QC ranks the Blind Auditions [9-1 posted lol]

QueenCami

Hello friends! Taking inspiration (aka stealing the idea) from Bk1234, jarmon, and Someone648, I've decided to rank the blind auditions. 

However, there's a twist! Two mystery no-chair contestants will show up, so if a clue isn't fitting together for any of the chair-turners, keep that in mind...

I will not be ranking Alyssa Lazar due to her performance being montaged. Thus, we have a total of 40 - 1 + 2 = 41 contestants being ranked.

Set 1: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-jumping-on-the-bandwagon-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions/?do=findComment&comment=29037180

41. Michael B

40. Chloe Abbott

39. EJ Michels

38. Ray Uriel

Set 2: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-jumping-on-the-bandwagon-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions/?do=findComment&comment=29039310

37. Mariah Kalia

36. Tiana Goss

35. Talia Smith

34. Sheer Element

Set 3: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-set-3-posted-its-me-hi-im-the-problem-its-me/?do=findComment&comment=29042660

33. Carlos Rising

32. Katie Beth Forakis

31. NOIVAS

30. Manasseh Samone

Set 4: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-set-3-posted-its-me-hi-im-the-problem-its-me/?do=findComment&comment=29043066

29. Walker Wilson

28. Marcos Covos

27. Mary Kate Connor

26. Alex Whalen

Set 5: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-set-4-posted-kacey-musgraves-has-answered-the-phone/?do=findComment&comment=29046036

25. Neil Salsich

24. ALI

23. Laura Littleton

22. Ross Clayton

Set 6: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-set-5-posted-moving-into-the-solid-performances/?do=findComment&comment=29047192

21. Magnus

20. Tasha Jessen

19. Sorelle

18. Ryley-Tate Wilson

Set 7: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-set-6-posted-set-7-hints/?do=findComment&comment=29047865

17. Kala Banham

16. D.Smooth

15. Holly Brand

14. Rachel Christine

Set 8: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-17-14-posted-theyre-great-but/?do=findComment&comment=29053420

13. Gina Miles

12. Jamar Langley

11. Kylee Dayne

10. Jayda Klink

Set 9: https://idolforums.com/topic/746676-qc-ranks-the-blind-auditions-13-10-posted-first-no-chair-ranked/?do=findComment&comment=29062704

9-1. Everyone else

Edited by QueenCami
ninth set
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

First set of clues:

- Sasha Allen

- One of this contestant’s backstage supporters was neither listed as a friend nor as a family member.

- Change one letter of this contestant's name, and you get an music-related career.

- This contestant absolutely bodied this song.

Edited by QueenCami

I’m already stuck on which contestant can have an art related career by changing one letter 💀

Maybe Sasha Allen is Sheer Element bc Jej is a returning contestant, and there was Sasha Allen back on S4 (same name, different person)?? Idk that’s probably stretching it though lol

18 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

However, there's a twist! Two mystery no-chair contestants will show up, so if a clue isn't fitting together for any of the chair-turners, keep that in mind...

if dasha isnt one of them

Gerard Butler GIF by Den of Thieves

17 minutes ago, nytsch said:

I’m already stuck on which contestant can have an art related career by changing one letter 💀

Maybe Sasha Allen is Sheer Element bc Jej is a returning contestant, and there was Sasha Allen back on S4 (same name, different person)?? Idk that’s probably stretching it though lol

very interesting to read through y'all's thoughts. keep it up !!

13 minutes ago, erik g said:

if dasha isnt one of them

Gerard Butler GIF by Den of Thieves

the stakes are high 😬 but don't worry, i ranked the contestants today and there are plenty of other stuff you'd get even more upset about :wub: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

We’re 2 months away from a “Top 40 ranking of IDF’s Top 40 rankings from Season 23”

Clues

-The user has the name of one of IDF’s favorite winners

-I hope this user gives spoilers for who is on their list

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I didn't know Cami won! /joking

-The contestant in this person’s username auditioned with a song that was sung in a recent battle by two artists of a similar genre

Edited by Cookie73

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

- Change one letter of this contestant's name, and you get an music-related career.

Editing this from art-related career to music-related career to make it a little clearer?

I'll post writeups and clues for the next set sometime in 12-24 hours, probably.

Edited by QueenCami

- Michael B. (His name is Michael Williams who was also a previous contestant?)

- Chloe Abbott (her coach was supporting her backstage)

- EJ Michels (change E to D, you get DJ)

- ???

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

- Michael B. (His name is Michael Williams who was also a previous contestant?)

- Chloe Abbott (her coach was supporting her backstage)

- EJ Michels (change E to D, you get DJ)

- ???

For the last clue, what if its Ray Uriel because the contestant Bodie sang Glimpse of Us as well last season

I'm sorry guys, points are involved and the Filipino honor student in me is ravenous :dead:

Edited by FloorWax

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

For the last clue, what if its Ray Uriel because the contestant Bodie sang Glimpse of Us as well last season

I'm sorry guys, points are involved and the Filipino honor student in me is ravenous :dead:

I was thinking about Ray being very low because QueenCami clearly is not a fan of him, and you just made sense with your guess on the clue. Yeah, definitely Ray

6 hours ago, QueenCami said:

First set of clues:

- Sasha Allen

- One of this contestant’s backstage supporters was neither listed as a friend nor as a family member.

