The Masked Singer Season 9 - Feb 15, 2023

starting early this season . even though the last couple seasons were not as good as previous ones i still enjoyed it.

https://screenrant.com/masked-singer-season-9-premiere-date-announced/

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 2:34 PM, jdanton2 said:

starting early this season . even though the last couple seasons were not as good as previous ones i still enjoyed it.

https://screenrant.com/masked-singer-season-9-premiere-date-announced/

same, I still enjoy the show, and seeing the celebs unmasked

• 4 weeks later...

hard to believe Season 9 starts a week from tomorrow.

https://ew.com/tv/the-masked-singer-season-9-new-costumes-themes-twists/

'The Masked Singer' season 9 reveals new costumes, themes, and big elimination twist

IMG_20200213_174800_940 By Lauren Huff February 06, 2023 at 05:00 PM EST
3–4 minutes

Meet the "Ding Dong Keep It On" bell.

THE MASKED SINGER

The new episodes will also feature the supersized twists first introduced last season, namely, a "Champion of the Masked Singer"-style competition with sudden elimination and double unmaskings in every episode. However, EW can reveal that, for the first time ever, panelists will have the opportunity to save a singer from looming elimination with the "Ding Dong Keep It On" Bell which can only be used once per group.

The show has also been given an updated stage design to incorporate the largest audience in Masked Singer history, who will once again be tasked with voting for their favorite masked celebrity performer. The singer with the least amount of votes will unmask mid-show, and the remaining two singers will face off in a Battle Royale performance, with the winner moving on to compete the following week, and the other contestant unmasking. It will all ultimately lead to three finalists left standing to compete in the semi-finals.

Another one of the fan-favorite season 8 twists is making a comeback in season 9 — themed nights — which will be weaved throughout the performers' song selections, costumes, celebrity guests, set design, and may even provide clues as to who is under the mask. This season's themes are set to include: "Abba Night," "New York Night," "DC Superhero Night," "Sesame Street Night," "'80s Night," "Movie Night," and "The Masked Singer in Space Night."

EW can also unveil the first look at three costumes — Gnome, Mustang, and Medusa. Check those out below.

These costumes join the previously announced Dandelion, Jackalope, Gargoyle, and California Roll.

Viewers can once again expect a starry lineup of guest stars to appear on the show, however, names are being kept under wraps for now. As they did last season, Thicke and Scherzinger are expected to return to the stage for a couple of special performances.

See how all the zany fun unfolds when season 9 debuts on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. on Fox.

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

It is crazy that this show is coming back next week. :haha: I'm kinda not ready for it but I'll get ready for it soon..... I have to, anyway. :haha: 

Ugh they are using the same format from last year? Not a fan of that as we barely get to know or connect with the masked singers. :( 

The "Ding Dong Keep It On" Bell twist does sound interesting though. 😮 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

hard to believe Season 9 starts a week from tomorrow.

https://ew.com/tv/the-masked-singer-season-9-new-costumes-themes-twists/

'The Masked Singer' season 9 reveals new costumes, themes, and big elimination twist

IMG_20200213_174800_940 By Lauren Huff February 06, 2023 at 05:00 PM EST
3–4 minutes

Meet the "Ding Dong Keep It On" bell.

THE MASKED SINGER

The new episodes will also feature the supersized twists first introduced last season, namely, a "Champion of the Masked Singer"-style competition with sudden elimination and double unmaskings in every episode. However, EW can reveal that, for the first time ever, panelists will have the opportunity to save a singer from looming elimination with the "Ding Dong Keep It On" Bell which can only be used once per group.

The show has also been given an updated stage design to incorporate the largest audience in Masked Singer history, who will once again be tasked with voting for their favorite masked celebrity performer. The singer with the least amount of votes will unmask mid-show, and the remaining two singers will face off in a Battle Royale performance, with the winner moving on to compete the following week, and the other contestant unmasking. It will all ultimately lead to three finalists left standing to compete in the semi-finals.

