𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐅𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝

RTV

WENDY DID FANTASTIC!!!! utterly amazing!! i’m so proud of her for absolutely crushing her performance. her duet with Paris was my fav duet of the night and one of my fav duets ever on the show. i really hope she gets a PV tomorrow because she absolutely deserves it. i’m so happy right now because she gave me everything i was hoping for and so much more with that performance🥰🥰 QUEEN WENDY!!!!! i’m overjoyed right now💖

• Like 5

I mean, there’s really nothing new I can say about Wendy. She has been so consistent and her performance tonight was amazing, probably my favorite of hers and one of my favorites of the season. But I feel like I say that every week 😂

We’re so lucky to witness her journey and those notes. But I also loved seeing her smile and having fun throughout the performance too, you couldn’t tell she was at home up there 

• Like 3

I have enjoyed all of Wendy’s performances on the show, but this- this was a MOMENT!!! 🤩🤩🤩 I’m still amazed at the fact that she hit all those high notes and executed all of those vocal tricks while SITTING DOWN! :omg: This woman is insane (in a good way, obviously lol) and 100% deserves a spot in the finale. She brought this out at the right time. ;) 

VOTE: https://voice.vote.nbc.com

• Like 6

13 hours ago, greattoamazon said:

I must confess join idf for wendy, just wendy😂

That’s a great reason to join. ^_^

10 hours ago, RTV said:

Wendy is the final artist featured in this video of the 13 best performances last week on The Voice. Her "Jolene" cover starts at 32:48.

Nice and deserved. 💯 

2 hours ago, erik g said:

Wendy was AMAZING tonight! My favorite from her so far. She did it with a broken arm AND while sitting! 

Same. I totally forgot about the broken arm - and you know why? She made it look so effortless and easy up there. This woman amazes me more and more every day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

WENDY DID FANTASTIC!!!! utterly amazing!! i’m so proud of her for absolutely crushing her performance. her duet with Paris was my fav duet of the night and one of my fav duets ever on the show. i really hope she gets a PV tomorrow because she absolutely deserves it. i’m so happy right now because she gave me everything i was hoping for and so much more with that performance🥰🥰 QUEEN WENDY!!!!! i’m overjoyed right now💖

She better get that PV. I mean, not getting PV after THAT would be a huge crime. 😅

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, BlueNight13 said:

I mean, there’s really nothing new I can say about Wendy. She has been so consistent and her performance tonight was amazing, probably my favorite of hers and one of my favorites of the season. But I feel like I say that every week 😂

We’re so lucky to witness her journey and those notes. But I also loved seeing her smile and having fun throughout the performance too, you couldn’t tell she was at home up there 

Definitely my favorite live performance of hers. And yes, we are so lucky to get to witness these performances each week. I loved seeing her smile in the duet and in her solo performance. I’m happy that she’s happy. 🙂 

• Like 2

https://talentrecap.com/the-voice-prediction-who-will-make-it-to-the-top-5-of-season-21

Corey Cesare ranked Wendy second:

Wendy is a seasoned singer who hasn't held back throughout the competition. She's repeatedly premiered amazing vocals. At one point, I thought she was sure to take home the grand prize because she is truly amazing. The chances of her going home before the finale are extremely low.

Who Do You Want to Win poll:

Wendy has 22% of the 405 votes cast as of this writing.

• Thanks 1

Wendy was not playing tonight!!!! WHEW. Both of her performances were perfectly tuned and the perfect genre for her to shine. I also love that she doesn't start big. She knows where she's gonna go vocally and she knows she's gonna blow the roof by the end.. but she's gonna milk all those buttery notes in her mid range, and build all the way up to those big notes!

Same thing with her song choices .. she knew what she was doing playing the performances more subdued the last couple weeks. She knew she had to show her versatility but still had to gain her momentum into the finale. And what a way to turn it back on full blast 😵

• Like 2

Wendy killed that tonight! I had chills all over! She is perfect every single week! Never had an off night so far. The band and the choir was great too but I was paying more attention to Wendy because she sang the crap out of that. Love how she never gets bandzilla'd. Is there anything she can't do? I'd love to hear her sing Midnight Train To Georgia.

• Like 1

Entertainment Weekly by Maggie Fremont
I mean, they knew by pairing up these two that they could give them literally any song from the '90s and they would've known exactly what to do with it. It's not the most exciting song choice but Wendy and Paris do the most with it. That ending back and forth? I wanted it to last at least 10 more minutes. It got Blake up off of his seat at the end, yelling, "Those are my students!" And you know what? He should be super proud of his team this season.

In rehearsals, Blake tells Wendy that she's sort of "been playing it cool" in recent weeks, and he thinks right now is the time to "turn back up the heat," and by the end of the song, he wants her to "let it fly" the way only Wendy can. She does this. She does this while just casually sitting on a stool on stage. The end of this song is incredible, and the wildest part is how easy Wendy makes it look. Ariana Grande can only laugh at how insane the whole thing she just witnessed was, and Blake, who seems downright giddy, says, "You're sitting on a stool like Kenny Rogers, hanging out, and blowing the roof off the place." He thinks we all just witnessed "music history" taking place on stage. 

etonline.com by Meredith B. Kile

posted performance videos but no recap

GoldDerby by Denton Davidson and Marcus James Dixon
The first duet of the night came from Wendy and Paris on "Change the World." It was the perfect soulful rock song for a duet where they could pass lines back and forth with one another from their stools. Paris took a slight backseat to Wendy here, keeping his own parts relatively smaller than hers despite some good moments in the chorus.