- This contestant absolutely bodied this song.

I noticed there's points involved so time to decipher.

- Michael B. (Michael Williams who is also on American Idol rn lololol)

- Chloe Abbott (someone mentioned her coach)

- EJ Michels (DJ)

- I don't know whether to read it as "bodie'd" or "bod-ied" so imma just make a random guess and say this is Walker Wilson.

14 minutes ago, jarmon said:

I noticed there's points involved so time to decipher.

- Michael B. (Michael Williams who is also on American Idol rn lololol)

- Chloe Abbott (someone mentioned her coach)

- EJ Michels (DJ)

- I don't know whether to read it as "bodie'd" or "bod-ied" so imma just make a random guess and say this is Walker Wilson.

OR 4 is ALI maybe

41. Michael B.

Although Michael started off reasonably strong, his performance weakened as he continued. My friend, who was listening along (and does not watch The Voice), noted that this was the wrong song for him, which I wholeheartedly agree with. There were moments of greatness throughout the performance, like the run on “your” that I believe @jarmon mentioned previously. Nonetheless, there were also some runs that didn’t pan out properly and the “Save Your Tears” at ~1:12 didn’t sound great to me. If I were ranking the first 50 seconds of this performance, this might have been higher, but as the song got faster, his performance quality dropped. Overall, a good singer who was handicapped by a poor song choice.

HINT: “Sasha Allen.” [Points awarded: @FloorWax]

There have been two Sasha Allens on the show, pointing to the fact that Michael B. (Williams) also shares a name with a previous contestant — Michael Williams of season 18.

40. Chloe Abbott

Although Chloe has a pretty tone, her performance didn’t come together well for me. The first 30 seconds were okay, but as she moved into her higher register, the performance became less pleasant, as she missed some notes. Furthermore, her higher register felt thin and not very impactful, which is a shame because she spent so much of the song in her upper register. Overall, I wasn’t left with really any positive impression because the bad notes stuck out so much to me and there were no particularly strong moments to counterbalance them. As such, Chloe ranks near the bottom of this list; however, if she picks song choices that allow her to show off her tone without stretching her upper register as much, I suspect I’ll enjoy her singing more.

HINT: “One of this contestant’s backstage supporters was neither listed as a friend nor as a family member.” [Points Awarded: @AliXRose]

Chloe’s coach was one of her backstage supporters.

39. EJ Michels

EJ’s blind audition showed that he’s a very talented vocalist; I was very impressed with how high his belts went and most of his runs were very smooth. Nonetheless, there were enough moments that felt off to me that I had to rank this low. For example, the second time he sang “Easy on Me,” he ended the “Me” with an odd note. Frankly, I think EJ should have taken on an easier song; it’s very vocally demanding and although it allowed him to show off his skills, it also exposed some weaknesses that many other songs wouldn’t have. Props to him for the daring song choice and I look forward to hearing him take on new songs in the coming rounds.

HINT: “This contestant’s name rhymes with an art-related career.” [Points awarded: @FloorWax]

EJ rhymes with DJ.

38. Ray Uriel

The beginning of this performance was really pretty; Ray has a really nice tone. However, as soon as he started using runs and his falsetto (particularly both together), the performance went awry. There were still nice moments throughout, but I was overall disappointed and I’m not sure I concur with this performance getting a chair turn. Unlike EJ and Michael, Ray lacked strong vocal moments in his performance, as most of the typically more impressive parts (falsetto / runs) were slightly off. Nonetheless, his tone is really nice, so I look forward to hearing more of him in the future rounds, and I hope he improves upon his technique.

HINT: “This contestant absolutely bodied this song.” [Points awarded: @FloorWax]

This hint is a pun, as runner-up bodie, from last season, covered “Glimpse of Us” as well.

FYI the number of points awarded is equivalent to the number of contestants still left in the ranking prior to the set being posted. This is to compensate for the fact that, the more contestants left, the more options there are for each hint, so the harder it is.

- Additionally, for points, ideally you would put all of your guesses in one unedited post (w/ contestant names labeled for each clue). Only the first answer to each clue counts for points (but feel free to continue to speculate), but also, only the first person to guess the correct answer gets points, so act fast! 

- If you don't know the answer to a clue, then you can leave it blank and answer it in a later post.

- If you don't wanna participate in the points system, you don't have to, and you can just treat this like a regular ranking. I just thought this could be a fun way to increase engagement!

That being said -- hints for the next round!

- This contestant aired first.

- This contestant’s blind auditions outfit was partially revealed early.

- This contestant wasn’t quite like a bird.

- This contestant’s audition had strikingly similar assets and detractors to a contestant’s audition from Season 22.

41. You're wrong. 

40. I understand this placement. The beginning sounded ok but her higher register sounded pretty thin. 

39. Barely remember this (sounded great in his battle though)

38. It was so boring

• Like 1

I’m going to be brief with my responses because I exhausted myself on the other threads

EJ is much lower than where I would put him (a middle position) and Michael is closer to where the other rankers had him (not my least favorite audition). The other 2 placements were accurate

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1