π–πžπ§ππ² 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 π…πšπ§ π“π‘π«πžπšπ

RTV

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m impressed she was able to compose herself enough, with two broken arms, to make it back on stage in time for that next commercial break. That fall was brutal. Good thing she didn’t face plant.Β 

Yeah, she’s a force. πŸ‘

25 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all has anyone seen this performance of Try A Little Tenderness from Wendy? i can’t remember if this has been posted here or not.

she did outstanding… dare i say she ATE! i’d love to see her sing this on the show.

I've seen it, but I don't think the video was posted on this thread yet. Wendy really goes big after the 2-minute mark.

Β 

I just hope she and the viewers are happy with her performances for the rest of the season.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, season1 said:

I read the list of songs y'all suggested and I can't believe nobody mentioned this song (unless I overlooked it):

Β 

"The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston.

Β 

I think Wendy's tone would fit that song really well.Β 

She does sound great singing it. But to cut down on negative comments, it might be better for her to sing something by an artist she hasn't already covered.

37 minutes ago, RTV said:

She does sound great singing it. But to cut down on negative comments, it might be better for her to sing something by an artist she hasn't already covered.

Β 

Casual viewers/voters don't care whether she's covered Whitney already. Besides, IWALY is a Dolly Parton song for me. So she covered two Dolly songs (IWALY and Jolene) already. ^_^Β 

Β 

There will always be criticism, it doesn't matter what song she sings (especially from the fans of the competition).Β I think she should sing the best song she can deliver on the show, regardless of who sang it before.

Β 

On a side note, my favorite The Voice winner of all time covered Carrie Underwood twice, Pam Tillis twice, and Sara Evans twice during her season.Β 

Β 

Edited by season1
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, season1 said:

Β 

Casual viewers/voters don't care whether she's covered Whitney already. Besides, IWALY is a Dolly Parton song for me. So she covered two Dolly songs (IWALY and Jolene) already. ^_^Β 

Β 

There will always be criticism, it doesn't matter what song she sings (especially from the fans of the competition).Β I think she should sing the best song she can deliver on the show, regardless of who sang it before.

Β 

On a side note, my favorite The Voice winner of all time covered Carrie Underwood twice, Pam Tillis twice, and Sara Evans twice during her season.Β 

Β 

True. Despite The Voice labeling Wendy's playoff video as "Wendy Moten Sings Whitney Houston's "IWALY," it is actually Dolly's song. It seems most compared Wendy with Dolly on Jolene and Wendy with Whitney on IWALY, though. That's what was behind me wondering whether it might be better to choose a song that Whitney wasn't known for singing, but I worded the thought poorly.

Β 

It makes me sad that Wendy has gotten as much criticism as she has this season, which motivates me to look for possible ways to reduce it. Still, as you said, there will always be critics.

Β 

Whatever Wendy sings, she will sound amazing as usual.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, season1 said:

We love to see that manifestation :wub:Β Wendy technically covered Dolly twice, so… πŸ‘€Β 

• Like 1

Nov. 30 article about Wendy:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-voice-wendy-moten-powers-through-dolly-parton-jolene-broken-elbow-wrist.html

Β 

Elise Nelson also wrote this about Wendy's top 10 performance:

After a concerning fall during last week’s show, Wendy revealed that she broke a few bones in her wrist and elbow. However, that didn’t stop her from bringing her all to a cover of Dolly Parton’s β€œJolene.” Sporting two casts on her arms, Wendy took to the stage for a smooth acoustic rendition of the tune. John said he was β€œtransfixed” during the performance and compared it to a religious experience. Meanwhile, Kelly said the song sounded β€œbeautifully sad.” Blake added that Wendy showed a perfect example of strength and perseverance through her injuries.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-voice-season-21-episode-21-recap-top-10-stretch-comfort-zones.html

Β 

• Thanks 1

A few Go Wendy Go! videos have been uploaded since yesterday.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/12/02/go-wendy-go-help-us-cheer-memphis-native-wendy-moten-voice

Β 

In case any of you would like to submit a picture or video cheering for Wendy, here's how to do it:

Record a video or take a picture cheering for Wendy. Say β€œGo Wendy Go” and we’ll make sure she sees it. We may even show it on TV!

Click on the link above and upload your submission or go toΒ actionnews5.com/mypics.

Edited by RTV
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RTV said:

A few Go Wendy Go! videos have been uploaded since yesterday.

https://www.actionnews5.com/2021/12/02/go-wendy-go-help-us-cheer-memphis-native-wendy-moten-voice

Β 

In case any of you would like to submit a picture or video cheering for Wendy, here's how to do it:

Record a video or take a picture cheering for Wendy. Say β€œGo Wendy Go” and we’ll make sure she sees it. We may even show it on TV!

Click on the link above and upload your submission or go toΒ actionnews5.com/mypics.

I need @KimberlyxKylaΒ to do this. It will 100% get featured. :yes:

• Like 2

Starting at 3:30 in this video from The Tonight Show on Dec. 2, Jimmy Fallon shows Blake's televised comments to Wendy following her performance Monday night. Blake apparently didn't have time to respond to the clip.

Edited by RTV
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all has anyone seen this performance of Try A Little Tenderness from Wendy? i can’t remember if this has been posted here or not.

she did outstanding… dare i say she ATE! i’d love to see her sing this on the show.

If we’re aiming for Semis closer moment - this could do the job. Those high notes are risky, but at this point, I’d say they’re worth the risk.Β 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RTV said:

Wendy stated she wants to win The Voice. Hopefully the extra publicity can help her do that. She needs a silver lining for a hard fall on national television and both arms in casts during the holidays!

Honestly. The queen deserves that win. :wub:

• Like 1

https://heavy.com/entertainment/the-voice/winner-predictions-teams-coach-wendy/amp/

Β 

Of course, since so much of the competition is decided by somewhat unpredictable voting, it’s impossible to be sure who will win the season.

Β 

That being said, it seems like this whole thing is Team Blake’s competition to lose. Wendy Moten is a very seasoned professional singer who has never had to compete for an Instant Save, as fans vote her through each week. She has also been a front-runner throughout the entire competition at the time of writing.

Β 

With only five artists earning a place in the finale after the semi-finals, it’s still anyone’s competition.

Β 

At the time of writing on December 3, 2021, these are the artists we think will make it through to the finale:

• Wendy Moten, Team Blake
  • Hailey Mia, Team Kelly
  • Joshua Vacanti, Team Legend
  • Paris Winningham, Team Blake
  • Jim and Sasha Allen, Team Ariana

I think they are right about Wendy being in the finale, but GNT will also be there. The other three spots are less clear.

Edited by RTV

https://www.goldderby.com/feature/who-will-win-the-voice-season-21-predictions-1204589169

Β 

by Marcus James Dixon:

Β 

Ever since Gold Derby's predictions center for "The Voice" opened at the start of the Season 21 live shows, Wendy Moten of Team Blake Shelton has found herself on top. However, Girl Named Tom of Team Kelly Clarkson has now jumped up to first place, with only two weeks to go in the competition.

Β 

The site has GNT first with 5/2 odds and Wendy second with 16/5 odds.Β 

Edited by RTV