Mikaela Astel Fan Thread

TeamAudra

MIkaela Astel 

Her iconic blind audition: 

Unfortunately, the original fan thread was lost in the purge and changeover to the new platform, so I do not have the original fan list. Her group, Good Newz Girls, seems to be gaining some traction on Spotify, with 214K monthly listeners for their Christmas EP, and has two music videos now over a million views in about a month. So, I figured I’d revive this thread so we can track their progress. There appears to be powerful people and money behind this group, so it will be interesting to see where it goes. 

I’ll update the OP later, but here are the two music videos. 

Here’s the Spotify link to the EP:

Here’s an article about the group. 

https://deadline.com/2021/11/nickelodeon-good-newz-girls-pop-rb-group-tyran-ty-ty-smith-jay-brown-productions-1234877127/

Fan list: 
1. TeamAudra 

2. Arsh

3. Bk1234

4. Gustavo527

5. eric g

6. Maxwell

7. Angeles 

8. jarmon 

9. David68

10. QueenMae16

11. Hamza Tufail

12. Mohammad

13. Dalton Eduardo

14. FloorWax

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I was disappointed that Mikaela didn't go further in her season. She's very talented and I would like to keep tabs on her too.

Add me plz.

Added. 

Based on the article I linked in the OP, they put this group together (or at least started the search) back in 2019, so it may be a good thing that she didn’t go far. Kelly actually follows her on Twitter. I don’t think she follows any other battle elims. I’m sure she felt terrible about it. I don’t recall a bigger uproar from minivan over a battle elimination. I mean…she was up at or near the top for Facebook stats for her audition. Cross battles might have been a challenge for her, but would you want to face her in that situation? Not me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Added. 

Based on the article I linked in the OP, they put this group together (or at least started the search) back in 2019, so it may be a good thing that she didn’t go far. Kelly actually follows her on Twitter. I don’t think she follows any other battle elims. I’m sure she felt terrible about it. I don’t recall a bigger uproar from minivan over a battle elimination. I mean…she was up at or near the top for Facebook stats for her audition. Cross battles might have been a challenge for her, but would you want to face her in that situation? Not me. 

True, especially in that wonky season. It's best she stayed out of it. However I agree, I wouldn't have wanted to face her in a matchup, she would have knocked out most singers tbh.

I hope Kelly feels bad, she had a finalist in her hands and someone you think she would want to nurture.

And yes, she sounds incredible in the group she's in. Those notes she brings out had me shook a bit.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

True, especially in that wonky season. It's best she stayed out of it. However I agree, I wouldn't have wanted to face her in a matchup, she would have knocked out most singers tbh.

I hope Kelly feels bad, she had a finalist in her hands and someone you think she would want to nurture.

And yes, she sounds incredible in the group she's in. Those notes she brings out had me shook a bit.

Most people probably don’t know this, but she can reach the 7th octave. :haha: We talked about it on the old IDF platform, because she posted a cover with this ridiculous note, and the consensus was that it was in the 7th octave. I wish she hadn’t taken that video down. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I've seen some of her stuff. I think she has lots of potential.

Add Me. 

Added! 

Her own solo material (original and covers) is quite a bit different than what we’ll see from the Good Newz Girls. She’s very “indie,” but also is a trained vocalist, which is why she’s able to excel with something like this. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

Here’s her full version of “Electric Love” she recorded after her elimination. It has 824K YT views and 2,171,354 Spotify plays. 

Here’s an example of her songwriting and very unique “indie” style. This is from a couple years ago. I’ve heard a couple other songs she written, and see some potential there. 

Here’s another from last summer. Seems like she was just goofing around and put together some lyrics. Hopefully; she can write some of the material for the Good Newz Girls. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRpqmMRF8lj/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1