Wendy Moten returned to her own soul roots with "You're All I Need to Get By," a song she dedicated to her husband for being her partner throughout their careers. Blake wanted her to reconnect with who she was as an artist in the earlier weeks and to bring the aspects of her voice that none of her competitors can. After the performance, all the coaches gave her a well-deserved standing ovation. Ariana was speechless, calling it the "most ridiculous" thing she's ever seen because it was so good. Blake was just as shocked, calling it not "finale worthy" but instead "music history."

idolchatteryd.com by Mark Franklin
Another thoroughly professional performance by the show's most experienced contestant. The first half was fine; the second half of the song, when the background singers carried the chorus and Wendy was free to ad lib and freelance, was outstanding. The song choice was hardly risky, but the execution was finals worthy. Grade: B+

Anyway, who should make the finals based on what we've seen since the live performances began? If I was hand-picking finalists, here's who I'd pick and the order I'd pick them in.

1. Girl Named Tom from Team Kelly

2. Jershika Maple from Team Legend

3. Paris Winningham from Team Blake

4. Hailey Mia from Team Kelly

5. Wendy Moten from Team Blake

MJsBigBlog by MJ Santilli
She's been with the same guy for 26 years! Wendy just turned 57 by the way. Blake wants the veteran singer to go back to her roots. Wendy wants Blake to sing the song with her on the Opry. He says "on my album!" The song choice is boring. But Wendy isn't the only artist playing it safe in a crucial week. And all that matters is how she delivers the song. Does she breathe life into an old familiar song? Yes. Her unique tone, muscular runs and gorgeous high notes shine here. The end is just SPECTACULAR.

The coaches are ON THEIR FEET. "Are you out of your mind? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. YOU'RE INSANE!" all compliments from Ariana. "Blake thanks for teaching her how to sing." Ha. "That wasn't just finale worthy. That's historical," says Blake.

duet:

They joke that they are probably the only contestants who remember the 90s. No mention that Wendy had a major label contract in the 90s, which she subsequently lost. Interesting song choice, but it doesn't really do much to highlight either voice. That is, until the end, when both singers let loose. It was boring until the last third. "I taught them all of that!" Blake shouts.

TalentRecap by Jill O'Rourke
Wendy Moten Breaks the Coaches' Brains with 'The Voice' Top 8 Performance

One of the most memorable performances of the night came from Team Blake's Wendy Moten, who sang "You're All I Need to Get By" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell. Wendy is still healing from her onstage fall a couple of weeks ago, but that didn't stop her from putting on an epic show.

The Voice coaches were flabbergasted, especially Ariana Grande, who said it was "the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen" and called Wendy a "gift from God." She ended up literally bowing down to the singer. The coaches were especially amazed by the fact that Wendy belted out the song while sitting on a stool. Blake Shelton said that "history just happened."

Moten also teamed up with fellow Team Blake star Paris Winningham during the episode to sing "Change the World" by Eric Clapton. The performance really showed off their amazing range. "Those are my students!" Shelton screamed after they sang.

TVLine by Charlie Mason
In rehearsal, Wendy revealed that she was dedicating her Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell cover to her husband. Her coach just wanted to make sure that she seized the opportunity to show the audience what she can do that no one else can. On stage, she gave the kinda performance that would keep me listening to her for a full-on month. Nonstop. And while I've dinged Wendy in the past for not appearing to be present beneath the spotlight, here we did get flashes of personality now and then — even joy. And good Lorde, the showoffy stuff she did toward the end? Damn! Blake got his wish and then some. Wendy most certainly did remind us what she and only she is capable of. Grade: A+

duet:

First were Wendy and Paris tackling Eric Clapton's hit. Paris looked and sounded utterly at east and in his element. And actually, Wendy looked like she was having a little fun, too. As always, she sounded terrific; not sure she's capable of hitting a bum note. So yeah, they were pretty wonderful together, right down to the ending, during which I could've sworn they were taking turns trying to out-sing one another. Maybe not throw-a-shoe mind-boggling but quite good indeed. Wendy's Grade: B (Paris: B+)

Yahoo!Entertainment by Lyndsey Parker (Editor in Chief, Yahoo Music)

An old-fashioned song in Wendy's "lane" like this Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell staple could have been too safe a choice. But Wendy didn't play it safe when it came to those vocals! Blake said she needed to "sing the roof off the place," and that she did. This was stupendous. Ariana called the performance "the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life" (in a good way) and described Wendy's voice as "a gift from God," and Blake declared, "That wasn't just finale-worthy, that was literally like... music history just happened on the stage. That's historical."

If I am being honest, probably all three of Blake's contestants, who've made a clean sweep all season long, will continue that pattern and move forward. 

Edited by RTV
  • Thanks 2

by Cydney Henderson:

The Tennessean, 57, showcased her signature sound on Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's "You're All I Need to Get By," a dedication to her partner David, who "supported my dreams."

She belted out note after note while sitting on a stool as she held a microphone with a casted hand after breaking her right elbow and fracturing her left wrist during a hard fall last month. The judges gave Moten a standing ovation and were left speechless.

"You're sitting up there on a stool like Kenny Rodgers, just hanging out, and blowing the roof off this place," Shelton said. "Music history just happened on this stage."

Grande was equally flustered: "Are you out of your mind. That's just the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in my life." She bowed down at Moten's feet.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2021/12/06/the-voice-semifinals-ariana-grande-bows-down-wendy-moten/6411292001

• Thanks 1