on how you all view the competition? how so?

just curious since this is something i've always wondered

I know a couple of them read this forum haha.  As sad as it is, it’s that way in the music business all the way around.  If you’re a woman you have to work twice as hard… and if you’re a POC, even double that.  Lainey Wilson was literally the only solo female artist to have a number one on the country charts last year.  I knew about the audience’s favor to men (specifically straight, white country males) since I had seen it play out on The Voice and just from watching Idol over the years. We (the female contestants) never talked about it, but I think we all knew and know simply based off of what it’s like to be a woman in this industry (and the world) already lol.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, mmmatt said:

I know a couple of them read this forum haha.  As sad as it is, it’s that way in the music business all the way around.  If you’re a woman you have to work twice as hard… and if you’re a POC, even double that.  Lainey Wilson was literally the only solo female artist to have a number one on the country charts last year.  I knew about the audience’s favor to men (specifically straight, white country males) since I had seen it play out on The Voice and just from watching Idol over the years. We (the female contestants) never talked about it, but I think we all knew and know simply based off of what it’s like to be a woman in this industry (and the world) already lol.

Hey mia! Very insightful read on what you've said - hope you don't let it discourage you! You are incredibly talented and I look forward to the work that you will release in the near future! 

• Like 3

Yep, the bias against women has always been prevalent on this show, but even more noticeable now that the show isn’t the juggernaut it used to be. You had Bo’s fans calling Carrie a dumb blonde, Taylor of all people winning over Katharine McPhee, etc. I have a great aunt who always votes for the rock or country males every year lol, so I know there are many more like her out there. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Season 7 and 8 back to back?

Extremely competitive...

Folks are STILL mad that Cook won over Archie. 

Not mentioning Lambert vs Allen because that's like Clay and Reuben...

Only I am pretty sure Kris and Adam don't exactly text anymore. 🙄 

Posted (edited)

at this point i feel pretty comfortable in predicting McKenna/Julia as the boots. i think there is an outside chance of Triston and an even smaller chance of Emmy going home instead of Julia, but it would require both of them doing poorly and Julia absolutely delivering. 

i think Triston is likely going out at Top 5 and Emmy/Jack will end up competing for the 3rd spot of an Abi and Will Final 2. 

Edited by m1key

5 minutes ago, m1key said:

at this point i feel pretty comfortable in predicting McKenna/Julia as the boots. i think there is an outside chance of Triston and an even smaller chance of Emmy going home instead of Julia, but it would require both of them doing poorly and Julia absolutely delivering. 

i think Triston is likely going out at Top 5 and Emmy/Jack will end up competing for the 3rd spot of an Abi and Will Final 2. 

as much as triston has been kinda falling flat the last few performances, I just dont see the voters letting him go just yet. He had a positive edit on sundays performance so I think he's prob still in the running - however jack is def right behind him 

Posted (edited)

It’s probably not a coincidence that Emmy and Jack both appeared to have a boost in popularity from singing well known country songs, but that doesn’t mean their actual votes increased in proportion to the positive Facebook reaction. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s probably not a coincidence that Emmy and Jack both appeared to have a boost in popularity from singing well known country songs, but that doesn’t mean their actual votes increased in proportion to the positive Facebook reaction. 

i mean Abi also had her best stats yet from singing a 2000's emo hit lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, m1key said:

i mean Abi also had her best stats yet from singing a 2000's emo hit lol. 

My point is by now, the contestants probably mostly have dedicated weekly voters. Kayko had monster stats and went home the next week. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

something important to consider in the long term that i just realized: 

if TPTB truly want a female winner, there is no way they will use the current Finale format of Top 3 perform, 3rd place is voted off, then voting re-opens again for the Top 2. Season 16 and 18 are the two ABC era winners with female winners, and they are also the only 2 seasons that did not use this format 👀

for example: in theory, Abi could have a strong chance at winning an Abi/Triston/Will Final 3 due to potential of Triston/Will splitting votes. however, if one of the Triston/Will gets 3rd place, their votes will just go to the other which probably solidifies Abi as a second placer. voting needs to close all at once in order for her to have an actual chance. 

Edited by m1key