AI S21 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Night - Top 10 Reveal Discussion

istersay

Just now, FunkyFrankie said:

Abba is rock?!O.o

The rock and roll hall of fame inducts people who have made contributions of some sort to rock music. ABBA's recording techniques were very influential to 70s/80s rock.

• Like 3

Marybeth was quite good with that. it was not as country as i thought it might be.

Just now, QueenCami said:

I always find it to be a little disrespectful when the judges talk about how "everyone is so talented" after a performance. The feedback is supposed to be about the specific person.

I find it a little disrespectful these judges make more money per episode than I'll ever make in my life, and can't even do their job properly. :/

• Like 1

1. Lucy - All Night Long (Lionel Ritchie) - B- - This was… interesting. I liked that she picked a song in her range but felt like it got away from her at the end.
  2. Oliver - Georgia (On My Mind) (Ray Charles) - B- - This was a little sleepy. I was hoping he’d embrace the electric guitar and really take it up a notch but he sounded fine.
  3. Colin - Midnight Rider (Allman Brothers Band) - B - I was expecting Whipping Post so it was a good pick and he actually did well with it, so kudos to him.
  4. Marybeth - Dancing Queen (Abba) - B+ - The arrangement on this was a little odd and felt trapped between the original and a true ballad. I think she should have gone full ballad but she still sounded good. Like Dolly takes on Abba.
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I still think Zachariah is the obvious winner. :haha:

Reallly? How so? :haha: Although of the possible options, I would gladly welcome this. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Expected her to turn it into a ballad. A bit impressed she didn't... but I also think a ballad reimagining would've come across better for her.

Agreed on this.