The Masked Singer Season 9 - Feb 15, 2023

not the results i expected. 
Edited by jdanton2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Can’t say I’m not sad about the result, but the outcome was spoiled to me in a YouTube comment, so I’ve had time to process.

Regardless, David didn’t seem too heartbroken about the outcome, so I shouldn’t be, either. I think really just getting to go on national tv and truly be himself as an out queer man for the first time… that’s more of a victory than any trophy or title. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, istersay said:

Congrats to the winner didn't know about them

not sure i had heard of her until some of speculation that it was her.

This was one of the stronger finales the show has had over its nine seasons.

Both Macaw and Medusa came in with their A games. I thought Macaw would win due to being a more consistent vocalist, but that didn't prove to be the case. It was easy to see he was David Archuleta from the beginning with the clues and hearing the first note come out of his mouth. He has gone through a lot over the past year with him coming out as LGBTQ+ and more vocal cord issues, so it was really nice to see him do something like this. However, he'll have to add another silver medal to his collection. :haha:

As for Medusa, she had one heck of a journey on the show. She went from nearly being eliminated but saved by the season's gimmick to winning the Wildcard Round to outlasting the act that beat her in the final round of her group to winning the shebang. She was a very dynamic and powerful singer (sometimes too much) who knew how to put on a performance. I predicted her to be Fergie, but Nicole who looked ravishing as always was dead on with the Bishop Briggs guess. Her singing her River with the panel joining her on stage was a good way to close the season.

Speaking of the season, I'd put this one in the middle of the pack. It wasn't the worst, but it wasn't as strong as some of the other seasons. Again, the format wasn't the most ideal, and the celebrities weren't the strongest overall. The show having a 10th season is something I didn't see coming when it first came to the states. However, I think the options are dwindling as far as acts are concerned. Regardless, I'll still watch because it's still good entertainment.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2023 at 6:10 PM, jdanton2 said:

Ahhhh I LOVE seeing this, but where were all these people in the studio audience? 😭 :broken: 

It is 2008 (Idol) AND season 3 of TMS all over again for me with this finale. 👽 😭 :broken:  That aside.... I obviously knew who Macaw was all along, and I am so impressed and happy with his journey on this show. Both performances tonight gave me chills and the second one brought me to tears. 😭  As did Ken's comments after the reveal... wow. Ignoring the fact that it was not 2007 and "Imagine" was not his first performance. :giggle:But really, it's amazing what Ken shared, and I'm soooo happy David got to hear those words (as well as everything else from the panel). bye2.gif.7960d44992e1eeff806cdce1d9856c2 I LOVE YOU, MACAW, AND YOU ARE MORE THAN A FOREVER RUNNER-UP. 😭 ❤️❤️❤️ 

PS: Thank you, Ken, for making me laugh again with that Susan Boyle guess. 😢 :dead:  Macaw laughed too. :giggle: Oh and whoa... I did not expect that Medusa reveal and swore she was someone else this whole time. :shock: :dead: 

• Like 3

Also, Macaw saying that not a lot of people knew about his vocal cord issues last year.... oh, you mean the ones that cancelled the tour that has previously been postponed about 10 times and got me everything refunded rather than another flawless concert? :wub: :dead: 

But seriously, so glad he's better now... and better than ever. ❤️ :archgosh: 

• Like 1

Bishop Briggs never charted on the Hot 100 with her song  River but went top 10 at rock and alternative radio. it is currently #17 on itunes  after being performed last night.

• Like 1

Oops I forgot to post in here sometime last week (or this week lol).  But I thought that was a really strong finale show!

I really enjoyed both Macaw and Medusa through this whole season. 

I did recognize and get that Macaw was David Archuleta right from his first performance and I recognized his voice right away, so I'm proud of myself for that. Then I rewatched his clues package video and it all clicked and I never swayed away from him. He's delivered lots of great performances throughout his run. His second performance of "All By Myself" was really great and touching. It's a bummer he came in 2nd again but he's gone through so much over the last year (or few years), so him being his true self and feeling bettter and getting to perform this way - proud and happy for him for that. :yes: 

I'm probably one of the bigger supporters of Medusa here and yeah I really enjoyed her throughout the season. Crisis explained her journey so well - it was one heck of a journey for sure... just wow. :dead: But my biggest disappointment was finding out that Medusa was Bishop Briggs, instead of Fergie, who I thought it was right from her first performance. 😭 Ugh I was so proudo f myself thinking it was Fergie only to be let down that it wasn't but oh well. :dead: And in fact she was Bishop Briggs. 😮 Lots of those clues really fit Fergie and they have similar voices, lol. I am not too familiar with Bishop but I know her song "River" and remember her guest performing on Idol in the past. But she gave some great dramatic/entertaining performances and I'm fine with her winning.

Major props to Nicole on guessing both of the Top 2 correctly! :yes: 

A fun season overall. Still not loving the format but I've kinda given up on the show returning back to its original format. :dead: Hope I am proven wrong.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, miss denise said:

Oh and whoa... I did not expect that Medusa reveal and swore she was someone else this whole time. :shock: :dead: 

Curious who you thought Medusa was because I thought she was Fergie all this time. :dead: 

• 7 months later...