Which of the 4 coaches this season is the best vocalist?

CocoaPuffs

Which of the 4 coaches is the best vocalist?   

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which male coach is better?

• John Legend
    • Blake Shelton
  2. 2. Which female coach is better?

• Camila Cabello
    • Gwen Stefani
  3. 3. Which coach is the best vocalist overall?

• Blake Shelton
    • Gwen Stefani
    • Camila Cabello
    • John Legend

I´ll say this: it´s apples and oranges. Both camps could not consist of more different singers.

Blake vs John: John is more agile vocally and has a better high register, obviously his the ability to do runs that Blake doesn´t, but Blake has a great rasp that allows him to get a heavier effect in his vocals when he uses it (God´s Country, his cover of She Talks to Angels), and he´s able to go lower than John. 

Gwen vs Camila: Again, couldn´t be more different. Camila´s case is the same as John, she obviously can do stuff with her voice than Gwen can´t, because she´s not that type of vocalist. But Gwen´s strength is versatility. Her voice adapts to different genres in a way that Camila´s doesn´t. Put them together singing a reggae song, and you´ll easily see who shines more. 

It´s really a matter of preference. Considering many people are more drawn to pure vocal technique, it´s not a surprise that John and Camila are leading, especially John, who I recognize has a gorgeous tone. 

There isn´t a Kelly Clarkson here. That girl is not human. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

The overall top vocalists out of all the coaches are clearly JHud, Christina, Kelly, and Ariana. The number one best in my opinion is JHud. Her performance of "I Will Always Love You' and the 2010 BET Honors is one of my favorite live performances of all time. It was vocally flawless, and Whitneys reaction in the audience made it even more special to me. You can make a solid argument for all 4 of them though.

Edited by erik g
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, erik g said:

The overall top vocalists out of all the coaches are clearly JHud, Christina, Kelly, and Ariana. The number one best in my opinion is JHud. Her performance of "I Will Always Love You' and the 2010 BET Honors is one of my favorite live performances of all time. It was vocally flawless, and Whitneys reaction in the audience made it even more special to me. You can make a solid argument for all 4 of them though.

actually i think it’s Nick. his voice is as big as his personality!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, erik g said:

Agreed but what ab this season?

10 hours ago, BlakePointingHisFinger said:

How about we rank all coaches as vocalists? My personal ranking would be sth like:

1 Kelly

2 JHud

3 Xtina

4 Ariana

5 Ceelo

6 Miley

7 Alicia

8 John 

9 Usher

10 Camila

11 Blake

12 Adam

13 Nick

14 Shakira

15 Gwen

16 Pharrell

OMG this should be a thread 😭 someone make it one haha

anyways  I would say

1. Kelly (queen)
2. Jhud 

3. Ariana 
4. Miley (extremely underrated vocalist imo)

4. Alicia 

6. John 

7. Xtina (not a fan at all - I honestly would much prefer to listen to Camila lol but I can acknowledge she’s prob a better vocalist) 

8. Camila (hard to place her bc she’s very skilled in some parts of her voice and very underdeveloped in other parts) 

9. Usher

10. Gwen 

11. Adam 
12. Blake 

13. Nick 

14. Shakira 

15. Ceelo (I’ve never rly heard much of him so idrk oops) 

16. Pharrell