Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Tom's Duel Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Tom's Duel Posted)

Pooh's Heffalump Movie (2005)

Poohs heffalump movie.jpg

Heffalumps first appeared in animation in the TV show The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh from 1988-1991. They are these scary elephants that appear in Winnie's dreams, and maybe Piglet's dreams too. Whenever there was a Heffalump episode, I hated it as a kid. The worst. They were the worst combination: scary and boring. The Heffalump episodes seemed to drag on forever, be pointless, and not really make any sense. At least, to the very small child version of me. When they decided to make a full length feature film using the Heffalumps, it seemed to be the worst possible decision in the entire world. This got mild reviews and has no business lasting this long in this game. 

By a vote of 4-1 Legally Blonde has won the duel and The Notebook has been eliminated. @~Tom~ is responsible for its writeup.

Tom, @Elliott, and @*Chris 24 hours begins now to get their missing writeups in. If they do not do them, they're immunity choices at the beginning of the game will go into a sudden death duel where one of their films will be eliminated immediately.

12 hours ago, Alex95 said:

By a vote of 4-1 Legally Blonde has won the duel and The Notebook has been eliminated. @~Tom~ is responsible for its writeup.

Tom, @Elliott, and @*Chris 24 hours begins now to get their missing writeups in. If they do not do them, they're immunity choices at the beginning of the game will go into a sudden death duel where one of their films will be eliminated immediately.

Just a reminder @~Tom~ @Elliott @*Chris

The Notebook

MV5BMTk3OTM5Njg5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzA0

Well I originally had a different duel planned originally, would probably have gotten confused reactions like my first duel. This one surprisingly didn't; not surprised to hear that it has a fan or two, but when I saw the LOTR films being nominated (with the intention of getting The Two Towers out!), which happen to be some of my top favorites, I thought it better to go for the film I wanted out most. :kissbye:

The Notebook starts out with an elderly man telling a story from a notebook (shocker) to an elderly female patient. It involves the story of poor lumber mill worker, Noah (played by Ryan Gosling), falling in love with rich heiress Allie (played by Rachel McAdams). To make a long short, they fall in love and marry after she comes back to him after her previous wealthier partner is unfathful. It is also known for a terrible fight scene: 

As someone who witnessed tons of intermartial fighting growing up, I do not typically like these kind of scenes, nor the happily ever after endings afterward either. In this case, it ends with the old man finishing his story and then dying together while holding hands with old woman, who are revealed to be Noah and Allie in old age. Typical of a Nicholas Sparks film but not for me. So sorry to its fans but out it goes. 

• Sad 1

the-boondock-saints-518337d759fa1.png

tumblr_mr5ejhlj5P1s0sn5co1_r1_500.gif

A movie that I've never heard or seen but it has a 27% rating on RottenTomatoes, and if we are saying goodbye to film like "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Emperor's New Grove" then film of this calibre shouldn't remain in the rankdown. It was released in 1999 and it was written/directed by Troy Duffy, and the film is considered a vigilante action thriller film - every time I see the word Vigilante, I think of TSwift's new song, "Vigilante Sh!t" which I live for. Anyway, the film cast Sean Patrick Flanery, Norman Reedus, David Della Rocco, and Willem Dafoe - I am really only familiar with Willem but know of the other ones.  The movie follows MacManus twin brothers known as Connor & Murphy MacManus who becomes vigilantes after killing in self-dense.  They end up wanting to clear Boston of crime and evil while being chased by the FBI... Just by that, it gives you a good idea of what is happening.  Many likes the screenplay but the film struggles to have an impact after being dropped by a production team, limited release, and it was released around same time as Columbine happened.  Overall, the movie was met with poor reviews but it was later met with a cult following . But just like that, it's out of this rankdown for the second time.

Edited by *Chris

50 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Actually funny enough I wanted groove but but gooooo offff.

I thought you mentioned thinking it would leave in your writeup so I thought you wanted it gone, sorry if I misunderstood.

On the other hand, your sig. :wub: Is she still releasing music? 

Edited by ~Tom~
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, *Diana said:

Hannah Call Out GIF by HannahWitton

Aww I had a feeling you would have hated that battle. 😢 

28 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

On the other hand, your sig. :wub: Is she still releasing music? 

She released her album a few weeks ago, actually. 😮 

But yesss, Diana! I also love your set! :wub: 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww I had a feeling you would have hated that battle. 😢 

She released her album a few weeks ago, actually. 😮 

But yesss, Diana! I also love your set! :wub: 

Awesome, I’ll have to listen! I’ve liked Pia’s past releases and I’m glad she finally released a full album!

• Like 2

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

A musical centred around The Beatles? I'll pass. Released in 2007, Across the Universe stars Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess and Joe Anderson. It was directed by Julie Taymor who wrote the film's story alongside Dick Clement and Ian La Frenais; the latter two were the film's screen writers. As I said at the beginning, it's a musical that is centred around (and based upon) music of The Beatles. It takes place in the '60s, and - at the time - was considered a flop, as it received mixed reviews critically and underperformed at the box office. The film received a second life on home media, and it developed into a cult classic. Personally I could never get into the film; I tried watching it a few times and was bored the entire time every time I've tried to sit through it.