5 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

Being named Jared.

Jared Blake: had to audition a second time just to make a team

Jared Harder: eliminated in battles, shown late

Jared Herzog: eliminated in battles

Jared Harper: no-chair turn (although he was solid imo), shown late

Jared Ming: no-chair turn, terrible, shown late

Jared Brasher: no-chair turn, terrible, shown late

There was also Jarred Matthew. Shortclipped and lost in the battles, only remembered for resembling handsome squidward 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

I’ve got one.

TRIPLE-MONTAGING such artists.

I started watching The Voice myself at the very beginning of Season 16, and never before have I witnessed an artist being triple-montaged until this previous season, when I watched this happen to a friend of mine. Since he follows me on social media, B actually became one of my favorite artists from Season 21 after I watched his blind audition (which, sadly, was montaged), and I hoped and prayed that I would hear a performance of his in full in future rounds. But on the day his knockout aired and by the time he was eliminated, I eventually wound up crying during the rest of the episode, because I strongly hated to see artists that I like (and especially that I am friends with) have all their performances montaged. And since then, I have sworn never to witness another triple-montage on The Voice in future seasons since then. But still, I supported B post-show, regardless of the triple-montage scheme, since we are friends with each other on social media and he liked a cover of mine the next month. But nevertheless, triple-montaged artists are now my LEAST favorite part of The Voice, even if you are friends with an artist that then unfortunately ended up with it.

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I remember when opening the show was seen as a curse AKA the death spot. Now its seems to actually benefit some artists.

Depends on the song choice. Though I did see this change from S14 when Pryor had the highest charting song during Top 11 week on iTunes.

4 hours ago, JodiRose said:

I’ve got one.

TRIPLE-MONTAGING such artists.

I started watching The Voice myself at the very beginning of Season 16, and never before have I witnessed an artist being triple-montaged until this previous season, when I watched this happen to a friend of mine. Since he follows me on social media, B actually became one of my favorite artists from Season 21 after I watched his blind audition (which, sadly, was montaged), and I hoped and prayed that I would hear a performance of his in full in future rounds. But on the day his knockout aired and by the time he was eliminated, I eventually wound up crying during the rest of the episode, because I strongly hated to see artists that I like (and especially that I am friends with) have all their performances montaged. And since then, I have sworn never to witness another triple-montage on The Voice in future seasons since then. But still, I supported B post-show, regardless of the triple-montage scheme, since we are friends with each other on social media and he liked a cover of mine the next month. But nevertheless, triple-montaged artists are now my LEAST favorite part of The Voice, even if you are friends with an artist that then unfortunately ended up with it.

Berrit did not get fair treatment on the show, especially considering he ended up on the show because of Make-A-Wish. However, I would consider his knockout short-clipped rather than montaged. If you look at previous knockout montages he actually got off pretty good. And he got his story shown during his audition, better than nothing.

I will say though

There is benefit to being triple montaged. You instantly become memorable in Voice world. I feel like Katherine Ho/Berrit/ and to a lesser degree Rebekah all would've gotten forgotten about amongst all the contestants that come and go on the show. It's like they would've been lost in the shuffle, but they become known for being the few contestants in Voice history who got triple montaged. Multiple websites have even written articles about it.

It reflects poorly on the show, not the contestants who got montaged. 

2 hours ago, VF333 said:

There is benefit to being triple montaged. You instantly become memorable in Voice world. I feel like Katherine Ho/Berrit/ and to a lesser degree Rebekah all would've gotten forgotten about amongst all the contestants that come and go on the show. It's like they would've been lost in the shuffle, but they become known for being the few contestants in Voice history who got triple montaged. Multiple websites have even written articles about it.

It reflects poorly on the show, not the contestants who got montaged. 

nah if you asked me about triple montaged artists I still wouldn't remember Berritt.  /jk

Berritt has a nice tone, and I like his song “Sidewalks of Birmingham”. His KO wasn’t super strong but listening to it it certainly wasn’t terrible. Imo, there were definitely worse KOs shown in full. 

I don’t like triple montaging at all, and if an artists has to be triple montaged, then at least one of their full performances should be posted on YouTube. 

14 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Berritt has a nice tone, and I like his song “Sidewalks of Birmingham”. His KO wasn’t super strong but listening to it it certainly wasn’t terrible. Imo, there were definitely worse KOs shown in full. 

I don’t like triple montaging at all, and if an artists has to be triple montaged, then at least one of their full performances should be posted on YouTube. 

