American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Yeah the version covered on most of the talent shows is the Bishop Briggs/50 Shades of Grey version, not the original arrangement.

On the topic of 80s rock though (lol), something that interested me was Paige identifying herself as someone who likes to sing rock in her mentoring session with Noah Cyrus. It would be really cool to see her show that side of her tomorrow or Monday!

Edited by m1key

2 hours ago, erik g said:

Just checked my TV guide and saw that tonight is 3 hours...it was a STRUGGLE making it through the 3 hour show last season

Right... I'm not sure what Idol is thinking with the 3 hour episodes this week. Their core audience is all older people who are definitely not staying up until 11, and it can even be a struggle for superfans to stay invested without getting tired :giggle:

55 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Will we know the performance order before the show because I want to know if its worth tuning in to the first 30 minutes

Unfortunately, we won't :( We are supposed to be under the impression that this a completely live episode and that the contestants are finding out if they made it through or not in real time :giggle:

Who do you guys think are more or less guarantees to be voted into the Top 10 no matter what happens? And who are the biggest candidates for the judges’ saves?

For the second category, probably Tyson if he doesn’t get voted through, and one of the pop belter girls. Sorry, but personally, I hope it isn’t Nutsa 😀

Just now, FloorWax said:

Who do you guys think are more or less guarantees to be voted into the Top 10 no matter what happens? And who are the biggest candidates for the judges’ saves?

For the second category, probably Tyson if he doesn’t get voted through, and one of the pop belter girls. Sorry, but personally, I hope it isn’t Nutsa 😀

I can see Paige or Megan getting the save.
Tyson for the guys.  

(too many) Thoughts from a newbie Idol viewer:

Iam, Oliver, Warren, and Colin are surefire bets I think. Tyson and Matt have both gotten a good amount of screentime but they’ll be sent home if they don’t deliver. Not sure what to make of Zachariah’s chances honestly, dude’s a wildcard. I’m kind of doubting that Michael gets in through votes and the judges’ save seems unlikely as well.

I think Wé, Marybeth, and Kaeyra all have a good shot at getting the vote, and their vocals have been reliable so far. Not sure if Haven can survive another weak performance but I’m sure she’ll sing something that’s actually in her wheelhouse this week and make it through. Any of Olivia, Paige, Hannah, and Megan also have a shot depending on how well they do. Lucy is probably a shoe-in because she’s very memorable but with this audience, you’ll never know. Mariah, Nailyah, and Nutsa will have to rely on the save I feel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Matt is probably the bigger candidate for the save. Luke loves him 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Iam, Oliver, Warren, and Colin are surefire bets I think. Tyson and Matt have both gotten a good amount of screentime but they’ll be sent home if they don’t deliver. Not sure what to make of Zachariah’s chances honestly, dude’s a wildcard. I’m kind of doubting that Michael gets in through votes and the judges’ save seems unlikely as well.

I think Wé, Marybeth, and Kaeyra all have a good shot at getting the vote, and their vocals have been reliable so far. Not sure if Haven can survive another weak performance but I’m sure she’ll sing something that’s actually in her wheelhouse this week and make it through. Any of Olivia, Paige, Hannah, and Megan also have a shot depending on how well they do. Lucy is probably a shoe-in because she’s very memorable but with this audience, you’ll never know. Mariah, Nailyah, and Nutsa will have to rely on the save I feel.

I pretty much agree with you on it, although I believe that Wé is more of a definite lock to get into the Top 10 votes.

• Like 1

Locks for Top 10:

- Colin

- Iam

- Marybeth

- Oliver

- Warren

- Wé

Likely Top 10:

- Matt 

- Megan

The last 2 spots could literally be any of the remaining contestants imo. It really depends on how tonight's performances go. 

As far as Wildcards go, I think Tyson will get one if he is in the Bottom 10 because there is no way TPTB want all of the Platinum's gone before Top 12 (I'd love to be proved wrong though!) Also, I can see Lucy being in the Bottom 10, giving a crazy performance, and getting Ada Vox/Uche treatment where the judges save her immediately after she performs.

• Like 2

wait can one of y'all explain what the format is for today's episode (and perhaps tmrw's episode if they're in conjunction w/ each other)? i'm confused what's going on bc yall are already talking about results so im wondering if theyre doing the silly goofy thing where they put the results in the same episode as the performances since this is 3 hours long

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

wait can one of y'all explain what the format is for today's episode (and perhaps tmrw's episode if they're in conjunction w/ each other)? i'm confused what's going on bc yall are already talking about results so im wondering if theyre doing the silly goofy thing where they put the results in the same episode as the performances since this is 3 hours long

I may be wrong but what I think will happen is that the Top 20 will be revealed one by one tonight and they will perform to be voted in the Top 10 as they are revealed.

On Monday, each Top 20 contestant will find out whether they got voted into the Top 10 or not. If they did, they’ll have their celebratory performance, if not, they’ll perform and compete for a judges’ save. The judges will save two contestants by the end of the episode.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4

Do the judges all have to agree on the wildcard picks? If so, I can see Tyson getting it. Not sure about Nutsa because I don't think Katy really likes her. Also it might depend on who gets in from the public vote. For example, if 6 guys get the public vote, they might pick 2 girls to even out the genders.

Edited by ptebwwong

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Agree with everything you said except I would replace Nutsa as safe instead of Lucy. I feel like Lucy really has to knock it out of the park because she is a very old school type of artists. 

I think Haven and Lucy could be on the chopping block. 

7 hours ago, Discovolcano said:

Matt is probably the bigger candidate for the save. Luke loves him 

Agree. I think Luke really loves him and persuaded the other judges to keep him instead of sending him home after that Chris Brown - Forever song he sang. As long as he continues doing what he's doing/getting better, he should be safe. 

6 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I pretty much agree with you on it, although I believe that Wé is more of a definite lock to get into the Top 10 votes.

I agree. I would be surprised if she doesn't make the Top 10.  I think Iam and We' are surefire bets (unless they just stink it up) on their next performance, which I doubt will happen. 

Edited by BlkCountryFan

2 hours ago, BlkCountryFan said:

Agree with everything you said except I would replace Nutsa as safe instead of Lucy. I feel like Lucy really has to knock it out of the park because she is a very old school type of artists. 

I think Haven and Lucy could be on the chopping block. 

I agree. I would be surprised if she doesn't make the Top 10.  I think Iam and We' are surefire bets (unless they just stink it up) on their next performance, which I doubt will happen. 

If it was between Haven and Lucy, I’d keep Lucy.  I’d also keep Nutsa over Haven.  Haven’s just too green and Nutsa’s definitely entertaining.  But Lucy apparently got a standing ovation after her performance, so she might get in without needing the Wildcard slot.

I also agree that Iam and Wé will probably not stink it up in the Top 20 round and sail right into the Top 10.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Iam (duh), Colin, Warren, Oliver, Wé and Marybeth should be fine I think. Michael and Matt will probably move on as well. Not sure about the others

Edited by Daillon

Locks: 

Marybeth, Iam, We, Colin 

Hearththob vote: Michael 

other possible top 12: 

Matt

Zacharaiah 

Mariah 

Olivia 

Megan or Kaeyra 

Haven 

Tyson