Jump to content

The Masked Singer Season 9 - Feb 15, 2023


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

OMG did not expect this

 

Reveal 1 

 

3 minutes ago, istersay said:

OMG did not expect this

 

Reveal 1 

 

  Hide contents

  Dandelion 

reveal it's  Alicia Witt

 

 

i thought she was good . not sure i  knew who she was before tonight.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jdanton2 said:

i thought she was good . not sure i  knew who she was before tonight.

she's been in a bunch of stuff, did you see the movie Two Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, istersay said:

she's been in a bunch of stuff, did you see the movie Two Weeks Notice with Sandra Bullock?

i might have seen her on things but did not know who she was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, istersay said:

I'm happy with the results

 

Reveal 2

 

  Reveal hidden contents

   Lamp

 


reveal it's Melissa Joan Hart
 

 

 

i thought all three were somewhat good. i guess they are running out of singers that want to do the show.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

i thought all three were somewhat good. i guess they are running out of singers that want to do the show.

that could be true, or real singers are too busy to do it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was a really fun and pretty good episode tonight. I thought all 3 acts were good and that the results were going to be really tough and tight all over the night.


I was really surprised about Dandelion being the first one eliminated. :shock: Now I'm kinda lowkey mad at Robin using that save last week as I felt Dandelion would have really deserved it here tonight. :ph34rwave: I never would have expected Dandelion to be Alicia Witt, as well I am not really sure who she is. Oops. But well done to Ken on guessing her right!


And aww Lamp was really fun. I didn't know who to guess for her but with the majority of the judges guessing Melissa Joan Hart, it all made a lot of sense. I've been a fan of Melissa's for decades ever since I was a young kid and watched all of her TV shows and some movies, so it was really fun seeing her on this show. I'm kinda shocked she's never sang in public like this before. But she did well considering this is out of her comfort zone.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

i thought all three were somewhat good. i guess they are running out of singers that want to do the show.

Ah yeah this is bound to happen with the show having so many seasons but also having so many acts on each season and just lasting one episode with this newer format. The drawing pool of celebrities to do the show is really gonna run out soon. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I thought it was a really fun and pretty good episode tonight. I thought all 3 acts were good and that the results were going to be really tough and tight all over the night.


I was really surprised about Dandelion being the first one eliminated. :shock: Now I'm kinda lowkey mad at Robin using that save last week as I felt Dandelion would have really deserved it here tonight. :ph34rwave: I never would have expected Dandelion to be Alicia Witt, as well I am not really sure who she is. Oops. But well done to Ken on guessing her right!


And aww Lamp was really fun. I didn't know who to guess for her but with the majority of the judges guessing Melissa Joan Hart, it all made a lot of sense. I've been a fan of Melissa's for decades ever since I was a young kid and watched all of her TV shows and some movies, so it was really fun seeing her on this show. I'm kinda shocked she's never sang in public like this before. But she did well considering this is out of her comfort zone.
 

I agree that they wasted a save last time, oh well lol

 

Melissa and Alicia both did a great job on the show. How many weeks are left?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, istersay said:

I agree that they wasted a save last time, oh well lol

 

Melissa and Alicia both did a great job on the show. How many weeks are left?

Exactly my thoughts. :haha: I knew that was going to be the case.

 

That's a good question. Off the top of my head, there should be: the wild card show with the 3 saved acts performing, then the Semi-Final show with the 3 winning acts + 1 wildcard winning act. Then I think after that is the final with the Final 3? But then I don't know if it's going to be a finale with 3 acts - or a finale with 2 acts. :unsure: I also don't know if they are going to have a recap show in there. So my guess is that there's 3 or 4 more shows left. Leaning towards 3 shows.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had no idea what they had in mind for the Space Theme, but the episode wasn't that bad. Having said that, I knew Rocket Man would be performed at some point by either a contestant or in the Battle Royale. :haha:

 

All three acts were good, although UFO got off to a rough start at first. Speaking of UFO, I knew she would advance after Dandelion was eliminated. While on the subject of Dandelion, I thought she was the best of the three, so her being the first eliminated was a bit of a surprise. I heard of the name Alicia Witt, but I'm not all that familiar with her. Well, what do you know; Ken got another non-athlete right. :haha: I had a feeling he would because he was serious and not his usual playful self.

 

I'll say it: Lamp's costume was kind of creepy with the eyes in the lampshade. It's too bad because the rest of the costume was nice. Other than that, she was the weakest of the three, so no issues with her elimination. It looks like the panel was on the same page with the Melissa Joan Hart guess. For someone who has never sung in public before, she did a commendable job and should be proud of herself.

 

As for the bell gimmick, in hindsight I agreed with one of the saves, and that would be Medusa. I personally would've saved Fairy in Round 2 and Dandelion in Round 3, but I doubt the panel could've known how the rest of the acts would sound like after using the bell.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

April19 recap show

The Masked Singer

Supreme Six
SEASON 9, EPISODE 10 • NEW

8:00 PM ON FOX  • TV-PG • STEREO • CC • DVS

A recap of the journeys of the three remaining champions and the three remaining underdogs; a new performance from each of the champions, as well as all-new clues and behind-the-scenes footage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, istersay said:

April19 recap show

The Masked Singer

Supreme Six
SEASON 9, EPISODE 10 • NEW

8:00 PM ON FOX  • TV-PG • STEREO • CC • DVS

A recap of the journeys of the three remaining champions and the three remaining underdogs; a new performance from each of the champions, as well as all-new clues and behind-the-scenes footage.

 

the following week might  be the three wild card  singers and then the final 4.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Aww darn, I had a feeling a recap show was coming. :( But I thought it would be right before the finale (as that's when it usually happens). At least we'll get new performances from the 3 semi-finalists.

 

:shock:  I totally missed that part... or didn't read anything after "recap." :dead: YAY for new performances! :w00tbounce: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

finale is May 17th.

 

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/masked-singer/listings/

 

5/17/23 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX Season finale
5/10/23 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX TBA
5/3/23 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX TBA
4/26/23 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX (MS-911) Battle of the Saved
4/19/23 (We.) 8:00 PM FOX

(MS-910) Supreme Six

 

Edited by jdanton2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MASKED SINGER, THE
Air Date: Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Time Slot: 8:00 PM-9:01 PM EST on FOX
Episode Title: (MS-910) "Supreme Six"
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/images/spacer.gif
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/images/spacer.gif
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Audio descriptions for The Masked Singer and Famer Wants A Wife are available on the SAP Audio Channel.]

- The Masked Singer - (8:00-9:01 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

LOOK BACK ON ALL OF THE FAN-FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM SEASON 9 ON AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF THE MASKED SINGER WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19, ON FOX

In this special episode of The Masked Singer, the road to the finals is underway as we recap the journeys of the three remaining champions and the three remaining underdogs, while also looking back on the season and who has been eliminated thus far. The episode will feature a new performance from each of the champions, as well as all-new clues and behind-the-scenes footage. Season Nine contestants boast a combined 28 Emmy Nominations, 6 Grammy Wins, 10 Gold Albums, 4 Golden Globe Nominations, 5 Medals, 26 Books, 2 Tony Award Nominations, 5 Lifetime Achievement Awards, 4 Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and a combined 95,231,000 records sold. Play along with host Nick Cannon and celebrity panelists Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg, Nicole Scherzinger and Robin Thicke in the all-new "Supreme Six" episode of The Masked Singer airing Wednesday, April 19 (8:00-9:01PM ET/PT) on FOX. (MS-910) (TV-PG L)

Host: Nick Cannon

Panelists: Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy Walhberg, Nicole Scherzinger and Robin Thicke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...