Joshua Vacanti fan thread

jamescasaki

Now that Joshua is eliminated, I have a lot to say about his run

Joshua has been one of the most consistent vocalists of the Lives this season. He sang songs from a great group of vocalists, including Ben Platt, Queen, Alicia Keys and Celine Dion and never disappointed. He deserves a career on Broadway after this run. I wasn’t expecting him to make finale, but if he were to lose to anyone, I’m glad that it was his best friend Jershika (who is also amazing). I never expected him to be one of my favorites this season going into the Lives but here we are. I’m so proud of his run

• Thanks 1

Just now, jamescasaki said:

it was amazing journey don't worry this is not the end

This is not the end. And even though this voice journey ends now, I am so proud of his run and he should definitely be. I didn't expect it, but his run is probably one of my favorites EVER. He got to leave on a good note and got to gain confidence and embrace how unique he is. ❤️❤️❤️

2 minutes ago, David68 said:

This is not the end. And even though this voice journey ends now, I am so proud of his run and he should definitely be. I didn't expect it, but his run is probably one of my favorites EVER. He got to leave on a good note and got to gain confidence and embrace how unique he is. ❤️❤️❤️

all of this!! 

the best carreer I saw in the lives, you should be proud of it and the fact that it NEVER stopped being  himself!! embrace your art Joshua, it's beautiful

• Like 1

If you'd told me three months ago someone would audition with a Frozen song and make it all the way to the semis, I'd have told you to get your head checked. And yet...here we are.

It's been a ride, but Joshua's kicked ass live and was one of the most consistent vocalists of the season - and it's a very talented season at that, so it speaks volumes to his abilities. He's also got one of the most interesting song catalogs in recent show history (from Disney to symphonic rock to freaking Celine Dion, and more).

Proud of him for having multiple "wait a sec, did he just win me over???" type performances, now if we can just get him onto Broadway...

• Like 3

He really did slay these lives. Such great performances week after week. He already defied odds and made semis as an unconventional artists for this show with a coach that isn't usually supported by the core audience. So proud of him and wishing him all the best in the future.

• Like 2

OK, let's see if I can finally put out my thoughts...

Joshua, the moment I found your name on Reveal Day before the season premiere, I knew instantly that I would love you. You just ooze this positive, bubbly energy, and although I only saw some old singing videos of you then, I knew there was a fantastic vocalist hiding in their somewhere. And boy, how you proved me right! I did NOT expect how theatrical and dramatic you were gonna be on the show, but I was LIIIIIVING for it! You are truly a joy to watch, and I love how comfortable you are in your skin and confident you are in your abilities. And the fact that you made this far on this show despite Minivan clearly not liking you and dismissing you as a "Broadway singer"..... I truly did not expect it, honestly. It sucks that you're missing the finale (and I was NOT ready for the emotional downpour you showed tonight), but everyone's got to go home at some point, and you just got to do that earlier than expected. As you leave La La Land and go back home in NY, I really hope a world of opportunities would open up for you. I just know Broadway is calling your name. Or maybe you can try your hand at gospel, or even pop. It's your choice! I just hope that you will feel energized and ready to hit the ground running and jump start your music career. You know we here at the fan thread will be eagerly following. 

Once again, as a certain Canadian said, BRAVO, Joshua! The lights aren't dimming on you anytime soon! 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, pauwis said:

Joshua, I promise to make a longer post tomorrow (i'm still in tears), but YOU'RE AN AMAZING ARTIST, thanks for every damn song. You left on a high note.

I love you, this is just the beginning. 

stunning journey ❤️

I can't wait to read it! ❤️ 

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

OK, let's see if I can finally put out my thoughts...

Joshua, the moment I found your name on Reveal Day before the season premiere, I knew instantly that I would love you. You just ooze this positive, bubbly energy, and although I only saw some old singing videos of you then, I knew there was a fantastic vocalist hiding in their somewhere. And boy, how you proved me right! I did NOT expect how theatrical and dramatic you were gonna be on the show, but I was LIIIIIVING for it! You are truly a joy to watch, and I love how comfortable you are in your skin and confident you are in your abilities. And the fact that you made this far on this show despite Minivan clearly not liking you and dismissing you as a "Broadway singer"..... I truly did not expect it, honestly. It sucks that you're missing the finale (and I was NOT ready for the emotional downpour you showed tonight), but everyone's got to go home at some point, and you just got to do that earlier than expected. As you leave La La Land and go back home in NY, I really hope a world of opportunities would open up for you. I just know Broadway is calling your name. Or maybe you can try your hand at gospel, or even pop. It's your choice! I just hope that you will feel energized and ready to hit the ground running and jump start your music career. You know we here at the fan thread will be eagerly following. 

Once again, as a certain Canadian said, BRAVO, Joshua! The lights aren't dimming on you anytime soon! 

I'm crying, again

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Now that Joshua is eliminated, I have a lot to say about his run

Joshua has been one of the most consistent vocalists of the Lives this season. He sang songs from a great group of vocalists, including Ben Platt, Queen, Alicia Keys and Celine Dion and never disappointed. He deserves a career on Broadway after this run. I wasn’t expecting him to make finale, but if he were to lose to anyone, I’m glad that it was his best friend Jershika (who is also amazing). I never expected him to be one of my favorites this season going into the Lives but here we are. I’m so proud of his run

Yeah, I cannot deny that Jershika earned her damn place on that Top 5. It was a fight for the ages, and I'm so happy for both of them for giving it their all.