• Justin Aaron vs Destiny Leigh - No More Drama
  2. 2. Grade Ep 2 (Battles)

• A (Amazing)
    • B (Good)
    • C (Ok)
    • D (Subpar)
    • F (Fail)

The Good:

1. Justin Aaron vs. Destiny Leigh: Justin has blown us all away every time and I see him doing that all the way up until the final 10 or so, at the very least. Destiny kept up really well though and proved that she deserved to stay! They both KILLED it.

2. Ava Lynn vs. Orlando Mendez: Interesting arrangement that worked pretty well. Ava was robbed massively and honestly should've won that battle, but Orlando did good enough to deserve to move on too. Still really bummed about Ava though.

3. Cara Brindisi vs. Jay Allen: What a mesmerizing, calming battle. Cara won this one for me, but both of their tones are to die for. They complemented each other so well!

The Bad:

4. Reina Ley vs. Grace Bello: Definitely an awkward song choice for Grace. She did the best she could to make the song fit her style, but it just didn't come together. Reina really shined, but the performance as a whole just wasn't good.

5. Bodie vs. Jaeden Luke: I HATED the song choice. I still enjoyed Bodie's performance though, purely because he really took advantage of all his solos. I love Jaeden, but this was really weak for him. As a whole, all I heard was "luh luh luh luh luh luh luh luh" over and over and I did not enjoy it. I'm glad Jaeden got to escape Team Blake at the very least.

6. Nia Skyfer vs. Emma Brooke: Awkward pairing, awkward song. To be fair, I honestly don't think the pairing of the two of them would've worked on ANY song, but... It's unfortunate that we had to watch that in full when, inevitably, better battles will get montaged.

I expected to love Justin vs Destiny, but after seeing Ali Caldwell's arrangement of 'No More Drama,' I honestly can't get behind the arrangement. They both did amazing, but I just felt like it could've been rearranged.

Also, I wish I knew what Camila was thinking with "Country Rocket Man" and "The Two-Most Talented Vocalists Never Sing Together"

SLAYYYYYYYYYED

1. Destiny and Justin: Definitely best Battle so far for me. This was honestly so close but I just love Justins tone. Had to rewatch to decide who I'd pick lol

Great!

2. Cara vs. Jay: Caras tone is to die for. Jay did a great job too, deserved steal

3. Bodie vs. Jaeden: Loved how laid back this was. Both deserved to move on. 

Good

4. Ava vs. Orlando

Decent

5. Emma vs. Nia

6. Grace vs. Reina

Tonight was a B for me. 

Edited by erik g

6. Ava Lynn Thuresson vs. Orlando Mendez - the wrong winner was picked.

5. Grace Bello vs. Reina Ley - this should be a slam dunk for Grace, but she was too in her head. Reina was more natural and confident.

4. Emma Brooke vs. Nia Skyfer - I dig Nia's vibe in this performance. Emma still feels too poised.
3. Cara Brandisi vs. Jay Allen - I love Jay using his head voice here, it really cuts through.

2. bodie vs. Jaeden Luke - I was torn placing this or the last battle as #1, but it was a pretty laidback performance. I'm obsessed with bodie's tone and vocal prowess.

1. Destiny Leigh vs. Justin Aaron - holy breath control Batman! Justin was real smooth and masterful in this one. Gotta give props as well to Gwen for the improvement in her artists on her battles so far. 

25 minutes ago, British Man said:

I expected to love Justin vs Destiny, but after seeing Ali Caldwell's arrangement of 'No More Drama,' I honestly can't get behind the arrangement. They both did amazing, but I just felt like it could've been rearranged.

Also, I wish I knew what Camila was thinking with "Country Rocket Man" and "The Two-Most Talented Vocalists Never Sing Together"

So I wasn’t the only one. The constant back-and-forth between them didn’t work for me at all (it was a bit distracting). Otherwise a very good battle, but I wouldn’t call it the best battle of the season.

(the last third of the performance was fine though)

Edited by Daillon

B+ for me. A couple of subpar ones, but the highs were really good. 

1. Bodie vs Jaeden Luke: Stripped down, R&B-flavored arrangement hit all of the strides. Bodie is a force, the way he manuvers those riffs with such ease, plus that tone? Fantastic. Jaeden´s no slouch either, gorgeous falsetto, and good guitar player as well. Loved everything about this.

2. Justin Aaron vs Destiny Leigh: The arrangement perhaps could have used a bit more spacing, but man, did they both show up. That was two powerhouse vocalists on stage devouring every one of their notes fantastically. Justin could easily climb up to the front of the Team Gwen pack if he keeps this up.

