The Voice "Curses"

FeliciaTempleFan

I haven't made a topic on here in so many years haha... I remembered the last topic I made was about the 4th spot curse during top 12 night, where for quite a few seasons the person who sang 4th (Mia Z, Emily Keener, Sa'Rayah, Troy Ramey, and Jon Mero) all placed 12th in their season... it got me thinking, are there any curses you guys have noticed or any bad luck moments or superstitious things?

(Sorry if this is a bad topic, I can delete it if I need to :P)

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Classicrocker1993 said:

There is the "instant save for the finale curse" when all that enter the finale via twitter instant save finish last. (Britton, Toneisha, Ian, and JMY are the only exceptions)

Britton's the only one that should count as actually breaking the curse, because S14 didn't have team quotas. Toneisha, Ian and Jordan were probably top 3 in votes anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ottoxxx said:

Also, singing "Angel from Montgomery" in BAs and you are guaranteed 4-chair turn (Audra McLaughlin, Krista Hughes, Marybeth Byrd)

This should probably be in a different thread because it benefits the contestants? Who wants to make the "blessings" thread?

On 2/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, Bk1234 said:

“Cry” by Faith Hill

Idk if it counts as a curse considering Cassadee literally won the show with it (Yep, i know, her performance was not exactly that good, but she still won, so i don't think it counts as a curse)

In fact, didn't Taryn won the 4wko with that song?  

A hard song that is always covered poorly =/= a "curse"

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Idk if it counts as a curse considering Cassadee literally won the show with it (Yep, i know, her performance was not exactly that good, but she still won, so i don't think it counts as a curse)

In fact, didn't Taryn won the 4wko with that song?  

A hard song that is always covered poorly =/= a "curse"

She probably wouldn't have won the 4 way knockout if Ryan wasn't Disqualified for breaking Covid protocols. but oh well.

1 hour ago, Classicrocker1993 said:

She probably wouldn't have won the 4 way knockout if Ryan wasn't Disqualified for breaking Covid protocols. but oh well.

We are still discussing this?? 🥱🥱 

As far as we know, she officially won. Carson announced her name (Even though i don't think she deserve it, but oh well) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Shark In The Water":
Ashley De La Rosa sang it in BA and was off-key all over the place. Luckily, Xtina turned and found potential in her, but that didn't negate the fact that this was in a mediocre season.
Kayla Nevarez, while had an on-pitch and great KO performance, she got eliminated.

Edited by Ottoxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Being named Jared.

Jared Blake: had to audition a second time just to make a team

Jared Harder: eliminated in battles, shown late

Jared Herzog: eliminated in battles

Jared Harper: no-chair turn (although he was solid imo), shown late

Jared Ming: no-chair turn, terrible, shown late

Jared Brasher: no-chair turn, terrible, shown late

EDIT: Also:

Jarred Matthew: eliminated in a montaged battle and had rough moments in his blind, although his first name has two r’s as opposed to one

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4