What are the top 5 seasons in Voice US history?

KingKongWoo

You’ll get a diversity of answers here, but I know season 13 is really well received (and my personal favorite as well)

On the other hand, most see 16 as one of the worst, if not THE worst season overall (although it did give one of the most beloved/agreed upon winners)

• Like 4

S10 takes the cake for me. Didn´t watch it live but I watched the contestants´s performances after, and to this day that group of finalists remains the strongest we´ve ever had IMO.

S17 is runner up in that regard. Very strong final four, and the most fun I´ve had watching a season live (started watching live since S11). Lots of fun following S21 as well.

I´d give a mention to S5 and S13, very strong casts. 

Season 5, and it ain't even close for me.

The quality of performances that season was insane, and it was very unpredictable... at least before Bridge Over Troubled Water happened. Front Runners kept changing week after week.

And not to mention the group performances. Incredible, esp that Bohemian Rhapsody one.

Season 9 isn't that great overall performances wise, but it's my number 2 based on the enjoyment I got watching it.

Season 21, 4, 15, and 22 are very very enjoyable for me as well.

My Top 5: Been Watching Since S14

1. S21

2. S23 (don’t like the format, but has one of my fav vocalist)

3. S17

4. S14

5. S15

Talented but format SUCKED ⬇️

S16 was the all time worst 

S18-S20 were COVID seasons

Edited by Voice

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

On the other hand, most see 16 as one of the worst, if not THE worst season overall (although it did give one of the most beloved/agreed upon winners)

Honestly, S16 >>>> S11 and S18

S16 had great blinds (IDF was uncharacteristically positive, boy did they knew the storm coming), and apart from that, gave us the golden era of meltdowns. It just kept getting worse when you thought it couldn´t: From the poorly executed Cross Battles, to the Blake dominance in that round, then in the Playoffs, then with 3 of them in the finale, it was chaos.

But, as unfair as the whole thing was, I actually found it funny. People said they were gonna quit the show, and there they were the following week, just to see the chaos. So at the very least, the season was memorable. 

S11, apart from a few strong people, had really nothing else going on and dragged quite a bit. 

S18 was dreadful. Yes, COVID happened, but I tend to watch the show everytime I can, and I skipped both the semis and finale there. That should tell you everything. I don´t think I´ve seen  any performances from those two episode sans from Todd´s and TStorm´s semis and that´s it.

Edited by Misirlou

1. Season 5- Great format, great results, great song choices, great finalists, great winner

2. Season 21- Great winner, great finalists, great live show episodes. The only thing I didn’t like was Team Ariana

3. Season 13- Great cast, good T3, many talents in T12, great performances from variety of contestants. The only things holding is back were a certain playoff result and that I didn’t like one of the finalists.

4. Season 10- Favorite winner, excellent T4 and great SF group. My only complaint is the comeback artists

5. Season 9- Two of my all time favorite contestants were in the final 4, and all of the finalists had great performances at points. A few artists in lives weren’t that great though

HMs

Season 4- One of the most talented seasons but results hold it back

Season 8- Good cast in lives, results again hold it back

Season 12- Love the winner. Many really good T12 contestants but finale could have improved

Season 17- Great T4. Lives cast didn’t have much depth though

Season 20- Great talent, excellent winner, the format was short

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

S16 had great blinds (IDF was uncharacteristically positive, boy did they knew the storm coming), and apart from that, gave us the golden era of meltdowns. It just kept getting worse when you thought it couldn´t: From the poorly executed Cross Battles, to the Blake dominance in that round, then in the Playoffs, then with 3 of them in the finale, it was chaos.

Blinds and Battles were really good in S16, but then the cross battles happened and the season declined. I blame the format for the problems with the season more than the cast

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

Blinds and Battles were really good in S16, but then the cross battles happened and the season declined. I blame the format for the problems with the season more than the cast

For sure, the format ruined it, but I do think a big reason as to why IDF dislikes it so much is the cast. We had a lot of country males, which is definitely not IDF´s cup of tea. I myself like a good male country voice and thought all of them making it to the semis, much less 3 in the finale was excessive.

Not to mention that apart from Maelyn, there wasn´t a lot of people that IDF stanned. Probably Domenic, but he got cut off early, and even by playoffs I don´t remember many people caring much. 

But again, the chaos was funny.

Edited by Misirlou

47 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

But, as unfair as the whole thing was, I actually found it funny. People said they were gonna quit the show, and there they were the following week, just to see the chaos. So at the very least, the season was memorable. 

S11, apart from a few strong people, had really nothing else going on and dragged quite a bit. 

S18 was dreadful. Yes, COVID happened, but I tend to watch the show everytime I can, and I skipped both the semis and finale there. That should tell you everything. I don´t think I´ve seen  any performances from those two episode sans from Todd´s and TStorm´s semis and that´s it.

Definitely agree with that. S16 had potential to be one of the best seasons but so many questionable things happened along the way lol.

S11 was definitely my next least favorite. I don't even think it was terrible and it's aged better than I thought it would, but the quality really pales in comparison to the rest.

I'm easy on S18 because of obvious reasons that were out of their control, but even if everything had gone on without a problem, it'd probably still be in the lower half of seasons for me. Not that it was bad, but it wouldn't have been as memorable for any other reason besides it being COVID.

• Like 1

2 was the best.  you had to experience that season live to really get it.  that was an EVENT.  Adam and Christina openly despising each other.  the contestants jumping in on the drama. TMZ articles before each live show.  the most shocking and unexpected winner in reality tv history. it was a WILD ride.  it was truly special and unlike any other season.  

i guess for the rest of the top 5

Season 6 - stacked finalists, unpredictable, one of my fave winners.

Season 8 - incredible winner.

Season 11 - another great group of finalists.  any of those could have won and I would have been happy. 

Season 15 - this was the closest we got to the drama of season 2 with the infamous robegate scandal. good times. 

9 minutes ago, Daillon said:

What did people like about S14? Genuinely asking

Kelly's first season - was a breath of fresh air and a really fun and relatable personality!

This season also featured a lot of my faves that I listen to till this day, along with some stellar performances from them such as:

Sharane Calister - All I Could Do Was Cry, Never Enough

Mia Boostrom - Wade in the Water, Baby I Love You

Jackie Verna - Everything I enjoyed.

Drew Cole - Slow Hands

Reid Umstattd - Let Him Fly KO that was montaged and still SO iconic

Stephanie Skipper - Piece By Piece, These Dreams

Genesis Diaz - Praying, Because of You

I could go on but that you get the point. And that's just Team Adam alone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

What did people like about S14? Genuinely asking

After prelives, Kyla Jade. That's it.

Anyways, I know it was directed at people who actually put it on their list, and like you I am curious because It might make my top 5 least favourite seasons list lol.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

After watching S13 as my first season, I remember being so disappointed when S14 lives came around, especially after a bunch of faves got cut/flopped in the Playoffs. Kyla was the only contestant I consistently liked week after week, with Jackie (Foster) being the only other one I was interested in.

Edited by FloorWax
clarified which Jackie