Questionable decisions of coaches that worked out in the end

Gustavo527

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Discuss.

I'll start: Adam picking James over Juhi. Imagine if he didn't, we wouldn't have been blessed with James' performance of "A Case Of You"

Questionable? I thought it was justified. James's KO >>>> Juhi's.

• istersay changed the title to Questionable decisions of coaches that worked out in the end

Kelly picking Micah vs Tayler. Do I think Tayler wouldā€™ve been more interesting performance wise in the ā€œlivesā€? Yes. But keeping Micah provided her her finalist. However that was definitely due to format lol

Ā 

John picking Mandi over Thunderstorm. Didnā€™t really work for him but it sure as hell worked for Nick lol (to some extent tho since he only got 3rd)

John and his Cami/John H pairing. It was clear that Tamara and John H were Legendā€™s envisioned top 2. If Cami had won her knockout and Legend had a Cami/Tamara/John H top 3, Cami wouldā€™ve been gone in playoffs probably. Instead Kelly stole her and we got 3 more performances period sis

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Kelly picking Micah vs Tayler. Do I think Tayler wouldā€™ve been more interesting performance wise in the ā€œlivesā€? Yes. But keeping Micah provided her her finalist. However that was definitely due to format lol

yeah he would have gotten more votes than her probably, so she made the "right" decision in that sense. i still don't think it was the correct decision, but if she's going off of strategy, she did well

13 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

John and his Cami/John H pairing. It was clear that Tamara and John H were Legendā€™s envisioned top 2. If Cami had won her knockout and Legend had a Cami/Tamara/John H top 3, Cami wouldā€™ve been gone in playoffs probably. Instead Kelly stole her and we got 3 more performances period sis

I think Cami would have probably gotten PV over John H.Ā 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Chris JamisonĀ 

Fun fact: I was also salty about Chris being saved over Taylor at the time. Little did I know how he would go from being a reallyĀ questionable save to becomingĀ one of my favorite contestants ever.

Edited by Daillon

A lot of these were already stated

Adam saving Chris J in playoffs

Kelly picking Micah over Tayler

Nick keeping Rachel over Zae

Ā 

If itā€™s questionable decisions of contestants, I would say Jackie F going to Team Alicia after her Knockout. I thought she would be toast on thatĀ team, but she managed to get a PV

16 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Fun fact: I was also salty about Chris being saved over Taylor at the time. Little did I know how he would go from being a reallyĀ questionable save to becomingĀ one of my favorite contestants ever.

I actually didn't watch that season, and although I've listened to Chris' performances, I haven't listened to much from Season 7; I was just regurgitating what I've seen said on previous iterations of this thread (since, honestly, almost all the threads that come up nowadaysĀ are just repeats of the ones from earlier :haha:)

6 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Gwen choosing Carter over Larriah..Ā :stealth:

Unpopular opinion, but they were equal for me in that battle.Ā And at the end, Carter indeed handled the pressure of the show better.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Unpopular opinion, but they were equal for me in that battle.Ā And at the end, Carter indeed handled the pressure of the show better.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Carter but can't deny he didn't deliver and/or didn't deserveĀ the win, I guess. Season 19 was messy, for sure. His audition was better than Larriah's and KO, too.Ā The battle only, Larriah really did sing circles around him. She was so connected and collected while he was struggling to find his footing in the performance both physically and vocally.Ā 

Edited by colemanftw
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Carter but can't deny he didn't deliver and/or didn't deserveĀ the win, I guess. Season 19 was messy, for sure. His audition was better than Larriah's and KO, too.Ā The battle only, Larriah really did sing circles around him. She was so connected and collected while he was struggling to find his footing in the performance both physically and vocally.Ā 

ThatĀ“s fair. His tone is what made me see him as toe to toe with her in the battle , but she did pull out more technical stuff there.

2 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Yeah, I think Larriah was much better than him in the battle. Carter did have great KO, PO, and SF performances though, so he definitely deserved his win! I wonder if him being in the 4WKO and winning would have made him lose momentum and not win... I suspect not, but that's an interesting thing to consider.

Just now, Misirlou said:

ThatĀ“s fair. His tone is what made me see him as toe to toe with her in the battle , but she did pull out more technical stuff there.

I actually thought that Larriah sounded more mature in the song, as well, but I can see why you thought they were toe-to-toe. Both performed super well!Ā 

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I actually thought that Larriah sounded more mature in the song, as well, but I can see why you thought they were toe-to-toe. Both performed super well!Ā 

Yeah, that battle was better than what a lot of the adults did on this round.