Another one of the fan-favorite season 8 twists is making a comeback in season 9 — themed nights — which will be weaved throughout the performers' song selections, costumes, celebrity guests, set design, and may even provide clues as to who is under the mask. This season's themes are set to include: "Abba Night," "New York Night," "DC Superhero Night," "Sesame Street Night," "'80s Night," "Movie Night," and "The Masked Singer in Space Night."

EW can also unveil the first look at three costumes — Gnome, Mustang, and Medusa. Check those out below.

These costumes join the previously announced Dandelion, Jackalope, Gargoyle, and California Roll.

Viewers can once again expect a starry lineup of guest stars to appear on the show, however, names are being kept under wraps for now. As they did last season, Thicke and Scherzinger are expected to return to the stage for a couple of special performances.

See how all the zany fun unfolds when season 9 debuts on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. on Fox.

starting to get excited for this :w00tbounce:

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

It is crazy that this show is coming back next week. :haha: I'm kinda not ready for it but I'll get ready for it soon..... I have to, anyway. :haha: 

Ugh they are using the same format from last year? Not a fan of that as we barely get to know or connect with the masked singers. :( 

The "Ding Dong Keep It On" Bell twist does sound interesting though. 😮 

oh no I hate that format, but at least it's still coming back :haha:

• Like 1

it is on.

Mustang was good.

Gnome did ok as well but not as good as Mustang.

Medusa was my least favorite.

Gnome was 97 year old Dick Van Dyke

• Like 1

Gnome was definitely the weakest of this group. So I am sure Gnome would surely be eliminated.

Mustang was really good and a great way to open up the show. Medusa was insane though! :omg: I was not expecting that performance.  A thought I have below:

For some reason, I'm getting Fergie vibes from her. I'm sure I'm wrong on this but that's just where I'm standing as her vocal reminds me of her. Hmm Nicole's guess on Lorde is interesting but I don't know about her having that kind of range.

• Like 1

Mustang was country singer Sara Evans . not a fan of country but she sounded pretty good on the show . thought she was much better than Medusa on both songs.

• Like 1

Gnome being the first one eliminated makes sense.

Ooh whoaa, that was Dick Van Dyke. :shock: Wow.... that's such a legend.... I was not expecting that to be him at all.  :omg: 

Wow Robin & Nicole got that wrong. They (especially Robin) seemed so confident in his guess that I was even thinking it was him. :haha: 

Wow he's 97 years old? It's incredible how he's still performing! :omg: 

• Like 1

Really happy for Medusa on winning the battle. But at the same time, sad to lose Mustang. :( 

Ooh whoaa, wow that was Sara Evans. 😮 Okay again, I was not expecting that but then again, I don't really know her voice that well. So I probably wouldn't have been able to guess her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, istersay said:

OMG how could I forget :oops:

i don't think any of the singers so far were as good as previous ones . costumes were good though.

A strong opener all things considered. Them being able to land a legend like Dick Van Dyke is huge. I thought having William Shatner on the show last season was big. Him being able to sing and move like that at 97 was impressive. With that said, it made sense for him to leave early because he may not have had more performances in him. Also, that costume looked hot. It wouldn't surprise me if anyone passed out in it.

Mustang and Medusa was a toss up. Mustang was a better technical singer, but Medusa had more dynamics with her voice and was more showy. In this format the latter tends to be favorable. I wouldn't have guessed Mustang as Sara Evans; then again, I didn't pay much attention to the clues.

As for the Ding Dong Keep It On Bell (i.e., the gimmick for this season): meh. I haven't been impressed with any of the gimmicks the past few seasons.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bswanson said:

Medusa is Fergie based on the clues. she sang national anthem BEP did halftime and Buckingham palace after the Royal Fergie 

she could be she sounds much better on the music  she has released than the show so far.

• Like 1

starting now with Abba night.

• Like 1