The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

Just now, Kwamu said:

As much as i would like bodie to win, i just dont see him as the type of artist that would win a show like this. Hopefully i can be proven wrong though, him winning would definitely open new doors for diverse artists.

With the original versions of each of his songs rocketing up the charts each week, higher and faster than everyone else's, no less, I think he (regrettably) has it in the bag.

14 hours ago, jem128 said:

Oooh good eye. I looked and didn’t even notice that. I could see him doing well with that. 

I don't.  I don't see it fitting him at all.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

He’s just going to keep singing whatever he wants, despite minivan’s preferences. I can respect that. Of course, being on Blake’s team is what affords him the flexibility to do that, and still get voted through. That’s why everyone should pick Blake, when given the option. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I don't.  I don't see it fitting him at all

Really? I actually think he's kind of given male Halsey vibes the whole season. 

For better or worse. I don't like Halsey but I do like that song in particular.

I do think he'll do well with this song!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, if we have learned anything about the guy this season, is that he´s gonna flip it for sure.

Honestly, that kind of bugs me about him.  Can he maybe try something without flipping it, for once?

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Honestly, that kind of bugs me about him.  Can he maybe try something without flipping it, for once?

I don’t think he flipped Golden Hour or really even Glimpse of Us. Maybe we have different definitions of that though. 

4 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I don’t think he flipped Golden Hour or really even Glimpse of Us. Maybe we have different definitions of that though. 

With Glimpse of Us, he pretty much changed the chord progression and gave it room to have that big chorus. The original is kind of monotone whereas his version had some dynamics.

With Golden Hour, the rasp was left intact, but his arrangement of the chorus was definitely different, especially the runs he put in. That song by itself would have also no room for big moments.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

With Glimpse of Us, he pretty much changed the chord progression and gave it room to have that big chorus. The original is kind of monotone whereas his version had some dynamics.

With Golden Hour, the rasp was left intact, but his arrangement of the chorus was definitely different, especially the runs he put in. That song by itself would have also no room for big moments.

Okay, I can see that. I guess I considered flipping to be more like what he did with 500 miles where it almost feels like a completely different song.