Performances That Are *WAY Better* Than the Original Song?

Bouli

19 hours ago, eidi said:

One of the best blind audition ever. I had not known the original before maybe that is why I enjoyed this performance better.

https://youtu.be/Cx8EEIN_LCE

Exact same boat here. I didn't know the original "Blue Bayou" before Alisan Porter's audition. Now that I've heard the original... it's OK, I guess, but it doesn't really do anything for me. Alisan's is the definitive version for me. It's a classic.

On 11/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, QueenCami said:

Kymberli Joye vs. OneUp - Mercy !!!!!!!!

Jershika Maple vs. Jeremy Rosado - Hold On !!!!

Mandi Thomas - My Church !!!!

Patrique Forston vs. Colton Smith - God Gave Me You !!!!

Agreed with the first three. I liked Patrique vs Colton, but I actually dig Blake's original as well.

• 1 year later...

Nini Iris - Karma Police

I know if I heard the original song first I'd feel different. But to me Nini is the original, and when I listened to the real song, it just didn't hit as hard.

43 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I've still yet to hear a version of Cruisin' I like more than Zaxai's :ph34rwave:

yeah, every other version has been good but Zaxai sold it so well it’s hard to appreciate

All of Maelyn's song choices for me. I loved her versions of her song choices better than the originals even if the originals were great. Just that no one can do it better than Maelyn.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Persy said:

All of Maelyn's song choices for me. I loved her versions of her song choices better than the originals even if the originals were great. Just that no one can do it better than Maelyn.

Especially: "Fields Of Gold" and "The Scientist" 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Persy said:

Her cover of "Mad World" is better than Adam Lambert's :stealth:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Her cover of "Mad World" is better than Adam Lambert's :stealth:

I really like both versions but can't disagree (even though I prefer Adam as a singer). Maelyn is just made for those types of songs 

Always thought that performance was a tad overrated anyways. People acted like it was his best but not to me. Funnily enough, a few of his more controversial performances ended up being some of my favourites from him "Ring of fire" being the prime example.

Edited by Hsamid