3. Cara Brindisi vs Jay Allen: This was pretty much dead even vocally, it´s just a matter of tone preference, and that´s where Cara stood out for me. Glad both advanced.

4. Emma Brooke vs Nia Skyfer: I would have given this one to Nia. Emma is obviously a talented vocalist, but Nia kept up with her on that department, and on top of that, delivered a solid stage show. Wasn´t a fan of the song choice at all though.

5. Orlando Mendez vs Ava Lynn: I did like Orlando better than his blind here, but still, I don´t think his tone or phrasing will work for me in this setting. Ava had some spotty moments, but overall was the more consistent of the two with a good measure. 

6. Reina Ley vs Grace Bello: They´re both talented, but this didn´t really work. Song choice, arrangement, you name it. It felt like two different performances, since they never got a chance to interact or harmonize. I gave it to Reina, since she sounded the more confident out of the two.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

1. Bodie vs Jaeden Luke

2-4(In no order)

Justin Aaron vs Destiny Leigh

Cara Brindisi vs Jay Allen

Emma Brooke vs Nia Skyfer

5. Orlando Mendez vs Ava Lynn

6. Reina Ley vs Grace Bello

After a few rewatches I think Justin/Destiny is my fav now.

The steal battles were good, the non-steal ones were a big pile of meh for me.

Amazing

1. Bodie vs Jaeden Luke - I still haven't gotten sick of this one even after replaying it over and over again when it first leaked. They couldn't have arranged that song any better, its clear that these two know their way around crafting a song.

Good

2. Justin Aaron vs Destiny Leigh - The arrangement was kind of messy at times but it got better as it went along. Justin is just a fantastic vocalist and Destiny showed up as well, despite being hit or miss for me. 

3. Cara Brindisi vs Jay Allen - I thought the song choice was boring honestly, but they blended very well and it was a very pretty and evenly-matched battle. It made me want to go back and listen to the Civil Wars' debut album. 

Meh

4. Emma Brooke vs Nia Skyfer - Vocally, Emma definitely won this one, despite this being an ill-fitting song choice for her. Nia just isn't that strong of a vocalist it seems.

5. Ava Lynn vs Orlando Mendez - They were decent individually, but I hated the sluggish arrangement. Their voices also don't complement each other well.

6. Reina Ley vs Grace Bello - Reina sounded incredibly mature for her age, but I wasn't blown away or anything. On the other hand, poor Grace...

Edited by FloorWax

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

2. John Paul White vs Joy Williams - I wasn't a fan of the song choice honestly, but they blended very well and it was a very pretty and evenly-matched battle. It made me want to go back and listen to the Civil Wars' debut album.

I think you meant Cara Brindisi vs. Jay Allen lol.

• Haha 1

Probably like a B- tonight.

1. Cara Brindisi (9) vs. Jay Allen (9) - An awesome turnaround for Cara from her blind! I still can't help but feel like this should've been Kayla vs. Jay, but I can't complain much. Cara sounded lovely here. A well-deserved steal.

2. bodie (9) vs. Jaeden Luke (8.5) - bodie's really grown on me. This was such a fantastic performance from both of them. Interesting song pick from Blake... I would've preferred something else but I'm glad they made it their own.

3. Justin Aaron (8) vs. Destiny Leigh (8.5) - A really good battle! I did prefer Destiny here but both are really strong vocalists. I think Justin started stronger but just stagnated a bit towards the second half while I preferred Destiny's second half by far.

4. Emma Brooke (7.5) vs. Nia Skyfer (7.5) - This one has to be graded on two different scales simply because this pairing shouldn't have happened. Nia's vocals aren't as strong as Emma but Emma's too polished for this song while Nia brought the perfect amount of messy energy to the song. I do feel like it balanced out to a relatively okay battle but it was a bizarre one for sure. I do think Emma would've outsung Nia on just about any song, but Nia gave the right performance while Emma lacked a little. I'd give it to Nia but understand John's decision. 

5. Reina Ley (8) vs. Grace Bello (7) - Grace went in sounding defeated already, sadly. Not the best song decision for either of them, really. It doesn't have too many exciting moments. Nonetheless, Reina did well.

6. Orlando Mendez (7.5) vs. Ava Lynn Thuresson (7.5) - I kinda went back and forth on this one but I preferred Orlando here by a hair.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I do feel like it balanced out to a relatively okay battle but it was a bizarre one for sure.

Instead of balancing each other, I felt they just made each others' weaknesses more obvious. Nia's stage presence highlighted Emma's lack thereof, and Emma's vocals made Nia sound that much weaker in comparison.

edit: wait omg what makes it funnier is that they're singing the lyrics "she's got everything that I don't have" lol

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1