They kinda did that with Berritt. Key word being "kinda". They uploaded a shortened version of his KO but at least it was more than the 5 seconds he got in previous rounds.

Again, I´m not a fan of him, but everybody puts in hard work and deserves their performances in full.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

The instant save curse is still REALLY strong. For the most part especially in the earlier seasons if you were instant saved it was basically a guarantee you were going to be in the bottom the following week 😭 I remember everyone thought Kat Perkins was going to break the curse but she didn’t. I think it was Joshua Davis who broke it. He prolly  had the best recovery from being instant saved- also Hailey Mia. I’m prolly forgetting some other people too.

Edited by CocoaPuffs

1 minute ago, CocoaPuffs said:

The instant save curse is still REALLY strong. For the most part tho especially in the earlier seasons if you were instant saved it was basically a guarantee you were going to be in the bottom the following week 😭 I remember everyone thought Kat Perkins was going to break the curse but she didn’t. I think it was Joshua Davis who broke it. He prolly  had the best recovery from being instant saved- also Hailey Mia. I’m prolly forgetting some other people too.

Kat Perkins in a way broke the curse. The curse (back in Season 5 when the Instant Save was first introduces) used to be that the contestant that was instantly saved in a week was gonna be eliminated in the next week, and Kat managed to advance another, even if it was with an Instant Save (Which was against three people)

Chris Jamison was the first one to broke the curse, as in being in the bottom one week and getting PV in the next week.

After him,

- Joshua Davis managed to avoid the "curse" again, being in the bottom one week, and not being in the bottom anymore after that. 

- Aaron Gibson managed to be instantly saved thrice. 

- Adam Cunningham avoided the bottom after being in the bottom two weeks. 

- Rayshun Lammar was in the bottom one week and avoided it the next week 

- Britton Buchanan was the first one to be in the bottom in the semifinal and avoid the fourth place in the semifinal, being the runner-up and being the highest placing contestant to be at the bottom and some point.

- Reagan Strange was the first and only contestant to avoid the bottom 2/Instant elimination in the Semifinal after being in the bottom in the Quarter-finals  

- Joana Martínez avoided the bottom in Top 11 after being in the bottom in Top 13. 

- Jershika managed to be saved twice and make it to the finale.

That's it. I don't take in account Wilcard Instant Saves because the way those work is very different. I also didn't bother to take in account the three short seasons.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Kat Perkins in a way broke the curse. The curse (back in Season 5 when the Instant Save was first introduces) used to be that the contestant that was instantly saved in a week was gonna be eliminated in the next week, and Kat managed to advance another, even if it was with an Instant Save (Which was against three people)

Chris Jamison was the first one to broke the curse, as in being in the bottom one week and getting PV in the next week.

After him,

- Joshua Davis managed to avoid the "curse" again, being in the bottom one week, and not being in the bottom anymore after that. 

- Aaron Gibson managed to be instantly saved thrice. 

- Adam Cunningham avoided the bottom after being in the bottom two weeks. 

- Rayshun Lammar was in the bottom one week and avoided it the next week 

- Britton Buchanan was the first one to be in the bottom in the semifinal and avoid the fourth place in the semifinal, being the runner-up and being the highest placing contestant to be at the bottom and some point.

- Reagan Strange was the first and only contestant to avoid the bottom 2/Instant elimination in the Semifinal after being in the bottom in the Quarter-finals  

- Joana Martínez avoided the bottom in Top 11 after being in the bottom in Top 13. 

- Jershika managed to be saved twice and make it to the finale.

That's it. I don't take in account Wilcard Instant Saves because the way those work is very different. I also didn't bother to take in account the three short seasons.

+ Jim and Sasha getting saved over Gymani than getting PV the next week.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

"Wildest Dreams" is really cursed on this show for some reason. 

Yeah I remember Alexandra Joyce getting montaged singing it in the blinds despite turning THREE chairs. 

Lana Scott did beat Carson with it though. It was her breakout moment.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah I remember Alexandra Joyce getting montaged singing it in the blinds despite turning THREE chairs. 

Oh, and let's not forget Katherine Ho, who got triple-montaged, auditioned with that song :dead:

10 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Flashback to Daria Jazmin from season 9 who sang Dear Future Husband

Edited by Ottoxxx

11 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Guaranteed they would've montaged Lana's performance if she had been paired against anyone else besides Carson.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...