Jump to content

Questionable decisions of coaches that worked out in the end


Gustavo527
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Discuss.

I'll start: Adam picking James over Juhi. Imagine if he didn't, we wouldn't have been blessed with James' performance of "A Case Of You"

Questionable? I thought it was justified. James's KO >>>> Juhi's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, David68 said:

Nick keeping Rachel over Zae, but lives came and that was a great decision.

 

Well maybe not questionable, just the less right feeling decision in that moment

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to Questionable decisions of coaches that worked out in the end
17 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Chris Jamison 

Lmao at this with no context

 

"What are some questionable decisions the coaches made that paid off in the end?"

 

"Chris Jamison"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelly picking Micah vs Tayler. Do I think Tayler would’ve been more interesting performance wise in the “lives”? Yes. But keeping Micah provided her her finalist. However that was definitely due to format lol

 

John picking Mandi over Thunderstorm. Didn’t really work for him but it sure as hell worked for Nick lol (to some extent tho since he only got 3rd)


John and his Cami/John H pairing. It was clear that Tamara and John H were Legend’s envisioned top 2. If Cami had won her knockout and Legend had a Cami/Tamara/John H top 3, Cami would’ve been gone in playoffs probably. Instead Kelly stole her and we got 3 more performances period sis

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Kelly picking Micah vs Tayler. Do I think Tayler would’ve been more interesting performance wise in the “lives”? Yes. But keeping Micah provided her her finalist. However that was definitely due to format lol

yeah he would have gotten more votes than her probably, so she made the "right" decision in that sense. i still don't think it was the correct decision, but if she's going off of strategy, she did well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:


John and his Cami/John H pairing. It was clear that Tamara and John H were Legend’s envisioned top 2. If Cami had won her knockout and Legend had a Cami/Tamara/John H top 3, Cami would’ve been gone in playoffs probably. Instead Kelly stole her and we got 3 more performances period sis

I think Cami would have probably gotten PV over John H. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Chris Jamison 


Fun fact: I was also salty about Chris being saved over Taylor at the time. Little did I know how he would go from being a really questionable save to becoming one of my favorite contestants ever.

Edited by Daillon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of these were already stated

Adam saving Chris J in playoffs

Kelly picking Micah over Tayler

Nick keeping Rachel over Zae

 

If it’s questionable decisions of contestants, I would say Jackie F going to Team Alicia after her Knockout. I thought she would be toast on that team, but she managed to get a PV

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Daillon said:


Fun fact: I was also salty about Chris being saved over Taylor at the time. Little did I know how he would go from being a really questionable save to becoming one of my favorite contestants ever.

I actually didn't watch that season, and although I've listened to Chris' performances, I haven't listened to much from Season 7; I was just regurgitating what I've seen said on previous iterations of this thread (since, honestly, almost all the threads that come up nowadays are just repeats of the ones from earlier :haha:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

(since, honestly, almost all the threads that come up nowadays are just repeats of the ones from earlier :haha:)


Yeah… we are so bored aren’t we :haha:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Gwen choosing Carter over Larriah.. :stealth:

Unpopular opinion, but they were equal for me in that battle. And at the end, Carter indeed handled the pressure of the show better.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Unpopular opinion, but they were equal for me in that battle. And at the end, Carter indeed handled the pressure of the show better.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Carter but can't deny he didn't deliver and/or didn't deserve the win, I guess. Season 19 was messy, for sure. His audition was better than Larriah's and KO, too. The battle only, Larriah really did sing circles around him. She was so connected and collected while he was struggling to find his footing in the performance both physically and vocally. 

Edited by colemanftw
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Carter but can't deny he didn't deliver and/or didn't deserve the win, I guess. Season 19 was messy, for sure. His audition was better than Larriah's and KO, too. The battle only, Larriah really did sing circles around him. She was so connected and collected while he was struggling to find his footing in the performance both physically and vocally. 

That´s fair. His tone is what made me see him as toe to toe with her in the battle , but she did pull out more technical stuff there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Carter but can't deny he didn't deliver and/or didn't deserve the win, I guess. Season 19 was messy, for sure. His audition was better than Larriah's and KO, too. The battle only, Larriah really did sing circles around him. She was so connected and collected while he was struggling to find his footing in the performance both physically and vocally. 

Yeah, I think Larriah was much better than him in the battle. Carter did have great KO, PO, and SF performances though, so he definitely deserved his win! I wonder if him being in the 4WKO and winning would have made him lose momentum and not win... I suspect not, but that's an interesting thing to consider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Misirlou said:

That´s fair. His tone is what made me see him as toe to toe with her in the battle , but she did pull out more technical stuff there.

I actually thought that Larriah sounded more mature in the song, as well, but I can see why you thought they were toe-to-toe. Both performed super well! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kelly turning for Hello Sunday + advancing them to the lives over more experienced vocalists - considering they made it all the way to the semis Instant Save, it worked out long-term but definitely was a bit of a head-scratcher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I actually thought that Larriah sounded more mature in the song, as well, but I can see why you thought they were toe-to-toe. Both performed super well! 

Yeah, that battle was better than what a lot of the adults did on this round.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...