I Can’t Believe IDF’s Big Dream Came True

xfactor22

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Honestly, Miss Lana Scott is the genie. Had Carson done better and had she not performed as well as she did we'd be looking at a whole 'nother story. 

Carson Daly was the first thing to come to my mind but then I remembered a contestant named Carson 

Edited by xfactor22

10 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Honestly, Miss Lana Scott is the genie. Had Carson done better and had she not performed as well as she did we'd be looking at a whole 'nother story. 

It's also Carson flopping as hard as he did, I'm convinced Lana didn't even need to slaughter him as hard as she did to win that. Blake was throwing him out.

But I see your point, Lana can be our savior of the season lol.

• Like 2

Had Carson nailed the song and won the KO, I'd have considered him the winner already, because it would have been a moment nailing a country classic, and he would have been a huge problem for everyone.

But he didnt, so, that's why no country males. And in theory, he was the only one of the season due TPTB not wanting to stack the season with country, since Ariana arrived.

15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

It also came with the expense of no indie girl :dead:

? There’s Hailey Mia.  Also, while they might not, Ryleigh, Gymani, and Shadale are perfectly capable of going the indie route if they so choose to do so. And maybe Lana could do a country-indie song. 

30 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

? There’s Hailey Mia.  Also, while they might not, Ryleigh, Gymani, and Shadale are perfectly capable of going the indie route if they so choose to do so. And maybe Lana could do a country-indie song. 

I don't consider Hailey indie at all, she is 100% pop. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Sorry, after listening, it sounded singer songwriter (and that’s one of the genres according to girl, but they call it pop too, which seems to be wrong) Hwkever Hailey made it sound indie 

lmao Arcade is definitely pop what are you on about 😭

20 hours ago, xfactor22 said:

How is she pop? Sure the battle could count, but she’s sang arcade and other indie-style songs. 

Arcade is 100% a pop ballad lol. And Car Wash is the least “pop” song she has done so far :haha:

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Arcade is 100% a pop ballad lol. And Car Wash is the least “pop” song she has done so far :haha:

Exactlyyy lmfao

are they trying to pass off Olivia Rodrigo as "indie" :haha:

Edited by FloorWax

Yes, Hailey Mia is a pop singer.

No, there are no indie girls left.

There's 2 folk acts, curiously both being groups.

There's 2 pure pop acts (Hailey, Ryleigh), some others that also sing pop but alternate as well (Jeremy, Gymani, Holly, Joshua, Shadale).

There's 2 R&B/Soul artists (Wendy, Jershika and Paris)

And there's one country artist (Lana)

That's where we are with genre in the Top 13. A bit too pop/R&B heavy, so we'll see how they pull up the "genre change" on Top 10 week.

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yes, Hailey Mia is a pop singer.

No, there are no indie girls left.

There's 2 folk acts, curiously both being groups.

There's 2 pure pop acts (Hailey, Ryleigh), some others that also sing pop but alternate as well (Jeremy, Gymani, Holly, Joshua, Shadale).

There's 2 R&B/Soul artists (Wendy, Jershika and Paris)

And there's one country artist (Lana)

That's where we are with genre in the Top 13. A bit too pop/R&B heavy, so we'll see how they pull up the "genre change" on Top 10 week.

- Maybe Hailey is a pop singer. Maybe She's indie. Maybe with Maybe neither . we should ask her.

-maybe. there are possibly no indie girls left.  maybe there are. Maybe there are some versatile singers, that can do indie if they choose to/are allowed to do so. 

-Are they actually "folk"? or are they singer song writer (GNT) and classic rock-ish/decades music (J&S)?

-Yeah, I'm going to disagree with you a lot here. We already debated Mia. Ryleigh may be pop, but she's versatile enough to do other genres. also her ko song was awesome, and not exactly "pure pop" (at least the way she performed it wasn't.)  For Gymani, she has sung quite a few genres so its hard to put her in a genre.  Holly could be pop, but she seems to like doing classic rock as well(ex. audition).  According to the YT audition Jeremy is R&B. According to his off-show music he seems to be a Christian music singer (which has many subgenres, which can be pop, r&b, etc. etc.), but he can sing any song that's within his range well, and has the potential to be singer-songwriter.  Also, how on Earth you'd classify Joshua as pop is beyond me. he's broadway/singer songwriter. 

-More then 2. Though Paris has proven to be able to sing more than just R&B. I feel like he could use his unique voice creatively and twist different songs. 

-Obviously.

-It's not as pop heavy as you think it is. Also, is IDF anti-pop now? I thought IDF was anti-country males  and drooled over pop music? Has that changed? Also, there's sub genres in main genres of music too. 

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

So, we are using this thread to discuss the contestants' genres now?? 

would it be IDF if we didn't have threads going completely off track? lol (have to admit I started it with the no indie girl comment :haha:)

• Haha 1

Btw, i'm perfectly fine with no Indie girl. The last three seasons gave me a lot of talented indie girls, i can survive not having them for one season. 

Back to the main topic, my problem with male country singers is that, they basically can get far on the show with little effort. Last season Kenzie got a free pass to the finale (and the runner-up spot) despite the fact that Gihanna outsang him twice. I bet that, If Cam wouldn't have been on Team Blake, he probably would been surpassed by Kenzie too. That's my issue, but at the same time, i know it's not their fault at all. At the end of the day, it's what the audience prefers and the contestants don't have any control on it

Edited by Gustavo527

The way some people gripe about male country singers on The Voice, you'd think that type of contestant has won the majority of the 20 seasons. Yet the winners haven't been predominantly pure country singers—much less male country artists. I'd only label Craig Wayne Boyd and Jake Hoot as pure country. Sundance Head is more country than Todd Tilghman. I'd call Sawyer Fredericks folk. Even if you count all of those as country, that's 5:20 winners. The remaining seven male winners aren't country.