π–πžπ§ππ² 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 π…πšπ§ π“π‘π«πžπšπ

RTV

MJ Santilli wrote:

Β 

Wendy Moten and Girl Named Tom still hold the No. 2 and 1 spots respectively as I have ranked them all season. With all the crazy eliminations, every week, these two have remained the presumptive runner-up and winner. And when the confetti flies at the end of the Dec. 14 finale, I believe Kelly will be standing on stage with GNT soaking it all in as runner-up Wendy looks on.

Β 

It’s too bad Girl Named Tom is destined to take the crown, because Wendy would be the feel good winner. Unlike Paris she has NOT been coasting all season. She fought her way into the finals, even harder than she needed to fight. A supremely gifted singer, Wendy knows the struggle, having lost a record deal early in her career. So even broken bones won't keep herΒ from striving for the prize.Β  Nevertheless, she has made her mark on The Voice.Β I expect Blake to be in her corner when the two reunite in Nashville.

Β 

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/the-voice-21-power-list-rankings-live-semi-finals-top-8.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, RTV said:

She fought her way into the finals, even harder than she needed to fight. A supremely gifted singer, Wendy knows the struggle, having lost a record deal early in her career. So even broken bones won't keep herΒ from striving for the prize.Β  Nevertheless, she has made her mark on The Voice.Β I expect Blake to be in her corner when the two reunite in Nashville.

Yes to all of this! Wendy is a fighter.

• Like 4

by Jess Carter:

If we’re to look beyond them [GNT], there’s a good case to be made for Wendy Moten. She’s got Blake Shelton as a coach, and we already know that Blake’s fans tend to come out and vote more than any other coach. Also, she got a lot of rave reviews early on this season and we think, on some level, people feel for her more than ever after that fall on stage a little over a week ago. She won’t win because of that, but it is an expression of vulnerability and perseverance.

https://cartermatt.com/459799/the-voice-21-are-girl-named-tom-wendy-moten-the-favorites

Β 

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed this video posted by Taobarb in the spoilers thread.

Β 

Without ranking them, vocal coach Johan Bester gave a kind analysis of the top 10 performances of his favorite three (GNT, Wendy, and Lana) remaining in the competition. Wendy's segment begins at 8:47.

Β 

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Johan Bester, the founder of KariSma Performing Arts, also reacted to Wendy's top 11 performance.

Β 

His description states:

There are a number of top quality female vocalists left in this current season of the Voice USA, including four real powerhouse singers. Wendy Moten [is] certainly one of them, and a singer I fully enjoy watching and listening to.

https://www.karismaperformingarts.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://tvline.com/2021/12/04/the-voice-season-21-final-five-predictions-jim-sasha-allen

Β 

by Charlie Mason:

Though likelyΒ technicallyΒ the best singer of Season 21, this veteran vocalist, who had aΒ BillboardΒ Hot 100 hit in the early 1990s, comes off as being as invested in her numbers as I am in a glass that doesn’t have wine in it. But coach Blake Shelton has done such a hard sell for her that she’s never even had to fight for the Wildcard Instant Save. In other words, her place in the finals is about as assured as tomorrow’s sunrise.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RTV said:

I enjoyed this video posted by Taobarb in the spoilers thread.

Β 

Without ranking them, vocal coach Johan Bester gave a kind analysis of the top 10 performances of his favorite three (GNT, Wendy, and Lana) remaining in the competition. Wendy's segment begins at 8:47.

Β 

I loved his comments on the performance. I pretty much felt the same way about the performance, but he put it into professional terms. :haha:

• Like 1

Her studio recording is amazing as always! How is it that all of her song choices and studio recordings are all so perfect? I am beyond impressed! She never disappoints me and never holds back and this is her best of the night! Chills all over. I am Team Minivan now through and through now and I am loving Wendy week after week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cookie73 said:

I can imagine that if she somehow doesn’t get the PV, she’s going to get pushed hard for the save

Definitely- pimp spot and everything. After hearing the studio though, I’ll doubt she’ll be in it. ;)Β